View Poll Results: "How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?"

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Easy

3 15.79%
  • Easy

12 63.16%
  • Moderate

3 15.79%
  • Hard

1 5.26%
  • Very Hard

0 0%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Need for Speed: Most Wanted forum, part of the N; (banner image pending) This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please ...

PRO Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

(banner image pending)

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were very easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I said it was Easy. I'm a huge Need For Speed fan, having played a lot of titles in the series, and I'm a huge fan of Burnout: Paradise. I've gotten the Platinum in each of those games, so if you've got those Platinums, expect the same here.

Possibly the most difficult trophies involved the collectibles and boosting online for the Pro modifications. But these are pretty easy as well; there's maps for every collectible now (Jack Spots, Speed Cameras, Billboards, and Security Gates), and the Pro mods can be boosted with a helpful friend. And be sure to check the trophy guide here at PS3Trophies.com, there are some neat tips there for some trophies like "The Heat is Off." Wouldn't have gotten that trophy without the guide.

Difficult? I wouldn't say so. Fun? Hell yes.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

This is just my second platinum but I have to put hard just because it took me a while to get The Modfather.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I voted 3 - Moderate

Everything was nice and easy and laid out to be done easily with a good guide, not being able to track your security gates was a tad annoying but i got there in the end with a great security gates map.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Alright, i'll give this explanation a thought. First off, i apologize for voting before getting the platinum trophy: i read not to after i voted. If i could take it back, i would. I voted easy, however, because the gameplay, while super fun, was easy. I beat the game in two days and got somewhere around 3/4 of the trophies without having to look at the trophy list. The rest of them are ridiculous, but not hard, especially with guides out there to help. I think that you're going to see variation in the poll simply because people define "hard" in different ways. I don't see the collecting trophies as hard, because as they are VERY outrageously time consuming and frustrating, they aren't hard. The analogy i'll make here is that these trophies would be similar to if I asked you to count to 10,000. You would probably decline, but not because you find it difficult to count that high, but because it would simply take too long. (Although if there was a trophy for it, we would all do it.)

Gathering can be fun, but I think that companies have gone over the limit with it, and now it's a chore rather than enjoyment. I remember one of the most fun parts of any Ratchet and Clank game was the gathering of the ryno schematics and golden bolts. Why? Because there was a handful on each level, they served a purpose (you could get a super awesome gun with the schematics and you could upgrade your existing guns with gold bolts). If there was a reasonable amount of things to collect in NFS, I wouldn't mind searching for them, but over 100? Jackspots, billboards, speed cameras, and security gates? Come on now. When I have to spend ample more time doing these silly wild goose chases than it takes to actually beat the game, it stops being fun. I'm not trying to complain because i realize that i don't have to get them if i don't want to, i'm just giving my opinion.

And now i'm going back to continue the search. I hope to see you all around sometime.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I would say it's an easy platinum. Perhaps for anyone with racing ambitions even very easy. There are some races you have to repeat for sure and you need to getting used to the controls at the beginning. At first I had a hard time with the cops too nearly smashing the controller, but with some tricks and the right car there are no problems.

PRO Member

I voted very easy. The only problems you may encounter is having to repeat a few races because of random cars being in your usual path around a blind corner or hill here or there. Simply replay them, and hope they're not there next time

I would not recommend paying $60 for this game. I would wait until it's $30 or lower. It was underwhelming compared to the value you got from their other title, Burnout Paradise.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

www.powerpyx.com

EASY
    It just takes some time, but it's not hard at all. The most wanted races were way too easy. Luckily the trophy description for "Second is Nothing" is wrong and you just need to finish first in 61 one races with a car of your choice.

Backlog Grinding

I cast my vote for EASY. The only reason I did not vote for very easy is because of the random cars that would appear around blind corners and hilltops, otherwise there is not one thing challenging about this game. It is a lot of fun but is mediocre in comparison to Burnout: Paradise and is not worth 60 bucks. This is a game that you can wait for the price to drop or become a greatest hit ( if it does ) to then pick up.

Currently playing -->

Legalize it...

Easy. There is only 1 race (Needle Point) that was "hard" but it wasnt actually hard, it was just SUPER cheap with BS like this.

I got 154.9 and a few other 154._ basically every time I played it with 0 wrecks. But, on the run that I got gold, I had one wreck and got 155.7? Its just stupid lol...

It should be called Burnout: Most Wanted and not have NFS in the title because its nothing like the PS2 version, which was one of my favorite PS2 games, which is the only reason I bought it. This was just Burnout with real cars (and a driver) and wasnt worth the $25 I paid for it. The game was horrible IMO...

Lvl 7 - Gold

I voted Easy.

It would be very easy, but that Needle Point race was total BS, took me around a hour in the Bugatti, but i was using a crap small tv at the time

The game is very fun, and the platinum doesn't take long, the collectibles might be a bit annoying when you are missing one yes, and the online is easy as you can boost in private lobbies, which all game should have IMO.

Now i just need to platinum Shift 2 and MW on the Vita and i have all NFS plats, too bad this game wasn't as good as the original. But a super fun game with a easy platinum is always welcome in my game collection

Latest : #112 / RAYMAN: Origins [VITA]

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I voted Easy..It's the first platinum for me and I'm probably not the target audience for this game but it wasn't hard to achieve most of the trophies without trying and that meant I spent more time earning the more difficult ones but not a great deal of time. I;m one of those people who will go back and try to get every little thing so there's a lot left to do to earn every single license plate, which is re-play value for me. It was maybe a little too easy but I'm happy with it and enjoy the multiplayer alot.

HDD corrupted u.u

Voted Moderate. Everything is easy, but jesus, the collectibles will really kick your ass. I advise following the maps in the guide so you don't miss one and and end up wasting time like I did
    [floatleft][/floatleft]

AKA bar by Athena| Avatar by Dare_xLw
    |Signature by Luckay

My showcase

by "Neo Gimp" D1Mech and "Smudgetastic" djunglist

Sigs And Beyond (closed)/Deja View (open)
    Sigs/Banners/Avatars/Headers requests

Lvl 7 - Gold

Haven't got the plat yet so I won't vote but considering invisible spike traps and suicidal most wanted cars makes this plat a lot harder than it should be... Glitchy as hell...

Toggle Spoiler

currently working on several games

My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

Dull Ember

2 Easy.
    Collectibles are a pain and online mods are a drag but all other trophies are straightforward. A fun game.
    Signature by Djunglist, Avatar by DaRe.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'm glad I didn't buy this game on launch day got it as a ps+ member and found it very easy to platinum. Would have been disappointed if I payed full price for this game it took a week to get platinum. The hardest trophy was getting someone to play five speedtests online.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I am about to go back and plat this so I won't vote quite yet. The only complaint I have had about this game is having to restart everything because autolog wouldn't count certain billboards that were smashed so i will never be able to get those until I restart and go through it in the next couple of days. I did enjoy this game though, but not enough to have to put up with finding and winning everything again. I LOVED the original on the PS2 so this was a bit disappointing.

A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Easy: Very fun Need For Speed game. Collectibles were very fun to collect, online was annoying especially the Modfather trophy. Campaign itself was enjoyable, some races were rage inducing ( Speedtest). Overall a great game and plat to own.