Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thinking of picking this up...

This is a discussion on Thinking of picking this up... within the Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 forum, part of the N; How many controllers do I expect to completely destroy from pure rage? And any advice on avoiding this costly genocide ...

дурак

Thinking of picking this up...

How many controllers do I expect to completely destroy from pure rage? And any advice on avoiding this costly genocide of technology?
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel

Finally GTA V done.

If you get mad easily then it will be very costly lol.

дурак

As long as me failing is my own fault and not the fault of the game itself, it shouldn't be that bad. But seriously, I wanna at least try to play this game. Anything I should know before hand?, seeing as how I've never played a Ninja Gaiden game in my life.

Harvester of Souls

Takes some skill . And i suggest if feeling mad at the game, then to put down the controller and hold a squeky toy of like a dog or something. Grab and break that if anger rises. And the squekiness will actually calm you . Never tried . just seems good idea. Read around for some tips ont he game.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

PRO Member

Dope get ready for a battle, I have lost my data 3times for this game...and haven't really broken a controller.. I broke one for NG III
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    How many controllers do I expect to completely destroy from pure rage? And any advice on avoiding this costly genocide of technology?
    lmao costly genocide of technology. Anways only three simple things I can give you since I haven't played a NG game in over 2.5 years

1. Master the Izuna Drop - One of if not the best move in the game, your bread and butter to get through most enemies in the game

2. Use walls to your advantage because In a NG game you can decapitate your enemies for a instant win

3. Keep your finger as close to the block button as humanly possible, I think its L1. You can also block and attack if you practice enough.

4. Just like any Demon Souls game divide and conquer, its easier to fight one enemy at a time than it is 4. Even though most of the time you will be fighting 3 or more enemies(depends on the difficulty)

5. You don't need flashy combos to get the job done, even though longer combos mean more essence(cash) its not necessary to dish out a 30 hit combo.

6. Barrel roll like a boss - This can and will save your life from enemies since even on Normal difficulty being reckless = death

Finally GTA V done.

As long as me failing is my own fault and not the fault of the game itself, it shouldn't be that bad. But seriously, I wanna at least try to play this game. Anything I should know before hand?, seeing as how I've never played a Ninja Gaiden game in my life.
    It is a great game play so you'll have fun with it at least. 1st play on the easier settings like Acolyte and Warrior modes to get a feel for the game. It won't be hard on those settings and you got to do them anyway since it's 7 playthroughs for the plat. This game is not a button masher like a lot of hack n slash games are though you could get away with that on the easier settings but on the harder ones, you need to learn some moves such as the Izuna Drop and certain combos on certain bosses which is a must on the hard settings like Master Ninja mode which a grab from most regular enemies and bosses is instant death.
    Also to add, move around a lot as even just standing and blocking, the regular enemies will smarten up an grab you so move a lot so they can't grab you. Also spam the Ultimate Technique but get away from the enemies since it does have a charge. UT with Tonfas FTW

Random Access Memories

Pretty much what others have already stated. I haven't played since NGS and I'd love to pick this up as well. Good luck

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

дурак

I got 2 more questions.

1) Should I start on the easiest difficulty and make my way up? Because like omnislash said you could get away with button mashing (on the easier difficulties) and I really would rather not develop a bad habit such as that going into the harder difficulties.

and

2) Please for the love of god tell me that Sigma 2 does not have as much of that QTE bullshit I ran into with the Ninja Gaiden 3 demo. Because it got annoying very quickly.

Regional Manager of War

I got 2 more questions.

1) Should I start on the easiest difficulty and make my way up? Because like omnislash said you could get away with button mashing (on the easier difficulties) and I really would rather not develop a bad habit such as that going into the harder difficulties?

and

2) Please for the love of god tell me that Sigma 2 does not have as much of that QTE bullshit I ran into with the Ninja Gaiden 3 demo. Because it got annoying very quickly.
    When I start the game I am going to go with this path

1. Clear the game on the PATH OF THE ACOLYTE.
    2. Master the PATH OF THE ACOLYTE.
    3. Clear the game on the PATH OF THE WARRIOR.
    4. Master the PATH OF THE WARRIOR.
    5. Clear the game on the PATH OF THE MENTOR.
    6. Master the PATH OF THE MENTOR.
    7. Clear the game on the PATH OF THE MASTER NINJA.
    8. Master the PATH OF THE MASTER NINJA.
    9. Beg people on friends list to do Team Missions with me

2) I don't think there are any QTE in NG3, I believe those are new

Finally GTA V done.

