Sony: Wii U is "Very interesting"

This is a discussion on Sony: Wii U is "Very interesting" within the Nintendo forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; Sony: "Wii U is a very interesting product" Over the past year, Sony hasn’t had many good things to say ...

INTJ

Sony: Wii U is "Very interesting"

Sony: "Wii U is a very interesting product"

Over the past year, Sony hasn’t had many good things to say about Nintendo or the Wii U. And we weren’t expecting them to, either, as the two companies have been arch rivals ever since the PlayStation vs. Nintendo 64 days. Recently, Sony has been saying that its PlayStation 3 + PS Vita combination could do what the Wii U does. Which is a silly statement, no matter how you cut it.

But now Sony has a few good things to say about Nintendo and its Wii U. Sony UK’s Fergal Gara told Eurogamer that Sony “respects Nintendo as a highly successful competitor”, adding:

“Of course we will watch what they’re doing with interest. It’s [Wii U is] a very interesting product they’re bringing to market”
    Gara also said that he doesn’t expect the Wii U to sell a lot this year beyond the early adopters. But if the Wii U gains traction next year, he says, then “it becomes a more important factor in the mix”.

We certainly didn’t expect someone from Sony to say anything like this. Not everyone at Sony is impressed by the Wii U, though. Sony’s Vice President Scott Rohde said back in June that the PlayStation Vita was better than the Wii U, referring to it as a “box that sits under the TV”.

See guys? even sony likes it!

Angel of Death

No surprise to me. I bet they played the NES and SNES, etc. before they made Playstation, otherwise they probably wouldn't have cared about video games. I'm glad they are not bashing it. >_>

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    No surprise to me. I bet they played the NES and SNES, etc. before they made Playstation, otherwise they probably wouldn't have cared about video games. I'm glad they are not bashing it. >_>
    Some fans could learn something from the company they admire so much.

PRO Member

Of course Sony played the SNES before the PS1, they were contracted by nintendo afterall to bring out a cd rom based peripheral that attached to the SNES much the same way the SEGA CD attached to the Genesis. After Nintendo broke contract with SONY and went with Phillips (whom also got their contract broken by Nintendo and subsequently came out with the CDi as a form of retaliation (which is the only non-Nintendo system to boast a Zelda title, and not just 1 but 3)) President Ohga of Sony demanded that the dev team which was working on the "Nintendo CD" to continue development for a Sony exclusive product... and the rest is PS gaming history

PlayStation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for the sake of a quick reference

Awesome sig by
    Kid420247! Thank you so much!!!

Many thanks to RaveNScythe18
    for the awesome platcard!!!

My Trophy List
    : Click Here

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Because understanding of words if a very hard concept for some people:

interest =/= like

To give an example, I am interested in the conflicts afflicting the Middle-East because of it's ability to affect my gas prices. It does not mean that I like the conflicts in the Middle-East. Being interested in something doesn't necessarily mean that you like it, and anybody with an elementary concept of the English language would be able to differentiate the depending on the context (such as a rival company commenting on another rival company's new product and it's affect on their sales) doesn't hold the same ground as if somebody were to say, "Of course I am interested in Jessica, she's gorgeous."

I am sure that everybody in the gaming industry is interested in the Wii U and it's residual affects on the gaming landscape, that doesn't mean that they are all out to copy the machine, or it's system. It means they want to see how well it does. But hey, let's take one word, spin it out of context, and make an assumption; and you know what they say about people who assume...

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

lol of course, how could you forget the original playstation design that was meant to also play nintendo's cartridges