Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wii U Will Be Region-Locked

This is a discussion on Wii U Will Be Region-Locked within the Nintendo forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; I preordered one for release day, and this doesn't really bother me. As has already been posted, if I want ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I preordered one for release day, and this doesn't really bother me. As has already been posted, if I want to buy japanese games, I'll get a japanese console. They always come out in nicer colors anyway.

I'm not really surprised Nintendo did this actually. As a company, Nintendo is still very Japan centric and japanese companies are very slow to change. Sony is a bit of an exception because it has become so multinational and is not originally a "video game company". Their marketing department probably made the decision based on staggering release dates.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    expected from nintendo. they been doing region lock lately with the original wii, 3ds and such.

there really isn't a big list of games from japan to import really anyway since nintendo and friends just re-release it here a few months later.
    Wow, your fanboyism is just ridiculous, it is OK to say that something is a bad move (it doesn't mean you hate the system or company). Making it region locked is a stupid move in this day and age and they only get away with it because their fans are as bad as Apple fanboys and will take everything they do girlish glee.

Here are just a few examples of localization problems (and note Last Story and Xenoblade only getting released right at the end because they needed something to help their failing sales)

Last Story-
    Japanese release date: January 2011.
    North American Release Date-August 2012

Xenoblade Chronicles-
    Japanese Release Date: June 2010.
    North American Release Date-April 2012
    Legendary Starfy-
    Japanese Release Date 2002.
    North American Release Date -2009

Elite Beat Agent
    -Japanese Release Date Nov. 2006.
    North American Release Date-July 2007

Monster Hunter Tri
    Japanese Release Date-August 2009
    North American Release Date-April 2010

Mother 3-
    Japanese Release Date April 2006.
    North American Release Date...Not released ever

And this doesn't even bring into account someone like my sister-in-law. She is Taiwanese and before moving to Canada she had a Japanese Wii. Now that she is here, they cannot buy any games to play on their system (unless they import them) so they ended up just modifying it because they had no choice. This means that Nintendo is now losing money because they are the people that would legitimately buy games if they could but cannot due to a stupid error by Nintendo.

So once again you can like a company if you want, just stop being such a butt hurt fanboy. It hurts your credibility when you try to post real news and it makes your trolling so much more apparent.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

PRO Member

I ended up giving away my jap wii the region lock was annoy i still own many different regions games 4 wii and its cost was so expensive in compare to ps3 and xbox360 never again nintendo

PS420

That would actually suck for me as well because I import some games from Japan and I wouldn't be able to afford two PS3s if they were region locked.

This would be just another reason why I wouldn't buy this system. (not hating on it though)

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 6 - Silver

I don't import games, so this has no impact on my purchasing of the console.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Last Story-
    Japanese release date: January 2011.
    North American Release Date-August 2012

Xenoblade Chronicles-
    Japanese Release Date: June 2010.
    North American Release Date-April 2012

Legendary Starfy-
    Japanese Release Date 2002.
    North American Release Date -2009

Elite Beat Agent
    -Japanese Release Date Nov. 2006.
    North American Release Date-July 2007

Monster Hunter Tri
    Japanese Release Date-August 2009
    North American Release Date-April 2010

Mother 3-
    Japanese Release Date April 2006.
    North American Release Date...Not released ever

So me Saying "the games will be released in a few months after japan" is correct then. who woulda thought?

the legendary starfry actually came out in 2008 in japan, no idea how you got 2002 in there

Elite beat agents is a completely diffrent game from it's japan counterpart except for the core gameplay.

No one really cares anymore about those since they are now on american consoles.

And mother 3 is on a region-free console.

So once again you can like a company if you want, just stop being such a butt hurt fanboy. It hurts your credibility when you try to post real news and it makes your trolling so much more apparent.

I'm not the one being butthurt here.

"Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you."

Retired

So me Saying "the games will be released in a few months after japan" is correct then. who woulda thought?

the legendary starfry actually came out in 2008 in japan, no idea how you got 2002 in there

Elite beat agents is a completely diffrent game from it's japan counterpart except for the core gameplay.

No one really cares anymore about those since they are now on american consoles.

And mother 3 is on a region-free console.

I'm not the one being butthurt here.

• JP July 10, 2008
    • NA June 8, 2009

Yes you're butt hurt, you never ever admit if Nintendo does a mistake, but when any other company does it, 'they will go out of business'.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    Yes you're butt hurt, you never ever admit if Nintendo does a mistake, but when any other company does it, 'they will go out of business'.
    did i ever say nintendo did the right move in this entire thread ever.

stay mad

"Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you."

Retired

did i ever say nintendo did the right move in this entire thread ever.

stay mad
    I didn't say you said that it was the right move, I just said you never admit if Nintendo makes a mistake.
    When Nintendo does this:
    there really isn't a big list of games from japan to import really anyway since nintendo and friends just re-release it here a few months later.
    if Sony does this
    just another reason sony will run out of business.
    I'll just stop wasting my time with you, you're the biggest blind fanboy ever, no matter what, 'nintendo rules'.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    When Nintendo does this:

if Sony does this

the good ol fashioned strawmen. how to mis-represent my argument to make yours look better 101.

PRO Member

PS360 u should change ur id to nintendo xD or whatever

PRO Member

doesn't really affect my fiancee or I very much, as we have an imported console preordered from a friend's store in Tokyo, still not too thrilled over the accomplishments system, so I'll probably pass on a domestic console... 1 console with virtual rewards, to distract me from actually playing the game for the sole fact that it's a game and supposed to be fun to play, is honestly 1 console more than I need to have such features. Still hoping for a way to shut off accomplishments, as soon as I hear that I'll probably be on my way to pick up a domestic Wii U, whatever the pricepoint is at the time...

Awesome sig by
    Kid420247! Thank you so much!!!

Many thanks to RaveNScythe18
    for the awesome platcard!!!

My Trophy List
    : Click Here

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Doesn't really matter, people are going to find a way to mod their Wii U.
    <3 Girls Generation/SNSD!!!

INTJ

just a question

is the wii u going to follow blu-ray type region lock or a custom region lock.

because if it's blu-ray region lock america has nothing to worry about involving japan copies (thus make a american/japan wii u VERY valuable.)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Well anoth post to right usless stuff like you did mine cheers punk Grammar police for life!! you suc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12