Minecraft: Differences b/w PS3 and XBox360 Version

This is a discussion on Minecraft: Differences b/w PS3 and XBox360 Version within the Minecraft forum, part of the M; What's up PS3T! It's it's a while! Anyway, I freakin' love Minecraft. I've been playing on xbox since Feb. 2012, ...

Retired TGT Member

Minecraft: Differences b/w PS3 and XBox360 Version

What's up PS3T! It's it's a while!

Anyway, I freakin' love Minecraft. I've been playing on xbox since Feb. 2012, PC since Aug. 2012, and PS3 since yesterday.

Fortunately for me, the PS3 version has some interesting differences compared to the XBox360 version. I decided to list them here. Please post replies if there are any that I missed and I'll try to update this first post.

• villagers dress in several different outfits as opposed to the default brown
    • villagers seem to have babies more frequently; the babies dress like one of their parents as opposed to the default brown
    • the sounds made by interacting with blocks are different
    • the music is different…many of the default songs have changed key, tempo, and even arrangement
    • you can hear "farther" on the xbox version…meaning that, on the xbox, when mining a block with a pickaxe (for example), the sound the pickaxe makes is pretty consistent no matter if you're mining stone that's 1 or 4 blocks away, whereas on the PS3, mining blocks farther away produces a signifcantly quieter sound
    • there are more trophies than the xbox has achievements, including a platinum!
    • when you're killed, you're options are "respawn", "exit and save", and "exit without saving", rather than just "respawn" or "exit"
    • xp makes a different noise
    • the autosave takes about 10% of the time it does on xbox! so cool
    • because of the sound vs. distance issues, creepers are better are sneaking up on you! (well, maybe it's just me…)
    • are there baby zombies? I think I hear them, but I haven't spotted one yet...

I'll go ahead and post this now, I'm sure I've forgotten a few…again, please let me know if I'm missing any!
    Last edited by antoniosbandana; 12-18-2013 at 08:56 PM.

Lvl 4 - Silver

im really thinking about getting this!

Plats-O'-War!!

Is it worth the hype? Never played a Minecraft game ever. but, I don't want to spend $20 on it, and next month, it'll be on sale (for example).

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrashTV-XHess View Post
    im really thinking about getting this!
    definitely an easy plat, not too time consuming. i'm not writing the guide for this, but assuming you use the tutorial world it may take less than 10 hours. that may be a generous estimate though.

not to mention that MC is always fun, and this is just different enough from the xbox version to rekindle my interest

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    Is it worth the hype? Never played a Minecraft game ever. but, I don't want to spend $20 on it, and next month, it'll be on sale (for example).
    It's most fun with a couple friends, but you can play online with people, so that makes it easier. I got addicted pretty quick. Try the demo?

The only sane person here

I really want to try this game out myself but I wonder if it contains horses like the recent update on PC.

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingLazy View Post
    I really want to try this game out myself but I wonder if it contains horses like the recent update on PC.
    Sadly, no horses on the PS3 version. None on the current xbox360 version either.

*insert Latin phrase*

You're back, AB!

Man I hope my relatives get me a PSN card for Christmas so I can get it... I played the demo, so glad to see it's pretty updated to keep up with the 360 version!

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel! Vote on my Playstation Grandmasterpiece HERE!

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalman123 View Post
    You're back, AB!

Man I hope my relatives get me a PSN card for Christmas so I can get it... I played the demo, so glad to see it's pretty updated to keep up with the 360 version!
    heck yeah man, i hope you get a PSN card too. if you want someone to MP (co-op, not PvP) with, lemme know.

and actually it seems to me the PS3 version has a few more features than the xbox version. they're very minor, but they're definitely there (villagers with different-colored outfits, for example).

illegal in 9 countries

He's alive!

Thanks for the heads-up, i'll be buying MC on PS3 over the weekend

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    He's alive!

Thanks for the heads-up, i'll be buying MC on PS3 over the weekend
    good to see you too old friend

Notorious K.I.D.

I'll have to check to see if you're on my PSN list AB, otherwise I'll add you for some adventuring Yogscast style.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

*insert Latin phrase*

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    heck yeah man, i hope you get a PSN card too. if you want someone to MP (co-op, not PvP) with, lemme know.
    I'll shoot you a friend request when I get it

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel! Vote on my Playstation Grandmasterpiece HERE!

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by K.I.D. View Post
    I'll have to check to see if you're on my PSN list AB, otherwise I'll add you for some adventuring Yogscast style.
    excellent. if we're not already friends, go ahead and send the invite. i might have to make space…are we allowed 2000 friends on the PSN yet, or are we still at 100? I'm still on PS3, in case that's the factor…

also, as an update to the original post…anybody know if there are baby zombies in the PS3 version? i've been hearing some sounds that remind me of baby zombies on the PC version...

The only sane person here

Sadly, no horses on the PS3 version. None on the current xbox360 version either.
    Ah shame looks like I'll have to stick with my pig, now all that's left is for me to see how many friends I know will be getting it for the PS3 cause I hate to play games with multiplayer myself.

KCCO!

…are we allowed 2000 friends on the PSN yet, or are we still at 100? I'm still on PS3, in case that's the factor…
    I'm pretty sure that it's console-specific, so you're still stuck at 100.