Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Motorstorm rc sucks

This is a discussion on Motorstorm rc sucks within the MotorStorm: RC forum, part of the M; wheres having a fun time in this "game"? you cant drift in competitive races, theres no close up 3rd person ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Motorstorm rc sucks

wheres having a fun time in this "game"? you cant drift in competitive races, theres no close up 3rd person camera, and ai just as bad as the rest. was this game made with a rock or what its just as bad as the other motorstorms

Lvl 4 - Silver

I wasn't too impressed either..I thought the menu and controls were poorly designed.

Currently Working On- Borderlands 2 52% Resistance: Burning Skies 40%

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by pRoViSiOn26 View Post
    I wasn't too impressed either..I thought the menu and controls were poorly designed.
    am not complaining about the graphics but on the controls

Grandmasterpiece

Granted, it's called Motorstorm RC, and it would be pretty hard to enjoy remote-control cars with a close-up camera, as you need to see the turns and feel the controlling of a real RC car. And the AI is pretty much for showing "stay ahead of this guy and get first", not for real competition.

And if you hate the other Motorstorms, why try this one? Seems someone's a glutton for punishment.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel! Vote on my Playstation Grandmasterpiece HERE!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalman123 View Post
    Granted, it's called Motorstorm RC, and it would be pretty hard to enjoy remote-control cars with a close-up camera, as you need to see the turns and feel the controlling of a real RC car. And the AI is pretty much for showing "stay ahead of this guy and get first", not for real competition.

And if you hate the other Motorstorms, why try this one? Seems someone's a glutton for punishment.
    even if theyre are rc cars is still a game why cant there be an option for those that would like a 3rd person close up camera and how is fighting to place 1st "not competitive"

Indie Game Developer

I don't think you understand the point of this game. I guess you've never played a top down racer before, because that's what this is. This game is really great for what it is. That's like saying that Gran Turismo or Forza sucks because you can't just handbrake drift around all the corners like in need for speed. Motorstorm RC is a DIFFERENT GENRE of game than what you were expecting, but it is in no way a bad game. In fact, I think it is one of the best vita games out there right now. I'm loving the competition between people on my friends list for the fastest time in all the levels.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Jakintosh View Post
    I don't think you understand the point of this game. I guess you've never played a top down racer before, because that's what this is. This game is really great for what it is. That's like saying that Gran Turismo or Forza sucks because you can't just handbrake drift around all the corners like in need for speed. Motorstorm RC is a DIFFERENT GENRE of game than what you were expecting, but it is in no way a bad game. In fact, I think it is one of the best vita games out there right now. I'm loving the competition between people on my friends list for the fastest time in all the levels.
    the absence of drifting in non drifting events is like having a road but a car with no tires, theres too many corners so its necessary to stay ahead of the pack unless youre lucky

The Bushiest Pig

My 2 cents: what did you expect from it? Isn't like a $15 game on the PS3 and free on the VITA?
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

CMN
    PS4 - Christmas 2014

Just played it, was very disappointing. Menu and controls were designed funky and seems like they did not take much time making it.

Sig and Avatar from one of the Elite, Dare
    WWE Favorite TEN (Active Performers, Updated Every Week) - Bad News Barrett, Bray Wyatt, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Bo Dallas, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Sami Zayn, Luke Harper, Cesaro

Currently Playing/Working On: Call of Duty Ghosts (Xbox One/360), NBA 2K14 (Xbox One), Killzone 2 (PS3), Remember Me (PS3), WWE 2K14 (PS3)

Lvl 9 - Gold

It's RC racing for a reason, and for it being a RC game, it's pretty damn good to be honest. I love it, and the fact that it's free on Vita? Loving it.
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

Lvl 4 - Silver

To each his own, I guess. I personally think the game is great, and the fact that it was free was a sweet bonus. I was a huge fan of the old Ivan "Ironman" Stewart's Off-Road racing arcade game, which this game feels a lot like, which is probably why I'm enjoying it so much.

Click here for my platinum checklist
    and trophy guides

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    My 2 cents: what did you expect from it? Isn't like a $15 game on the PS3 and free on the VITA?
    arent games meant to be enjoyed

Indie Game Developer

Quote Originally Posted by AJL_LEYJA View Post
    the absence of drifting in non drifting events is like having a road but a car with no tires, theres too many corners so its necessary to stay ahead of the pack unless youre lucky
    You can drift in non-drifting events. It's just that the muscle car (used in the drifting events) is the easiest to drift. Other cars can drift too, just not as obviously as the muscle car can.

Also, a lot of people are complaining about the menu system, but I think it's great once you get used to it.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I think its a great game. one complaint i have is the throttle. sometimes i won't be pushing the right stick straight up and i won't get full throttle. wish we could use R or X for throttle instead of the stick.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by jayrockslife View Post
    I think its a great game. one complaint i have is the throttle. sometimes i won't be pushing the right stick straight up and i won't get full throttle. wish we could use R or X for throttle instead of the stick.
    you can set the controls to your preference but this game still sucks hard

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by dajmer79 View Post
    To each his own, I guess. I personally think the game is great, and the fact that it was free was a sweet bonus. I was a huge fan of the old Ivan "Ironman" Stewart's Off-Road racing arcade game, which this game feels a lot like, which is probably why I'm enjoying it so much.
    Exactly what I was making my comment based on. I guess there are too many young gamers that never played OffRoad. Oh well, their loss and our gain .
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

NSFW

Why didn't you try the Demo? And if you got it free, then you have no right to complain. It's an RC game, it's meant to be that way. Granted the controls can be slippery and awkward and the menus are really confusing, but the game in my opinion is okay. Nothing extraordinaire but not nearly abysmal.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    Why didn't you try the Demo? And if you got it free, then you have no right to complain. It's an RC game, it's meant to be that way. Granted the controls can be slippery and awkward and the menus are really confusing, but the game in my opinion is okay. Nothing extraordinaire but not nearly abysmal.
    idk where come from idk if you get punished for complaining but whats wrong with complaining once in a while its called freedom of speech

The Bushiest Pig

arent games meant to be enjoyed
    Yes but they don't always turn out that way. If you come across a fairly new game that is cheap, hell even offered for free how good do you think it will be? Odds are it will be an ok or bad game.

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

The Bushiest Pig

idk where come from idk if you get punished for complaining but whats wrong with complaining once in a while its called freedom of speech
    When you speak it properly that's what it's called

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast