Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ZombiU Reviews (Not looking good)

This is a discussion on ZombiU Reviews (Not looking good) within the Nintendo forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; Well, one of the WiiU's most intriguing games looks to be a flop. It's a shame because the previews made ...

Fight the Future

ZombiU Reviews (Not looking good)

Well, one of the WiiU's most intriguing games looks to be a flop. It's a shame because the previews made the game look very good but it looks like the final game just isn't up to par.

IGN- 6.3/10

ZombiU Review - IGN

Gamespot - 4.5/10

ZombiU Review - GameSpot.com

Eurogamer - 9/10

ZombiU review • Reviews • Wii U • Eurogamer.net

Gamesradar - 3/5

ZombiU Review | GamesRadar

GameInformer - 5/10

A Bad Start For New Wii U IP - ZombiU - Wii U - www.GameInformer.com

VentureBeat - 8.8

http://venturebeat.com/2012/11/18/zombiu-review/

Everyeye (italian site) - 8.5

http://www.everyeye.it/wiiu/articoli...censione_18259

Vandal Online - 8.3

http://www.vandal.net/analisis/wiiu/zombiu/16168

Multiplayer.it - 8.0

http://multiplayer.it/recensioni/111...di-londra.html

Metacritic - 73/100 based on 7 critics and 7.0/10 based on 54 user reviews.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/zombiu
    Last edited by Parker; 11-20-2012 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Updated with more reviews

Lvl 5 - Silver

I guess Nintendo couldn't afford to pay them all of to write good reviews

Resident PHD

Do you think that matters. Every kinect game (besides dance central) got horrible reviews, but it sold well still. The kind of people who buy a WiiU aren't really the kind that actually checks reviews first (they just get whatever their kids tell them to)

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Do you think that matters. Every kinect game (besides dance central) got horrible reviews, but it sold well still. The kind of people who buy a WiiU aren't really the kind that actually checks reviews first (they just get whatever their kids tell them to)
    It matters to me. I'm not dropping my dough on the WiiU now it's one and only core gamer launch title is a pile of crap.

I got suckered into buying a Wii. Can't fool me twice.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    It matters to me. I'm not dropping my dough on the WiiU now it's one and only core gamer launch title is a pile of crap.

I got suckered into buying a Wii. Can't fool me twice.
    Edit to my original post. It doesn't matter unless you are an awesome gamer from Australia

Seriously though, the same thing happened with Red Steel. I remember hearing about how awesome this game was going to be then when I rented it (thank goodness I rented it) and it turned out to be a pile of crap.

The WiiU will be great for Mario and Zelda but that is all I would trust. I saw a guy walking out of EB today with a WiiU and AC3 and I actually started laughing out loud.

PRO Member

Wow that's quite a shame. I thought this was going to be the WiiU's game to attract a more mature audience, but I guess it's just not time for that yet

Sig by Bladia

illegal in 9 countries

The WiiU will be great for Mario and Zelda but that is all I would trust. I saw a guy walking out of EB today with a WiiU and AC3 and I actually started laughing out loud.
    All this talk about pulling in the core crowd has turned out be piss in the wind. This and the lack of a system-wide cheevo system are a kick in the nuts. I now have zero reason to even consider buying a WiiU this year.

Congratulations Nintendo on creating the Wii HD. I look forward to your half-dozen decent first-party titles this generation and your inevitable price drop in 6 months time.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post
    Well, one of the WiiU's most intriguing games looks to be a flop. It's a shame because the previews made the game look very good but it looks like the final game just isn't up to par. IGN- 6.3/10 ZombiU Review - IGN Gamespot - 4.5/10 ZombiU Review - GameSpot.com Eurogamer - 9/10 ZombiU review • Reviews • Wii U • Eurogamer.net Gamesradar - 3/5 ZombiU Review | GamesRadar GameInformer - 5/10 A Bad Start For New Wii U IP - ZombiU - Wii U - www.GameInformer.com Metacritic - 73/100 based on 7 critics and 7.0/10 based on 54 user reviews. ZombiU for Wii U Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More - Metacritic
    In short words: it was an overrated piece of shit

Lvl 10 - Platinum

check out the rest of the reviews for the launch lineup, not looking so good with the exception of the new mario game, which is pretty much guaranteed to be well reviewed because everyone loves mario, this will be another wii, horrible games, but people will buy it because soccer moms dont know what else to get, i think actual gamers will be wary of getting this after the wii didnt have many great titles, if more than a few games that im actually interested in come out i might think about getting this, but i wont hold my breath

Rangers F.C

Such a shame this was the one game that looked great and made me want a Wii U but I don't really take much notice of company reviews any more will wait to get a few gamer reviews before I make any decision .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Korean Girl Group Groupie

I've been watching a lot of live streams today, and clicking on a few blogs and it seems that like ant had put it, that Nintendo is playing the same stunt over again that they did with the Wii. The network is a mess, with minor updates popping up mid-game for people that take anywhere from 2-10 minutes (I've actually seen one on a live stream happen) and an OS that appears to be sluggish and lacking in features that have become standard in the other consoles for years.

ZombiU really seems to suffer from pacing issues and although being a novel concept has some bugs with collision, and minor graphic tweaks that can be disconcerting. It also seems that the zombies sometimes magically spawn out of nowhere with no reason or actual entrance way for them to be there. The whole backpack function really sucks a lot out of the game, and is impractical in it's usage (at least in a gaming sense).

