Today is the 10th Anniversary of Metroid Prime, The 2nd Best FPS of all time

This is a discussion on Today is the 10th Anniversary of Metroid Prime, The 2nd Best FPS of all time within the Nintendo forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; Funny how Metroid Prime's 10th Anniversary is the day of the Wii U Launch. Wikipedia celebrated it too by making ...

INTJ

Today is the 10th Anniversary of Metroid Prime, The 2nd Best FPS of all time

Funny how Metroid Prime's 10th Anniversary is the day of the Wii U Launch.

Wikipedia celebrated it too by making metroid prime todays article.

Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reggie also talked about it to people waiting in line for the Wii U:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-pN7157gyQ

This game has the best level design, some of the best music, amazing gameplay, and so much more.

This game is one of the best video games ever created. it deserves everything it was praised for and continues to be amazing.

There is almost literally no way to hate this game unless you don't like FPS games in general or are a CoD Kiddie. It's seriously one of the best games of all time.

*insert Latin phrase*

What's the first, pray tell?

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel! Vote on my Playstation Grandmasterpiece HERE!

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalman123 View Post
    What's the first, pray tell?
    half life obviously, the game that revolutionized storytelling in FPS while packing quake-esque gameplay.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

Funny how Metroid Prime's 10th Anniversary is the day of the Wii U Launch.

Wikipedia celebrated it too by making metroid prime todays article.

Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reggie also talked about it to people waiting in line for the Wii U:
    Reggie Fils-Aime Visits the Wii U Line (better quality) - YouTube

This game has the best level design, some of the best music, amazing gameplay, and so much more.

This game is one of the best video games ever created. it deserves everything it was praised for and continues to be amazing.

There is almost literally no way to hate this game unless you don't like FPS games in general or are a CoD Kiddie.
    Metroid Prime is an amazing game, and I love it to pieces. But I don't think it deserves to be called 2nd best FPS. Too much back tracking really made the game feel tedious at times.

Then again, I wouldn't know what to put as the 2nd best FPS... Deus Ex? Halo (CE)... I dunno.

Half-Life deffo deserves first place though.

half life obviously, the game that revolutionized storytelling in FPS while packing quake-esque gameplay.

Resident PHD

Metroid Prime was good, but 2nd best, hardly. It isn't even the best in the Prime series (Metroid Prime 3 was a much better game).

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    Metroid Prime is an amazing game, and I love it to pieces. But I don't think it deserves to be called 2nd best FPS. Too much back tracking really made the game feel tedious at times.
    Metroid always had backtracking in the game

Lvl 8 - Gold

Metroid always had backtracking in the game
    Not really what my point was, I was saying that it made the game feel tedious, some parts anyway.
    It was still an amazing game non the less

An old-fashioned cowboy

It's been awhile since I played this game, I should dust off the old Gamecube and play it today just for old times sake. Definitely my favorite game in the Metroid series.

Also my respect for Reggie has gone up for just acknowledging the existence of Metroid.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Not really what my point was, I was saying that it made the game feel tedious, some parts anyway.
    It was still an amazing game non the less
    Im just wondering what Metriod game does not have backtracking? I played them all except Other M and I cant think of any that didnt have backtracking.

Anyways Metriod Prime is easy one of my favorite FPS games of all time, its the FPS title that made me really enjoy the genre. Number 2 seems like a good spot for it while Dues Ex takes spot 1 for me.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by System H View Post
    Im just wondering what Metriod game does not have backtracking? I played them all except Other M and I cant think of any that didnt have backtracking.
    I'm just wondering why people are suggesting I said or made out that Prime was the first Metroid game to include backtracking as a mechanic?

Lvl 6 - Silver

I'm just wondering why people are suggesting I said or made out that Prime was the first Metroid game to include backtracking as a mechanic?
    I was refering to your second post when you posted that Metriod games have not always had backtracking. You said " Not really" as to suggest that other Metriod games do not have backtracking. Thats why I asked which ones do not have it.

Lvl 8 - Gold

I was refering to your second post when you posted that Metriod games have not always had backtracking. You said " Not really" as to suggest that other Metriod games do not have backtracking. Thats why I asked which ones do not have it.
    Full sentence was "Not really what my point was". as in no comma between "Not really" and "What my point was".

Resident PHD

Metroid Pinball, I win

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE