Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wii U Will have a IRC-Esque Chat System

This is a discussion on Wii U Will have a IRC-Esque Chat System within the Nintendo forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; Official Wii U Packaging Reveals Feature Called ‘Wii U Chat’ | My Nintendo News A few interesting, albeit blurry tidbits ...

INTJ

Wii U Will have a IRC-Esque Chat System

Official Wii U Packaging Reveals Feature Called ‘Wii U Chat’ | My Nintendo News

A few interesting, albeit blurry tidbits written on the side of the official Wii U packaging, which was first seen on September 13th, have been deciphered. A feature called ‘Wii U Chat’ will enable Wii U owners to communicate with each other in real time. Through Miiverse, Wii U owners can interact with friends, family and strangers from around the world.

Once zoomed in on the side of the Wii U box, this list can be read underneath the ‘Connect’ header:

Make and share new Mii characters
    Easily interact with friends, family and people around the world with Miiverse
    Download add-on content, full games, classic games and applications from Nintendo eShop (all contents sold separately).
    Communicate with other Wii U owners in real time with Wii U Chat

This can be a good thing (Hey i need help on this boss) and a bad thing (MARIO DIES AT THE END)

Lvl 6 - Silver

Was this suppose to be innovative?

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by AJL_LEYJA View Post
    Does everything have to be innovative? Something can be thought of as a useful feature too.

INTJ

A Chatroom for everyone playing the game and your friends is a good idea, but it's not innovative.

it's similar to Battle.net's chat system or Steam's community (specifically Dota 2's chat system).

Lvl 6 - Silver

if you thought listening to 13 year olds cursing and giggling was bad, wait til you have to listen to 8 year olds calling each other poopy heads.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by nullzero00 View Post
    if you thought listening to 13 year olds cursing and giggling was bad, wait til you have to listen to 8 year olds calling each other poopy heads.
    in text chat.

yeah, sure.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    in text chat.

yeah, sure.
    sorry, the article snippet did not make that clear. Still, if you think that listening to others in a MP game is bad, wait til you try to read their spelling errors and abbreviations and other nonsense. Actually, since it is text-based chat, it sounds worse.

INTJ

sorry, the article snippet did not make that clear. Still, if you think that listening to others in a MP game is bad, wait til you try to read their spelling errors and abbreviations and other nonsense. Actually, since it is text-based chat, it sounds worse.
    it's like reading a internet website dedicated to a video game console

oh

wait

Lvl 6 - Silver

it's like reading a internet website dedicated to a video game console

oh

wait
    yeah, and unlike an internet-based website, people won't have a physical keyboard. They will be texting shorthand while playing a game, which will be just as bad as trying to chat on the PS3's texting system.

Negator

yeah, and unlike an internet-based website, people won't have a physical keyboard. They will be texting shorthand while playing a game, which will be just as bad as trying to chat on the PS3's texting system.
    I use a keyboard for my PS3.

I'd expect Nintendo to use a little common sense and support keyboards as well.

INTJ

try harder

Lvl 8 - Gold

the last thing i want to do while playing a game is sending and recieving text messages.although i have to admit that is a good use of that tablet controller.

PRO Member

This does seem rather useful if you need help with something, but if you just want to casually chat with your friends while playing a game, the cross game chat feature from xbox seems more handy in my opinion

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    I use a keyboard for my PS3.

I'd expect Nintendo to use a little common sense and support keyboards as well.
    you're one of the rare ones. most people use the controller.

Lvl 6 - Silver

try harder
    once again - when you are playing a game, and you are trying to get step-by-step instructions on how to beat a boss or get through a portion of the game, it will become more annoying that useful unless the answer is a simple "use the silver arrows" or something similar. Constantly pausing and unpausing to answer chatting sucks, and even more so if you need that gamepad screen to play the game because you will be constantly switching between the keyboard (and like i said, not a "physical" keyboard) and the game screen.

Negator

you're one of the rare ones. most people use the controller.
    At this point, there's no excuse to not have a keyboard for your console, even if it's a cheap $10 USB keyboard.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    At this point, there's no excuse to not have a keyboard for your console, even if it's a cheap $10 USB keyboard.
    How about the excuse that I rarely chat with people online? I just don't see the need for it.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I dont use a keyboard since i dont talk that often to people and it would be more annoying to keep swapping my PC keyboard over even though its next to me and i use voicechat more than text in games

Negator

How about the excuse that I rarely chat with people online? I just don't see the need for it.
    I suppose I just have more to say to people.

INTJ

but

your doing that right now

and according to your post history you have been posting for the past 5+ days. that isn't rare.
    Last edited by Ps360; 09-23-2012 at 04:00 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast