What's up PS3T! It's it's a while!
Anyway, I freakin' love Minecraft. I've been playing on xbox since Feb. 2012, PC since Aug. 2012, and PS3 since yesterday.
Fortunately for me, the PS3 version has some interesting differences compared to the XBox360 version. I decided to list them here. Please post replies if there are any that I missed and I'll try to update this first post.
- villagers dress in several different outfits as opposed to the default brown
- villagers seem to have babies more frequently; the babies dress like one of their parents as opposed to the default brown
- the sounds made by interacting with blocks are different
- the music is different…many of the default songs have changed key, tempo, and even arrangement
- you can hear "farther" on the xbox version…meaning that, on the xbox, when mining a block with a pickaxe (for example), the sound the pickaxe makes is pretty consistent no matter if you're mining stone that's 1 or 4 blocks away, whereas on the PS3, mining blocks farther away produces a signifcantly quieter sound
- there are more trophies than the xbox has achievements, including a platinum!
- when you're killed, you're options are "respawn", "exit and save", and "exit without saving", rather than just "respawn" or "exit"
- xp makes a different noise
- the autosave takes about 10% of the time it does on xbox! so cool
- because of the sound vs. distance issues, creepers are better are sneaking up on you! (well, maybe it's just me…)
- are there baby zombies? I think I hear them, but I haven't spotted one yet...
I'll go ahead and post this now, I'm sure I've forgotten a few…again, please let me know if I'm missing any!