Chapter 5 Speedrun Glitches

This is a discussion on Chapter 5 Speedrun Glitches within the Mirror's Edge forum, part of the M; Is it just me or does it glitches to everyone who plays this game? I've been trying all day to ...

The Girl Gamer

Chapter 5 Speedrun Glitches

Is it just me or does it glitches to everyone who plays this game?

I've been trying all day to try to beat the speedrun and I can't get a good run with so many glitches. First glitch I notice were the trains. The one on the left passed by, but I was expecting for the train on the right to pass also since it usually does, but it didn't pass till like 10 seconds later.

Another thing I notice is that the game isn't finish loading and when it does happen, it makes Faith just stop for 1 millisecond like if the game was going to freeze and usually it does it when about to do a wallrun or jump, which causes Faith not to wallrun or jump and just fall. And when I'm just running it's like Faith just stops like if she hit a wall when actually there isn't a wall near her. Like if there was some invisible wall.

The big glitch that for some reason is making me so pissed off is when the first 3 blues coming out of the helicopter. They kill me so quickly that I wasn't able to even pass them. If I disarm one of them, I can wall climb on the vent, turn 180, and jump on to the small pipe, but the other two blues just shoot me like if they have unlimited bullets for me to die since Faith is so slow climbing the small pipe. If I disarm one of them and kill the other two blues, I wall climb on the vent so many times and Faith just doesn't grab onto the small pipe that I waste more time.

This chapter is the worst in glitches and it's not giving me a good run. Only thing I managed is 9:37:14. Anyone have this same issue with Chapter 5 Speedrun?

Lvl 2 - Bronze

nope i had no glitches when i did it,as 4 the blues if u r quick enough they shouldnt even hit u with any bullets and if they did by that time u should b at the top of the small pipe therefore it wont kill u,i really dont know whats wrong with it i didnt have no problems with the game,i hope u figure out whats wrong with it soon and good luck

The Girl Gamer

Finally I was able to beat it. I just paused the game every time I heard the PS3 starting to load. Pausing the game and then letting it load completely and when it stops I continue the game really helped me and got my perfect run. The blues were just starting to descend from their ropes from the helicopter while I was at the top of the small pipe. Finally cause I was getting sick of the level already. I guess I was fast that the game wouldn't load completely and just made the chapter glitch too much.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

lol thats it good 1