Rumor: Nintendo planning a Physical cartridge to digital download service

This is a discussion on Rumor: Nintendo planning a Physical cartridge to digital download service within the Nintendo forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; Nintendo 3DS Physical Game Cards’ Data Transferable To Downloadable Versions Early Next Year? | My Nintendo News Apparently, beginning next ...

INTJ

Rumor: Nintendo planning a Physical cartridge to digital download service

Nintendo 3DS Physical Game Cards’ Data Transferable To Downloadable Versions Early Next Year? | My Nintendo News

Apparently, beginning next year’s spring, Nintendo 3DS users will be able to convert their physical games’ data to downloadable versions that will then be transferred to their systems’ SD cards. For example, if you own a physical game card of Mario Kart 7, you can transfer all its data onto your Nintendo 3DS, which means you’ll no longer have to carry the game’s cartridge along with your handheld. Would you do this with any of your physical Nintendo 3DS games?

.. Solar Fields ..

It cannot be that simple? Lets copy all my 3DS games on to multiple SD cards and share them with my friends so they don't have to buy the games?