Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should I trade-in my 3ds since I play vita more?

This is a discussion on Should I trade-in my 3ds since I play vita more? within the Nintendo forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; So I have both the 3ds and vita but every since LBP came out, the 3ds has been sitting there ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Should I trade-in my 3ds since I play vita more?

So I have both the 3ds and vita but every since LBP came out, the 3ds has been sitting there and doing almost nothing. The only reason I got a 3ds was because of Mario and Pokemon. But now I almost never play it and I only played Mario because it was classic but LBP kind of took over the Super Mario series. Any suggestions or should I just keep both.

♚ Overlord ♔

I would NEVER trade-in anything its better to have just in case a good game comes out. You can wait for it to be a collectible so you can sell it for big bucks so just keep it in good condition and clean it once in a while. If you end up trading it in to gamestop for example be prepare to get offers like 10 cents and a pack of gum. Not worth it in my opinion.

INTJ

answer : no

once LBP gets boring you will regret it.

Change is good

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    answer : no

once LBP gets boring you will regret it.
    ^

I wouldn't sell it unless I actually despise it, because you never know when you might want to play a game again and it isn't available to you.

Up the Irons!

I wouldn't just because maybe in the future a game will be released that I really want to play.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

PRO Member

Just keep it!! But if you have no need for it and you dont want it around or whatever sell it on ebay or whoever never trade in.

I'm back...kinda

Better off selling it than trading it to gamestop like others have said.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    ^

I wouldn't sell it unless I actually despise it, because you never know when you might want to play a game again and it isn't available to you.
    also animal crossing will wipe the floor

i have too much hype for it

Lvl 8 - Gold

my 3 yr old son loves playing on my 3ds,best investment i have ever made,i can play a real game on the vita for a hour straight without interuptions from him.

Since Aug. 09

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    my 3 yr old son loves playing on my 3ds,best investment i have ever made,i can play a real game on the vita for a hour straight without interuptions from him.
    lmao same thing with my 6 year old, if your older than 13...sell it, youve done grown out of it.

Dominate!

Fight the Future

Personally, I wouldn't sell it because you'll get no where near the price you paid for it, so you might as well keep it and if a game you want comes out you'll thank yourself for not selling it.

Angel of Death

I guarantee you will regret it. I regret trading in my Wii. The 3DS has a lot of great games, and you will be playing it more through out next year probably, but that's just my opinion.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ace-murderer234 View Post
    I would NEVER trade-in anything its better to have just in case a good game comes out. You can wait for it to be a collectible so you can sell it for big bucks so just keep it in good condition and clean it once in a while. If you end up trading it in to gamestop for example be prepare to get offers like 10 cents and a pack of gum. Not worth it in my opinion.
    it's safe to say it will never be a collectible. They make too many of them, and there is no reason that it would increase in value over time.

and you shouldn't trade anything in to gamestop. If you still have the box and everything, and it's in good condition, trade it in on Amazon. You'll probably get a lot more for it too. Or go the Craigslist route. It's easier to package it with the games, especially with christmas around the corner. Someone will gladly give you a decent price so they could give it to their kid.

Indie Game Developer

I mean, if you can get a good price for the 3DS, I'd say go for it. I haven't touched any other handheld since I got the vita, and I can still play pokemon on my old DS lite. If you really like pokemon though, it might be worth keeping for the inevitable 3DS only Pokemon game. Once there is a pokemon for 3DS only, I'll finally get one. There are so many vita games that I want that I'll probably never need a 3DS for anything other than pokemon though.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Synthwave <3

I'd sell it if I were you so you can use the money to get more Vita games. I wouldn't trade it in though as you probably won't get much for it. Amazon and Ebay are always great choices. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

Kid, not loser

Get rid of it. You have everything coming out now that most would want. Ragnarok Odyssey for the MH fans and any RPG fans. COD for FPS fans. Silent Hill for dungeon crawler and sort of horror fans. AC3L for just its awesomeness, and then PS All Stars for both your Vita and PS3. And many more.

Your 3DS will just be sitting there for awhile now. Sell now while it's at its highest price you can get it for. Putting your money into 1 system is the best way to get all you want out of a system. 1 or 2 games that may come out that you want shouldn't dignify you keeping it if you know it's just gonna sit there.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Closing this account

Look into international buyers for it. Selling/Trading in your home country would be kinda silly in a way. Foreign makert for certain regional systems are a hot item. Seriously though bro, asking a Nintendo question on a site that is basically Sony, there's going to be a lot of bias and just plan idiotic reasons.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk View Post
    Look into international buyers for it. Selling/Trading in your home country would be kinda silly in a way. Foreign makert for certain regional systems are a hot item. Seriously though bro, asking a Nintendo question on a site that is basically Sony, there's going to be a lot of bias and just plan idiotic reasons.
    the only problem with going international is that the extra money you make from the sale will probably get eaten up by the shipping cost.

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by nullzero00 View Post
    the only problem with going international is that the extra money you make from the sale will probably get eaten up by the shipping cost.
    True but it also depends on who and how you send it. If he is selling the console by it self then it is a unprofitable situation for him. Adding up to 6 games to stir more of an interest would be a better solution. If he was to make a Rakuten or Ebay account due to the high volume of traffic that is brought upon Japan, China, South Korea...etc he can come away with a small profit that ranges from 2% to 5%. If he looks at how the currencies are trading and that will really help him gain more.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk View Post
    True but it also depends on who and how you send it. If he is selling the console by it self then it is a unprofitable situation for him. Adding up to 6 games to stir more of an interest would be a better solution. If he was to make a Rakuten or Ebay account due to the high volume of traffic that is brought upon Japan, China, South Korea...etc he can come away with a small profit that ranges from 2% to 5%. If he looks at how the currencies are trading and that will really help him gain more.
    Ebay used to be a good way to go, but it is a lot worse now. The percentages of fees that they take out really start to nickel and dime you down, from the closing cost, paypal fee, listing upgrades, etc.

If you could get cash-in-hand from a local craigslist sale, that is definitely easier than going thru the ebay hassle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast