Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nintendos hidden attempt to troll WiiU buyers

This is a discussion on Nintendos hidden attempt to troll WiiU buyers within the Nintendo forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; Not sure why this would be set as the default if nothing more than to troll those who don't know ...

Platmate Editor in Chief

Nintendos hidden attempt to troll WiiU buyers

Not sure why this would be set as the default if nothing more than to troll those who don't know about it...I wonder if a big troll face is left on the screen after it shuts off for when you come back

Be careful when you pause a Wii U game - it just might cost you.

Nintendo's new system features an 'automatic shutoff' feature, which turns off the system "if there has been no input for a set period of time," according to the system's manual. Here's the catch - a lack of input is still counted when a game is running and paused. We know - we had the system shut off on us when we left the system alone and came back after 90 minutes. System - off. Game progress - lost. By default, this option is activated, and appears to be set to activate after an hour, as we painfully learned.

All is not lost, however. This is able to be adjusted within the system options. You can turn the feature off entirely, or simply adjust the range of 'idle time' the system needs to register. All in all it's not a big deal - unless you don't know it exists. Then you might find yourself replaying a significant portion of a game, as we just did.
    Source: Wii U's Scary Automatic Shutoff Feature - IGN

CMN
    PS4 - Christmas 2014

lol.

i wonder what..he will say.

Sig and Avatar from one of the Elite, Dare
    WWE Favorite TEN (Active Performers, Updated Every Week) - Bad News Barrett, Bray Wyatt, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Bo Dallas, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Sami Zayn, Luke Harper, Cesaro

Currently Playing/Working On: Call of Duty Ghosts (Xbox One/360), NBA 2K14 (Xbox One), Killzone 2 (PS3), Remember Me (PS3), WWE 2K14 (PS3)

DON'T BLINK

Uhhh... the PS3 has the same feature.

( thanks djunglist for this awesome GDT sig)

Harvester of Souls

Lol. Well damn. Not surprised there. ^___^.That's pretty funny though, should of went with a ps3 . or least a 360. And they'd still have that progress. Then agian, what games don't autosave or something and if paused for that long, clearly they didn't make too much progress

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Platmate Editor in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    Uhhh... the PS3 has the same feature.
    The PS3 has a power save feature as well, but you have to turn it on, its not set to 1 hour as default when you buy it....

Kiwi Defender

And no single fuck was given this day. Seriously, the forum is plagued with anti-Sony threads full of anti-Nintendo/Micrsoft posts already, yet you come here and post this Davey ?

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

I think its probably a feature of any modern day piece of electronic's is an auto shut off feature of some kind I mean come on ... lol can't believe this made an article in IGN

Wii U's Scary Automatic Shutoff Feature - IGN

Cipher sent us to hell

How can Nintendo do such a thing?! I call for a boycott of ALL Nintendo products effective immediately! This is a heinous and underhanded feature indeed.
    PS3/Vita/PS4: x13ucketHeaDx | X360: x13ucketHeaDx | Steam: x13ucketHeaDx

"Kaz... I'm already a demon."

Change is good

If you're going to be gone for more than an hour, why not just save and shut off the system yourself? Why leave it on?

Platmate Editor in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilsminion View Post
    I think its probably a feature of any modern day piece of electronic's is an auto shut off feature of some kind I mean come on ... lol can't believe this made an article in IGN

Wii U's Scary Automatic Shutoff Feature - IGN
    maybe you arent reading clearly...the article isnt meant to talk about an Auto Shutoff, its to let you know that the Auto Shut off is already turned on when you first set it up...so you arent playinf for 3-4 hours, forget to save, then pause your game and run an errand and it shuts off while you are gone...

Also the PS3 auto shutoff doesn't shut the PS3 off if the game is paused in game

News Team

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeNasty View Post
    lol.

i wonder what..she will say.
    Assuming you're talking about Ps360, probably just state that it can be turned off at any time.

Though it shouldn't be a default setting. It could have a pop-up when you first turn on the system asking if you want to activate the feature.

Toggle Spoiler

INTJ

wow something the xbox and ps3 already had for a long time and can be easily turned off.

the Xbox 360 has it automatically on too:
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-3...f-unexpectedly

shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    Also the PS3 auto shutoff doesn't shut the PS3 off if the game is paused in game
    http://manuals.playstation.net/docum...powersave.html

hey look your wrong again.

You can set the amount of time until the system turns off for [Video/TV/Music/Photo] and for [Game/Other Features].

The system will not turn off automatically when background download is being performed. When the download is complete, the system will turn off automatically.

just a case of Journalist sensationalism and Sony Fans trying to find one credible reason to hate the wii u but failing.

Change is good

Quote Originally Posted by vettes_4-ever View Post
    Assuming you're talking about Ps360, probably just state that it can be turned off at any time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    wow something the xbox and ps3 already had for a long time and can be easily turned off.

shocker.

Platmate Editor in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

PS3™ | Power Save Settings

hey look your wrong again.
    Explain to me what I'm wrong about, if you are in game and the game is paused the PS3 WON'T shut off with the auto shut off. It also won't shut off with the Auto shut off when you are in Netflix or Youtube.

You have to manually check the box to have your PS3 shut off even if you are in game, even if you enable the auto save

so lets review....from the factory

Nintendo: Auto shut off enabled, even during games for one hour
    PS3: Nothing set as default....Auto Shut Off is available.....Optional expanded Auto Shutoff must be selected to have auto shutoff include while the PS3 is playing a game..

maybe that will make things more clear for you

Kid, not loser

So if I go take dump, it's gonna shut off on me? Well, as long as there is a setting to turn it off. That way I can take my time in the bathroom

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

News Team

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    So if I go take dump, it's gonna shut off on me? Well, as long as there is a setting to turn it off. That way I can take my time in the bathroom
    1 hour dump, you should get that checked.

Toggle Spoiler

Kid, not loser

Lol, I'm just messing. But you know, sometimes you gotta take your time doing other things as well. I've left my PS3 on when I go pick up some food or something.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Chances are if you're taking a shit that lasts more than an hour...you're doing something else. Probably exploring that one aspect of your body that hardly sees the light of day.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

PRO Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    Lol, I'm just messing. But you know, sometimes you gotta take your time doing other things as well. I've left my PS3 on when I go pick up some food or something.
    Yes and if you need to fuck or something

check my awesome plat list if you dare: CLICK ME!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    If you're going to be gone for more than an hour, why not just save and shut off the system yourself? Why leave it on?
    Agreed, I don't think I have ever left my system idle for any longer than 20 minutes.

DS brings up a good point...I wonder what they were doing for 90 minutes that they just had to keep the system running

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast