Nintendo's Restructure Plan for 2013

This is a discussion on Nintendo's Restructure Plan for 2013 within the Nintendo forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; Satoru Iwata: Nintendo 2013 R&D Preview [Large Scale Restructure, New Miyamoto Team] - NeoGAF Satoru Iwata has big plans for ...

INTJ

Nintendo's Restructure Plan for 2013

Satoru Iwata: Nintendo 2013 R&D Preview [Large Scale Restructure, New Miyamoto Team] - NeoGAF

Satoru Iwata has big plans for Nintendo Company Limited in 2013. Iwata, who architectured the big restructure of 2002 where he dissolved the legendary Nintendo R&D1 and Nintendo R&D2 to strengthen Nintendo EAD and also create Nintendo SPD. Iwata has long admitted several deficits in the company he wanted to address, including expanding the network team of Nintendo, and initiating another huge rehaul of the software development division.

By December 2012, Iwata hopes to put place a new mysterious restructure of R&D which revolves around a new Kyoto R&D building hoping to exlusively house over 1200 developers. Previously, Nintendo has its R&D split between its main Central Building and its old Kyoto Research Institute Building. It is very unclear how the third R&D building will change the dynamic in Kyoto, but Iwata has mentioned wanting to support expansion as well as efficiency.

Additionally, Nintendo has continued to expand R&D operations in its Tokyo sector. Tokyo being the largest city of Japan by far, has created a window where several veteran developers from Square, SEGA, Koei, Epoch, and Konami can easily transition to join the EAD Tokyo development section.

But alongside all the expansion in Kyoto and Tokyo, comes the biggest news that Shigeru Miyamoto is expected to leave the EAD Division most likely by December 2012. Miyamoto has expressed concern that his presence is over shining all the new producers and directors creating content in the EAD Division (the largest of two gaming divisions at Nintendo). Miyamoto has vocalized his intent of stepping aside as General Manager of EAD to perhaps to create a third development sector where he would work with younger developers and focus on smaller resource, and faster to develop games.

2013 Expected Iwata Changes
    + Major shift in Kyoto development sources involving 3 R&D buildings
    + Shigeru Miyamoto stepping down as EAD General Manager
    + Takash Tezuka becoming new EAD General Manager
    + New Groups / New Producers announced for EAD Kyoto / SPD Kyoto
    + EAD Tokyo Expansion / Masahiro Sakurai Possibly Joining EAD Tokyo
    + New Division lead by Miyamoto with younger staff focused on smaller scale games
    + Miyamoto's Departure Inspiring New IPs for the EAD Kyoto Division

sakurai joining EAD tokyo hoyl fuk

illegal in 9 countries

Three words Nintendo - big boy games.

That is all.

.. Solar Fields ..

Ps360 thanks for keeping me updated with all things Nintendo. I might join the official Nintendo forum and bombard it with Sony Playstation news.

Felix the Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Ps360 thanks for keeping me updated with all things Nintendo. I might join the official Nintendo forum and bombard it with Sony Playstation news.
    If the official Nintendo site has a section for Sony, I see no reason why that would be a bad idea. I doubt an official site would have a section dedicated section for their competitor though. This isn't an official Sony forum if you were in some way insinuating that, and a lot of us here are multiplatform owners so Nintendo news is very welcome.
    Classic Game Room: 16-bit, 100% Awesome

Thank you Fox for the awesome signature!
    PSN: James_Page | XBL: Mopar Parker | Steam: Pagey the Wind Squid | NN: 1stGenCummins

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post
    If the official Nintendo site has a section for Sony, I see no reason why that would be a bad idea. I doubt an official site would have a section dedicated section for their competitor though. This isn't an official Sony forum if you were in some way insinuating that, and a lot of us here are multiplatform owners so Nintendo news is very welcome.
    Very well said. I don't see whats wrong with posting Nintendo related news in the Nintendo thread...
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!