AAA games experiencing technical issues on Wii U =3

This is a discussion on AAA games experiencing technical issues on Wii U =3 within the Nintendo forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; Who would have thought the Wii U would have a disastrous launch? But that was to be expected, considering Nintendo ...

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

AAA games experiencing technical issues on Wii U =3

Who would have thought the Wii U would have a disastrous launch? But that was to be expected, considering Nintendo did not put a lot of thought into the specifications for the Wii U.

Source: ME3 Wii U, NG3:RE, Batman, Epic Mickey 2, WO3, BLOPS2 have technical issues on Wii U - NeoGAF

The games mentioned included ME3 Wii U, NG3:RE, Batman, Epic Mickey 2, WO3, BLOPS2 among others.

Your thoughts? Personally, I am laughing at this. Sure, I am no Nintendo fan but I would have expected them to do better than this. ^o^

Bring on the PS4 (or Orbis)!
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Prayer Warrior

i think we are all in shock that the wii u launch has been so awful. grant it i wasn't expecting that much out of the system to begin with but i by no means thought this would ever happen. i think they got focused on trying to be "next gen" and looked over a lot of important little things that would have made the launch more of a success.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

News Team

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    i think we are all in shock that the wii u launch has been so awful. grant it i wasn't expecting that much out of the system to begin with but i by no means thought this would ever happen. i think they got focused on trying to be "next gen" and looked over a lot of important little things that would have made the launch more of a success.
    Like being able to run current-gen games as well as current-get consoles.
    Like most games on a new system have their flaws, Wii-U seems to be no exception. I'm sure the games with the issues will get a patch, But there will always be that initial moment.

Toggle Spoiler

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by vettes_4-ever View Post
    Like being able to run current-gen games as well as current-get consoles.
    exactly where i was going with that

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    i think they got focused on trying to be "next gen" and looked over a lot of important little things that would have made the launch more of a success.
    Next gen? It's not even this gen!

So far the Wii U has been nothing but a massive disappointment. It had so much potential to bridge the gap between last-gen & next-gen and to steal core gamer marketshare from MS / Sony. Instead, it's proving barely capable of circa 2005 performance with no hardcore gamer support to be found!

Pathetic on-board flash storage (which costs a few cents per chip), a REQUIREMENT to buy third-party HDD storage (if you intend to play more than one game, buy DLC, install patches etc), no system-wide achievement system (opt-in for devs means "we're not wasting our time"), awful online (the internet's only been public for 17 years now), day one multi-GB sized OS patch (that eats most of the pathetic storage and bricks consoles if interrupted), console-locked accounts, junk components with poor battery life, no Blu-Ray support, failed third-party title launches (Zombi Whack-a-Mole and framerate issues on ALL 3rd-party ports to date)...the list goes on and on.

This thing could have been badass, but now it's just...bad. In the immortal words of Nelson Muntz, "Ha! Ha!"
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 11-21-2012 at 02:58 AM.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Fight the Future

Man, am I glad I sold my WiiU Deluxe on launch for $600 (almost double what I paid) instead of holding onto it for myself. I'll buy one in the future when a Harvest Moon releases for it but these issues are pretty pathetic.

INTJ

reposting it here

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

The problem with the Third party ports is that they arn't built around the Wii U Ram. The Ram bandwith is half compared to 360/PS3 and at a lower latency (which is good for ram). The third party companies affected haven't learned that when making these third party launch ports and thus suffer stupid frame rate drops and weird graphic issues. The later games come out should fix those issues. As i said though The sonic kart game is actually the best third party port out there (It's gameplay is great and it uses the Wii u functionality well. It Doesn't copy paste Mario kart at all and actually feels like it's own original thing (Unlike LBP karting).)

Besides the Ram Difference it's really easy to use.
    Tekken and Sonic Allstars are the only ones so far that don't have any lag drops or anything that i can confirm. i haven't bought many third party ports.

Both of those games are fucking amazing and worth the price though, especially the tekken one.

Angel of Death

I think I'll wait a year to buy one with all this news. Maybe by then a price drop!

> Restart Button <

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    I think I'll wait a year to buy one with all this news. Maybe by then a price drop!
    I think this is the way to go with any new console system nowadays. Patience is a virtue.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    I agree I wait for my console of choice for an year to iron out the bugs and such. Same thing with Windows to iron out the bugs after an year. After an year than the system/os will have better improvements. Take it form me who suffered though the first year Windows 95 bugfest. Wait an year and you'll benefit.
    Lord Fenton
    Gaming since the days of Kings Quest 3

Working On: Dungeon Defenders and Batman:AC(PS3) and Borderlands (PC Steam) til I start round 2 of my BG:EE good guy this time.
    My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GrimFenton

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Just hope they eventually bring NG RE to the ps3 becuz I won't buy a wii u for it

Random Access Memories

Definitely no surprise here, but thankfully it won't affect me at all since I won't be purchasing one for one or two games

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!