The sad thing is there isn't all that much more interesting things coming out for Nintendo in the coming months besides Lego: City and Pikmin 3. Any minor hope of me getting one of these soon has been severely put on hold for a while. Until something like another Xenoblade Chronicles comes out, I am just fine with not having one of these in my possession.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Resident PHD

And now we just need PS360 coming along saying "but but but you shouldn't listen to reviews...unless those reviews are positive, then listen to them "

And now we just need PS360 coming along saying "but but but you shouldn't listen to reviews...unless those reviews are positive, then listen to them "
    He's too busy downloading 4 hours of updates for things that were advertised coming with the system.

Its plugged into the wall

The problem is that ZombiU was supposed to be a console seller but a 69 MetaCritic score does not indicate that. Really unfortunate... it looked pretty cool.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

The Temple of the King

Getting ZombieU wasn't on my radar anyway, but go figure. Than again, don't judge until you see it, although if the things rubicant says is true....... I am going to be more inclined to repeat and do what my friend once told me a couple months back: "I don't want to get the WiiU, only to be trolled by Nintendo. I'm waiting on it."

Thou who seeketh the King's sword!
    I am the Old King.
    Show me thine strength and the strength of thine souls.
    Prepare thyself, brave knight.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

I'd seen two good reviews for it but even they spent a lot of time saying what was wrong with the game despite slapping good scores on.

Sounds interesting as a concept,as does the tablet to some degree, like most of Nintendo's output, problem is, years on from the Wii's launch, it never really nailed it's concept in any game beyond Wii Sports ( near on every game could easily been played with a regular controller ), now WiiU can't find decent use for it's gimmick.

Seen a handful of games get reviewed as pretty much ' some decent minor WiiU tablet features but the game is not greatly improved by them. '

Sure, maybe a proper Mario/ Zelda / Smash Bros / Mario Kart / Metroid game could implement the tablet perfectly and really show it off, if that's the case though, why not plan to have one of those at launch?

INTJ

As i said earlier, polygon.com is the only one to listen to.

http://www.polygon.com/game/zombiu/2678

Originally starting life as a much different, goofier game, ZombiU is deadly serious, no pun intended. It's bleak and violent and dark. It's not triumphant or slick. It's not about spectacle, and it's not a technological tour de force.

Instead, ZombiU is a slow, methodical, scary experiment. While developer Ubisoft has a spotty history of launch software — especially on Nintendo hardware with games like Red Steel — ZombiU uses the new hardware for a game that pulls from a number of genres to do something great.
    ZombiU won't be for everyone. It's difficult. It's dark. It deftly juggles genre conventions to do the unexpected. And it's exactly the kind of title that gamers have come to expect from new console launches, the kind of game that makes new console launches exciting. ZombiU feels developed outside of blockbuster considerations, but it isn't a cheap, throwaway game. And more importantly, it shows that third parties can make good, unique games on Nintendo's new hardware.

I been playing it alot and it feels like a Retro-Survival Horror like Resident evil thrown into a FPS with a high difficulty while having a RPG-esque leveling up and inventory system. pretty good actually. You have to have some common sense to actually win instead of running in there like a idiot bashing zombies.

the problem is that most modern reviewers/gamers are used to mindless zombie shooting and can't think proper strategy.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    the problem is that most modern reviewers/gamers are used to mindless zombie shooting and can't think proper strategy.
    Whack repeatedly with cricket bat until head explodes seems like a good strategy to me. The game doesn't seem to give you much room to take any other approach.

Huge disappointment.

You Know You Love Me

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    As i said earlier, polygon.com is the only one to listen to.

I been playing it alot and it feels like a Retro-Survival Horror like Resident evil thrown into a FPS with a high difficulty while having a RPG-esque leveling up and inventory system. pretty good actually. You have to have some common sense to actually win instead of running in there like a idiot bashing zombies.

I'm not quite sure what uniquely qualifies polygon as the paragon of game reviewers, but an overwhelming majority of mainstream review sites have all panned the game, and the notion that they're all incompetent is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Whack repeatedly with cricket bat until head explodes seems like a good strategy to me. The game doesn't seem to give you much room to take any other approach.

Huge disappointment.
    Yep Lol. This game doesn't appear to have any strategy. And its main fault is such an obviously fixable problem! Why, Why would you think that having only one melee weapon, a cricket bat no less, would be a good idea...

From the reviews I've seen, an unsurprising trend is emerging: The Wii U's casual, children or family-oriented launch titles seem to be well made and score high, while its hardcore launch titles seem to flop.

ZombiU won't be for everyone.
    Sit on this for a second, and try and think why a system with only one premiere third party exclusive that is available at it's launch might have a bit of an issue with this. ZombiU is a niche game at it's best, but in all actuality, is a poorly thrown together title that in trying to distance itself from the rest of the zombie titles, steps so far back that it's lost an extremely large part of the demographic that it was going for.

Slow, meticulous and video games is not a combination that is going to win over people, especially when the game punishes you as badly as ZombiU does for making a mistake. If you want to go about a more thought-provoking path, there are better ways to do it - and it still doesn't make up for how clunky and slow the interface is, and how much it causes an already slow game to move that much slower.

The game is different, and nobody is going to argue that. It may borrow elements from Dead Island, Metroid Prime, and Dark Souls, but is lacking a lot of the more fun aspect of those games. Different isn't what the WiiU needs at this point. If this resonates with 1 in 10 people who play it, that's not good enough. A game like this should have came and grasped the gamers by the balls and told them - "Hey, look at me - I'm awesome." ZombiU fails at being an accessible title, by trying too hard to isolate itself as being something different.

Go watch some people's streams or the longer game play videos and see for yourself, but the reviews around the board for the most part - got it right.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast