View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

0 0%
  • 2 - Easy

0 0%
  • 3 - Moderate

2 16.67%
  • 4 - Hard

4 33.33%
  • 5 - Very Hard

6 50.00%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Mirror's Edge forum, part of the M; Thanks to Rankineer of the Banner Team for making this banner. This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

Thanks to Rankineer of the Banner Team for making this banner.

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.
    Last edited by antoniosbandana; 11-02-2011 at 06:43 AM.

Finally GTA V done.

I meant to vote in Mortal kombat so for now this vote is void, I guess now I'll have to get this game for the plat in the future

PRO Member

I gave it a 3 Moderate because all this game needs is some dedication and some good Youtube videos for you to do the Time Trials and Speedruns. The Time Trials are not so bad, you only need 50 Stars for the and only 2 of the 9 Speedruns are tough

100% However I would give a 5 Very Hard You have to get 90/99 stars for the 100%

Sig by Smashguy

Crack Fortune Hunter

I gave it a very hard. While following the videos makes it easier, it still takes a lot of skill and dedication to actually pull off what is required to get 3 stars in a time trial. 100% really was a bitch, too. Took a week just to get from 50 to 90 stars.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

The Girl Gamer

I voted for Very Hard. Even if you do have youtube videos to help you, you still have to keep practicing and hope you don't screw up near the end of your perfect speedrun. The Time Trials can be very hard on getting 3 stars and even some 2 stars.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I voted for Hard. The difficulty is mainly in the speed runs and time trials. The speed runs are a little more forgiving because of the amount of time you're given, though it's easy to make a lot of mistakes and find out you're out of time. The time trials are definitely what gave me a harder time. In most of the time trials, you literally need to have a perfect run. No mistakes and maintaining your speed are essential to completing these.

Now, out of all the time trials I did, none of them were impossible. I did get only 2 stars in three of the time trials I believe, but for all the others I managed to get 3 stars within a reasonable amount of time. If getting 90/99 stars wasn't DLC and was actually part of the trophy list, then I would've voted this very hard, but it's not.

This was a great game and one that I'm happy I played.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

Lvl 1 - Bronze

My vote is bias because i have earned the Platinum multiple times before but on my most recent run i started and completed the trophy list in four days (excluding all the DLC trophies).

I find the Platinum is in the Moderate - High range as it does require a certain amount of skill that is challenging and can be frustrating at times.
    Let's party - 90's style!

Mr. President - Coco Jambo

> Restart Button <

I voted hard. This game is pretty challenging and you'll need some awesome controller skills to pull it off. Good luck!

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 5 - Silver

i vote very hard

Finally GTA V done.

Quote Originally Posted by omnislash View Post
    I meant to vote in Mortal kombat so for now this vote is void, I guess now I'll have to get this game for the plat in the future

Lol I voted in wrong section 2 years ago but now have the plat and vote is still hard anyway.

4 Hard or 8/10 The time trials and speedruns are the challenging parts. The time trials leave very little room for error if any and they need shortcuts to finish them on time even for 2 stars but at least there short. The speedruns are longer but on most of them you can make a couple of errors and still finish them on time.I found 2,& 5 not much room for error on those ones.