View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Easy

1 5.00%
  • Easy

0 0%
  • Moderate

1 5.00%
  • Hard

3 15.00%
  • Very Hard

15 75.00%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 forum, part of the N; This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please do not vote ...

PRO Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Nothing is Implattable, the word itself says I'm plattable.

Geo
    PRO Member

I am trying so hard to resist just pressing easy for the sake of trolling...

Is this thread really necessary? We all know it's going to be hard or very hard...

Not trying to be a negative nancy, just don't see that it will reveal any amazing information seeing as though it's generally considered one of, if not the hardest games on the PS3.

PRO Member

Perhaps the most famous Platinum Trophy ever, the Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Platinum Trophy. Every Trophy Hunter knows about this one, and it's common knowledge that this is easily on of the hardest Platinum Trophies out there in the whole world. As Proud Owner of this Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Platinum Trophy, I can confirm that it won't be easy, but if you go for something and your dedication is big enough, it's not impossible. In my honest opinion the first 2 Playthroughs of Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 where the hardest playthroughs. Learning the basics and getting used to the insane difficulty definitely wasn't easy. The game will lift gaming to a whole new level. The extremely difficult Boss Fights, the extremely cheap deaths; there is just so much to rage about in this game. You will die a lot, but you need to accept that. The Hardest Difficulty (Master Ninja) is for a lot of enemies a 1-hit kill party, so you will need to be very cautious in this game. The truely hardest part about this platinum trophy are the Team Missions. Like if Master Ninja Difficulty wasn't hard enough yet, they added an Ultimate Ninja Difficulty in there. The only suggestion I have to beat those is to find an insanely skilled partner, because without 2 leet players, this is impossible. Luckily, the online connection is always very good and you won't experience any LAG [/sarcasm].

Summary:
    This Platinum Trophy will only be obtainable by the most leet gamers in the world, however those aren't the ones with the most skills, but the ones with the most dedication. This game will take like 150 Hours to get Platinum Trophy on, but it's more than worth it. Believe in yourself, and you can do it. If you keep going on, it will never be impossible! That's my motivation, and that should be your motivation as well.

Nothing is Implattable, the word itself says I'm plattable.

Trophies soon.

This easily gets a 5 very hard or 10/10 but I would say extreme hard. First off this takes 7 full playthroughs and lots of grinding with 1000 kills with every weapons, throw and other characters use. But Master Level Ninja is where things get extreme hard. 2 playthroughs on this mode is require. On the 1st time going through, your health bar is low and your weapons are not strong enough for the increase damage resistance all the enemies have. Also grabs by most regular enemies are 1 hit kills. Even just hit from them are high damage and usually it's a pack of enemies surrounding you and different types. Most of the bosses are really hard as you have to know more than just dodging and countering as if you don't watch very carefully, there most likey going to grab you for a one hit kill.
    The online co-op missions is the hardest from master level ninja and Ultimate Ninja difficulty. You need a very skilled partner to get through them but as always with online, theres plenty of n00bs around but even with good partners, they are still hard. But Ultimate Ninja 1 & 2 is what's makes this near impossible. In ultimate ninja 1, you have 3 hard to near impossible bosses on the screen at the same time with Elizabeth being near impossible and another one showing up later when 2 of them are gone. Ultimate Ninja 2 is 4 rounds but the last round is insane as you have 3 Fiend Genshins on the screen at the same time but one parnter has to distract 2 of them while the other parner takes one out. This is a very hard boss and is the 2nd hardest in this game. But to add to this, the lag is what makes this impossible so a amazing connnection is needed.
    Last edited by omnislash; 08-12-2012 at 10:57 AM.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Its easy

Lvl 7 - Gold

yep this game is super hard no point in even having a poll for it lol

only trolls will pick easy haha

i got a feeling that number 3 is going to be alot more easier for the trophies

Lvl 4 - Silver

HARDEST GAME IN TEH WORLD!!!111
    Seriously, it's the hardest game I've ever plat-ed, and as usually the online part is harder then the single player part.

Lvl 5 - Silver

The Platinum took me literally 1 year and 10 months,...why so long? cuz on first playthru cruz'n thru at warp speed(feelin mighty fine on all the pick up this little piece of paper and do this get a trophy thingy's),got to the statue of liberty fight in 4 think and skillfully said WTF IS THIS SHIT? and from there hence like a true hero i gave up.

Only picked it up a little over a yr later cuz Fred Meyer had brand new copies for 19.99,so i said why not i polished my skills right? yea just nuff to get past ch 4 and embark upon whole new levels of exhilarating cheap ai bullshit.

I will say this you truely do not know the levels of bullshit with this game UNTIL you play it on Master Ninja mode,by example for me ch 5 Momiji's kill count went from the 1000 trophy mark up to like 4,800 ALL CUZ OF THAT ONE CHAPTER and a few practice team missions,that chapter alone for alot of ppl who attempted for the plat is the deal breaker for this game on MN mode, i am proud to say that persistance and the patince of constant consistant death(and maybe a muzzle for how much fucking yelling you do from this game) is why and HOW i attained the platinum on this ,the team missions can be the second hardest part ,but with practice and for most the right strategy,or as stated the perfect 'MAD DOG SKILLS' partner,doable.

& Iraqoz is that easy comment supposed to be funny? easy like pulling toenails off your foot with your fingers easy?

just looked at the results ,whoever voted easy and moderate,y'all need to get bitch slapped on that, cuz if u got the skills to say it ,you got the skills to take it.
    Last edited by I_Nero_I; 10-25-2011 at 01:31 AM.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by I_Nero_I View Post
    The Platinum took me literally 1 year and 10 months,...why so long? cuz on first playthru cruz'n thru at warp speed(feelin mighty fine on all the pick up this little piece of paper and do this get a trophy thingy's),got to the statue of liberty fight in 4 think and skillfully said WTF IS THIS SHIT? and from there hence like a true hero i gave up.