I got 2 more questions.

1) Should I start on the easiest difficulty and make my way up? Because like omnislash said you could get away with button mashing (on the easier difficulties) and I really would rather not develop a bad habit such as that going into the harder difficulties.

and

1) On most regular enemies on the easiest settings but not bosses but still start on the easiest settings since it's your 1st Ninja Gaiden game. I found warrior mode which is normal easy but some have had some trouble on it.
    2) Nope no QTE in this game.

Finally GTA V done.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Awesome91 View Post
    When I start the game I am going to go with this path

1. Clear the game on the PATH OF THE ACOLYTE.
    2. Master the PATH OF THE ACOLYTE.
    3. Clear the game on the PATH OF THE WARRIOR.
    4. Master the PATH OF THE WARRIOR.
    5. Clear the game on the PATH OF THE MENTOR.
    6. Master the PATH OF THE MENTOR.
    7. Clear the game on the PATH OF THE MASTER NINJA.
    8. Master the PATH OF THE MASTER NINJA.
    9. Beg people on friends list to do Team Missions with me

2) I don't think there are any QTE in NG3, I believe those are new
    You can skip the master path of the acolyte by just playing the last chapter in chap select.

дурак

@Icy(trololol): If you want when I pick it up and IF I get that far, I'll totally help you out with those. But yeah, seems logical.

@Omnislash: Thank god, I hated the QTE in NG3 demo, it almost took the fun out of the game.

But yeah thanks guys, I'll definitely attempt to Platinum this. Will I be successful? Probably not, but at least I'll give it a shot. Now to buy it on Amazon, it was like $25 there. I'll leave this thread open if anyone else wants to weigh in, it might help other gamers as well.

EDIT: *Went to Amazon* $40? HAHAHA- I'm gonna wait awhile ._.

The Grand Ray Legend

I'm currently playing this game right now in Master Ninja and it really frustrating, i advise u to train yourself and try to master the dodge ability and the counter attack because you're going to need it
    Sig and Avy made by the talented DaRe_xLw

God Of War: Ascension - 84% / Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - 80%

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by omnislash View Post
    You can skip the master path of the acolyte by just playing the last chapter in chap select.
    Noted

@Icy(trololol): If you want when I pick it up and IF I get that far, I'll totally help you out with those. But yeah, seems logical.
    I hate you , I haven't been called that since that faithful afternoon back in May of 2011... Anyways I will gladly team up with you since I won't be starting the game until I hit 49

Remember You Soon

EDIT: *Went to Amazon* $40? HAHAHA- I'm gonna wait awhile ._.
    Dude, I don't know what you're seeing, but its selling for $20.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...condition=used

дурак

I wasn't buying it used xD. I don't like buying used games over the internet. I guess I could just go to Gamestop and get it used there.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Actually everything what other mentioned above.

There are alot of differences between NG and other H&S games. Look at it as you playing as a "Ninja" and ninja dont stand in one place to long .

So comparing with other Action games (H&G) Ryu is very agile, so to be better at NG (and also to enjoy it more) try to hold L1 90% of the time and move, move and move. Dont rely too much on counter-attack (also its very good move, but very advanced you dont have to worry about it atleast not yet).

- So separat your enemies and when they attack => "block and dash" dont just BLOCK.
    - Dont attack the enemies while they are in the middle of their combo, just wait (learn when they stop attacking you) and strike the moment they stop.
    Quote of the week:
    "For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories." - Plato

Sinner and Saint

I think I'm going to give this game a shot too. I haven't played a Ninja Gaiden game since the first one back on X-Box and I do remember faintly it being sorta difficult. I do like to challenge myself and it's pretty unanimous this is one of the hardest plats.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

This version of Ninja Gaiden is tough but not as tough as the 360 version. The number of enemies you have to deal in that one makes it tougher. I had to use my potions more in that one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast