Does anyone understand the leaderboard?

This is a discussion on Does anyone understand the leaderboard? within the MotorStorm: RC forum, part of the M; The title speaks for itself. I don't understand what the numbers on the leaderboard mean, but I know that they ...

Indie Game Developer

Does anyone understand the leaderboard?

The title speaks for itself. I don't understand what the numbers on the leaderboard mean, but I know that they are going down. Does anybody know what they mean, or how they work? On individual races it shows your time on the race, but the festival ones are what I don't understand.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Battlefield 3 <3

Quote Originally Posted by Jakintosh View Post
    The title speaks for itself. I don't understand what the numbers on the leaderboard mean, but I know that they are going down. Does anybody know what they mean, or how they work? On individual races it shows your time on the race, but the festival ones are what I don't understand.
    If by festival ones you mean the one on the main menu or the separate area leaderboards. If you mean the festival one it is your time across all events added together. It is the same for the area leaderboards except it only counts for the events in the certain area. Basically if you are replaying certain event and getting better times it will go down if you play a new event the time will add on to the leaderboard. also one of these numbers are your leaderboard place so say for instance i have a time of 00:00:20 on the Monumnet Valley leaderboards and score a time of 00:00:18 on the event i've already played it will go lower but if i score 00:00:15 on another event it would go from 00:00:18 to 00:00:33.

Awesome Sig and Avvy by DaRe_xLw

Indie Game Developer

See, that's what I think it SHOULD be, but when I first started the game, all of the individual section leaderboards said something like 02:30:00. And now they go down from there, so I'm around 1:10:00 now on each event. That is definitely not my total time for the area, since I've done like 9-10 events in each place, it should be getting close to around 8 minutes. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

INTJ

the leaderboard is kinda easy to read

the random number is your rank

the time is your time

the green/red text is where you place according to your friends/worldwide.

Battlefield 3 <3

See, that's what I think it SHOULD be, but when I first started the game, all of the individual section leaderboards said something like 02:30:00. And now they go down from there, so I'm around 1:10:00 now on each event. That is definitely not my total time for the area, since I've done like 9-10 events in each place, it should be getting close to around 8 minutes. It just doesn't make any sense to me.
    By any chance have you played the game on the PS3 as the PS3 syncs with the vita and vice versa as thats all i can think of. although the times are set for the areas HH:MM:SS and for races they are set and races are set MM:SS:MSMSMS. Another thing i would suggest is adding your times together with a calculator by calculating seconds to ouble check if it is right although I haven't had any problems i will definitely look into it for you.

Indie Game Developer

Maybe my game is completely messed up then. On festival leaderboards, my "time" reads at 1:25:10 for Monument Valley. I counted up the actual times of the events I've completed and its 8:07:12. So it's clearly not displaying the correct time. Even more perplexing is that the number one guy on the global leader board for Monument Valley is at 00:08:XX, and there is no way in hell that he did every event totaling at 8 seconds. This is the white time, I know that the red/green is the difference, and the difference times for me are comparing my "weird time" with my friends "weird times." It's also like this for Pacific Rift, Arctic Edge, and Apocalypse. My overall festival score reads at 5:43:02.

Maybe I'm still understanding this wrong, but I don't understand what my numbers mean. I've completed 32 events to completion, totaling 96 medals.

derp.

Battlefield 3 <3

Maybe my game is completely messed up then. On festival leaderboards, my "time" reads at 1:25:10 for Monument Valley. I counted up the actual times of the events I've completed and its 8:07:12. So it's clearly not displaying the correct time. Even more perplexing is that the number one guy on the global leader board for Monument Valley is at 00:08:XX, and there is no way in hell that he did every event totaling at 8 seconds. This is the white time, I know that the red/green is the difference, and the difference times for me are comparing my "weird time" with my friends "weird times." It's also like this for Pacific Rift, Arctic Edge, and Apocalypse. My overall festival score reads at 5:43:02. HH:MM:SS

Maybe I'm still understanding this wrong, but I don't understand what my numbers mean. I've completed 32 events to completion, totaling 96 medals.

derp.
    i know what it is know your are interpreting it wrong the guy with 00:08:XX has completed it in 8 minutes something and your time is apparently 1 hour 25 minutes.
    Last edited by Vx_S3AN_xV; 03-13-2012 at 04:09 PM.

Indie Game Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Vx_S3AN_xV View Post
    i know what it is know your are interpreting it wrong the guy with 00:08:XX has completed it in 8 minutes something and your time is apparently 1 hour 25 minutes.
    Yep, as I went farther into the game I eventually figured out that the game counts an unstarted race as 10 minutes... which led to some confusion. Everything makes sense now, now that I've beaten the game They should have made it more clear.

Thanks for your help though

Ninja Master

now the leaderboards it confuses me why are they putting my pitwall with like the Top players making it harder on myself