Only picked it up a little over a yr later cuz Fred Meyer had brand new copies for 19.99,so i said why not i polished my skills right? yea just nuff to get past ch 4 and embark upon whole new levels of exhilarating cheap ai bullshit.

I will say this you truely do not know the levels of bullshit with this game UNTIL you play it on Master Ninja mode,by example for me ch 5 Momiji's kill count went from the 1000 trophy mark up to like 4,800 ALL CUZ OF THAT ONE CHAPTER and a few practice team missions,that chapter alone for alot of ppl who attempted for the plat is the deal breaker for this game on MN mode, i am proud to say that persistance and the patince of constant consistant death(and maybe a muzzle for how much fucking yelling you do from this game) is why and HOW i attained the platinum on this ,the team missions can be the second hardest part ,but with practice and for most the right strategy,or as stated the perfect 'MAD DOG SKILLS' partner,doable.

& Iraqoz is that easy comment supposed to be funny? easy like pulling toenails off your foot with your fingers easy?

just looked at the results ,whoever voted easy and moderate,y'all need to get bitch slapped on that, cuz if u got the skills to say it ,you got the skills to take it.
    It was for fun lol.

As other mentioned above the game is very hard.
    Quote of the week:
    "For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories." - Plato

Lvl 5 - Silver

cool , thought so

Lvl 6 - Silver

5. Very Hard - very obvious reason first this game is really hard second the online really suck so you need a very fast internet connect and i never thought i get this plat but with patience and dedication you will also get this

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Definitely a Very Hard ... The All Missions Successfully Completed trophy is a total pain and the Team Missions really sucks the fun out of the game (at least for me) due to the cheap crap the AI constantly pulls.

.. Solar Fields ..

Quote Originally Posted by omnislash View Post
    This easily gets a 5 very hard but I would say extreme hard. First off this takes 7 full playthroughs and lots of grinding with 1000 kills with every weapons, throw and other characters use. But Master Level Ninja is where things get extreme hard. 2 playthroughs on this mode is require. On the 1st time going through, your health bar is low and your weapons are not strong enough for the increase damage resistance all the enemies have. Also grabs by most regular enemies are 1 hit kills. Even just hit from them are high damage and usually it's a pack of enemies surrounding you and different types. Most of the bosses are really hard as you have to know more than just dodging and countering as if you don't watch very carefully, there most likey going to grab you for a one hit kill.
    The online co-op missions is the hardest from master level ninja and Ultimate Ninja difficulty. You need a very skilled partner to get through them but as always with online, theres plenty of n00bs around but even with good partners, they are still hard. But Ultimate Ninja 1 & 2 is what's makes this near impossible. In ultimate ninja 1, you have 3 hard to near impossible bosses on the screen at the same time with Elizabeth being near impossible and another one showing up later when 2 of them are gone. Ultimate Ninja 2 is 4 rounds but the last round is insane as you have 3 Fiend Genshins on the screen at the same time but one parnter has to distract 2 of them while the other parner takes one out. This is a very hard boss and is the 2nd hardest in this game. But to add to this, the lag is what makes this impossible so a amazing connnection is needed.
    Exactly! Anyone thinking about aiming for this plat, read these words of wisdom first. I have this plat and completely agree with omnislash. Easily one of the toughest plats to gain!

You weak azz niggs

(10 characters)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    I am trying so hard to resist just pressing easy for the sake of trolling...

Is this thread really necessary? We all know it's going to be hard or very hard...

Not trying to be a negative nancy, just don't see that it will reveal any amazing information seeing as though it's generally considered one of, if not the hardest games on the PS3.

I agree with this
    Member Since 2009

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Very Hard all because of Ultimate Ninja 1. It is a NIGHTMARE and the guy that was supposed to help me is long gone. The last trophy I got for this game was back in 2010 and this mission is the only thing standing between me and the platinum...

Mr. 70 Plats

EDIT, my bad. Wrong thread

Mr. 70 Plats

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    EDIT, my bad. Wrong thread
    Silly slip up But I can finally say this:

I personally give Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 a 10/10 of overall difficulty. It took me a grand total of 4 years to finally nail this Due to in part of my old PS3 catching YOLD, forcing me to start all the way over in that game after I made progress in it. Then, I didn't even touch the game back in 2010 (I checked my trophies and I noticed that) because I gave up on it; but then that "itch" came back so I picked it up again in 2011, and played it on and off so I could get a feel for it again. Last year was the year I finally decided to grind my way to the for I gave myself this daunting challenge. I didn't want to give up on it, so I chipped away at it until I came to the Master Ninja difficulty of course that mode alone was so f'in cheap!!!! But, it was well worth it. I grind away at the Team Missions until I finally came to my true ultimate challenge: Ultimate Ninja 1. This mission alone separates the men from the boys, the true ninja from the shinobi Months of research of youtube videos, the HORRIBLE ONLINE SERVERS and reading up on "The Secret Arts" online, and still no progress, then I came across a few people who we're experts in UN1: BengalTigerSigma who completed this mission alone over 160 time! , then, I ran across Katala1 who destroyed this mission over 360 times!!! and after about 5 attempts playing with Katala1, I FIANLLY beaten this mission!!! Once that All Missions Complete trophy popped, I couldn't wait no longer to finally nail this legendary , and have it in my collection. I can truthfully say that THIS is my hardest, yet proudest I've ever earned!!! My next challenge:

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition I'm crazy right?