Forza Horizon 2 Announced: Southern Europe, XB1/360 versions developed by 2 companies.

This is a discussion on Forza Horizon 2 Announced: Southern Europe, XB1/360 versions developed by 2 companies. within the Microsoft forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; IGN First: Forza Horizon 2 Announced - IGN Itís time to crank up the stereo and hit the open road ...

INTJ

Forza Horizon 2 Announced: Southern Europe, XB1/360 versions developed by 2 companies.

IGN First: Forza Horizon 2 Announced - IGN

Itís time to crank up the stereo and hit the open road once again, as Microsoft has announced Forza Horizon 2, the next installment in their flagship racing series. Forza Horizon 2 is in development for Xbox One and Xbox 360 and due for release this fall.

The racer follows 2012ís critically acclaimed franchise spinoff Forza Horizon for Xbox 360 and 2013ís frontline Xbox One launch game Forza Motorsport 5. Development is being handled primarily by Horizon 1 studio Playground Games, though the team is collaborating closely with the Motorsport team at Turn 10 Studios; the two teams share a technology pipeline as well as select key personnel.

ď[Turn 10 and Playground] share this belief that we can create a true home for racing fans on Xbox One,Ē said Horizon 2 creative director Ralph Fulton.

In making the leap to Xbox One, Forza Horizon 2 will include hundreds of cars, according to Playground Games, headlined by the 2015 Lamborghini HuracŠn. A long-awaited weather system will also make its Forza debut, while Forza 5ís Drivatar system is also being adapted for Horizon 2.

i fuckin hate european races

god what happened to the louisiana bayou idea.

R.I.P Ellie

The only exclusives worth playing on Xbox. Forza and Horizon. Got a feeling they'll partly ruin it like they did the first Horizon though. Taking a lot of the customization out of it...

Fight the Future

Nice. While I much prefer racing sims to arcade racers, Horizon was fun and I'll definitely pick up this one as well.

Lvl 4 - Silver

gotta love Forza! i cant wait for this

INTJ

the first Horizon is my favorite racing game. It finally took NFS: Carbon out of my #1 favorite racing game spot.

i hate europe racing but hopefully its really good. I wanna see a Horizon game reach Kyoto or Tokyo (Wangan-sen please) at some point. Hell i wanna see if they can emulate the entire island of japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    Nice. While I much prefer racing sims to arcade racers, Horizon was fun and I'll definitely pick up this one as well.

i like racing sims too but the main problem is that people somehow make racing sims boring. the last sim i remember having fun in was like GT4.

Open world Racers like Horizon keeps the fun in racing while sacrificing a bit of simulation, and i dont mind at all.

INTJ

Forza Horizon 2: Resolution, Framerate, Music, & More Detailed -- IGN First - IGN

he did confirm Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox One would display at 1080p and, like the original Forza Horizon, a locked 30 frames-per-second.
    pack it up

its terrible now

was excusable on 360, isn't on XB1.

Fight the Future

Man, I'd hate to be like you and let little things ruin an otherwise great gaming experience. Would it be better if the game was at 60fps? Sure, but it isn't that big of a deal and I'll bet the game will still be a damn good time.

INTJ

Man, I'd hate to be like you and let little things ruin an otherwise great gaming experience. Would it be better if the game was at 60fps? Sure, but it isn't that big of a deal and I'll bet the game will still be a damn good time.
    already didn't like the fact it takes place in southern europe instead of the cool Louisiana bayou idea they had

no 60 fps is the straw that broke the camels back

maybe get forza horizon 3 when it takes place on russian highways of death or Japan

News Team

Mostly because racing games and FPS look great at 60fps. Even Driveclub's locked 30fps is awkward, even if the game looks phenominal. A smooth performance is essential.

Toggle Spoiler

Fight the Future

Quote Originally Posted by Vettes View Post
    Mostly because racing games and FPS look great at 60fps. Even Driveclub's locked 30fps is awkward, even if the game looks phenominal. A smooth performance is essential.
    I agree with that. Still, a stable 30fps is perfectly playable and feels fine (to me personally at least) and I certainly wouldn't let that stop me from purchasing a game.

INTJ

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Forza Horizon 2: Resolution, Framerate, Music, & More Detailed -- IGN First - IGN

pack it up

its terrible now

was excusable on 360, isn't on XB1.
    Lame the game could be awesome. Your full of shit, to bad I was your friend a few years back when this didn't matter as much.

Sig by JakeSS14

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by System H View Post
    Lame the game could be awesome. Your full of shit, to bad I was your friend a few years back when this didn't matter as much.

its a next gen console that just got released

it matters since it should be a standard. i wouldn't give a shit if it was a 360/ps3 only game.

i didn't pay 500$ just to play 30fps/900p Games. Would of saved a bit more money and bought a 780 Ti Instead because at least i know it provides that framerate and resolution.

Wii U has so far delivered on the Locked 60 FPS next-gen gaming. i'm waiting for the "more powerful" consoles to do the same thing on a AAA release.

Renegade Time Lord

it matters since it should be a standard. i wouldn't give a shit if it was a 360/ps3 only game.

i didn't pay 500$ just to play 30fps/900p Games. Would of saved a bit more money and bought a 780 Ti Instead because at least i know it provides that framerate and resolution.

Wii U has so far delivered on the Locked 60 FPS next-gen gaming. i'm waiting for the "more powerful" consoles to do the same thing on a AAA release.
    Probably because the games for the Wii U have not pushed the console to it's limits which Mario Kart 8 has apparently but apparently that there is "more potential" and possibly the Wii U is easier to develop for. They are saying Byonetta 2 is "targeted" for 1080p @ 60fps but whether it does or not is another question.

The Wii U has been out for 2 years so it is expected.
    Just one question. Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?

Avatar, Signature and Banner by Bladia. Thank You!

Lvl 6 - Silver

I don't really care about locked frame rate or 1080. What I care about is how well the game plays and the story. I enjoy my PS4 regardless what the games run in. If the WiiU was having this issue you wouldn't give two shits.

Sig by JakeSS14

Renegade Time Lord

I don't really care about locked frame rate or 1080. What I care about is how well the game plays and the story. I enjoy my PS4 regardless what the games run in. If the WiiU was having this issue you wouldn't give two shits.
    I completely agree on both counts. It is like with Mario Kart 8 having a Mercedes Free DLC car in it which is blatantly an advertisement. If it was anyone else you would be up in arms over it but because it is Nintendo it is the best thing ever. Just like now. If the Wii U was running some games at 30fps you would not care but because the PS4 and the XBOne do it you ridicule them.

And who the hell cares about fps? I know I don't.

INTJ

what if's are fun

Quote Originally Posted by LordZargus View Post
    I completely agree on both counts. It is like with Mario Kart 8 having a Mercedes Free DLC car in it which is blatantly an advertisement. If it was anyone else you would be up in arms over it but because it is Nintendo it is the best thing ever. Just like now. If the Wii U was running some games at 30fps you would not care but because the PS4 and the XBOne do it you ridicule them.

And who the hell cares about fps? I know I don't.

List one genuine real example instead of What if's.

just one.

Renegade Time Lord

what if's are fun

List one genuine real example instead of What if's.

just one.
    The denial is strong with you. *facepalm*