Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Nintendo, do not let this be true

This is a discussion on Nintendo, do not let this be true within the Nintendo forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; Because it's so utterly stupid: Nintendo of Europe is blocking Wii U content in the region that is rated PEGI ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Nintendo, do not let this be true

Because it's so utterly stupid:

Nintendo of Europe is blocking Wii U content in the region that is rated PEGI 18+ between the hours of 3 a.m. and 11 p.m., according to a Eurogamer report. Under these stipulations, the four-hour window of 11 p.m. to 3 a.m. is the only time users can purchase games like ZombiU or Assassin's Creed III or even view trailers for such games.

The story originated from a NeoGAF forum user, which reportedly received an email from Nintendo saying the following:

"Dear customer, we would like to let you know that Nintendo has always aimed to offer gameplay experiences suited to all age groups, observing carefully all the relevant regulations regarding content access that are present in the various European countries. We have thus decided to restrict the access to content which is unsuitable to minors (PEGI) to the 11 p.m.- 3 a.m. time window."

Eurogamer has since verified the claim. It received a message stating "You cannot view this content" and "The times during which this content can be viewed have been restricted."

Nintendo has yet to comment on the matter.
    Nintendo blocking 18+ Wii U content in Europe until 11 p.m. - Report - GameSpot.com

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Wow, so Europeans are going to be treated like this. Nintendo might be looking at a class action lawsuit if this idiotic nanny-mode continues. At the very least, this is going to be yet another deterrent to developers making/porting games to the system if it's going to cater so heavily to children.

Now before our resident Nintendo super fan responds - I would love to see what would have been said if Nintendo was replaced with Sony in this article.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

NSFW

Some peoples nights are other peoples midday. Not thought through Nintendo.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

> Restart Button <

As "all for" I am about balancing content for age appropriateness, this is straight up restrictions. Not cool. It's up to the parents to parent.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

I don't know if this will do any good...Nintendo get a gold star for "means well"

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

Lvl 9 - Gold

I tried thinking of something, but this is just that stupid I can't.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

Resident PHD

Wait I am a little confused, does this mean that I couldn't walk into a gameshop at 6pm and buy ZombiU or does that mean I can't buy DLC off the Nintendo Store at that time?

Because if this refers to retailers, what store is open from 11-3am?

This is a confusing article

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 6 - Silver

'merica, fuck yeah

Lvl 6 - Silver

what did you guys expect this is nintendo after all.nintendo has gone downhill since the fad that was the wii

Good News, Everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Wait I am a little confused, does this mean that I couldn't walk into a gameshop at 6pm and buy ZombiU or does that mean I can't buy DLC off the Nintendo Store at that time?

Because if this refers to retailers, what store is open from 11-3am?

This is a confusing article
    It seems they mean the Wii U's online store can't access Pegi 18+ content unless it is between 11pm and 3am.

> Restart Button <

Isn't this just going to encourage kids to stay up past their bedtime?

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

Kid, not loser

So is Nintendo just trying to get rid of the core crowd. The time isn't great either, I know people who only get on to play games in the morning so not being able to download will be difficult to do as well. Does this include patches?

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Can the Wii pad scan my mom's note giving me permission to download M rated content?

Prayer Warrior

oh i can't wait to see doodles response to this one (aka ps360)

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 3 - Bronze

dafuq did i just read??

Well done Nintendo, your pretty much saying that you dont want 18+ gamers. Good job. *slow clap*

Kiwi Defender

Old news are old.

The idea itself isn't bad, afterall, Nintendo has always tried to be "family friendly" (and unlike this site, which claims the same, tries to look that way ). However, the implementation itself is bad. I am sure they could've come up with a better solution than this one, but in the end it's their own content and they might as well do whatever they want lol.

This was on a poll on gamefaqs about 3 days ago, and pretty much everyone disagrees with Nintendo's 'solution'.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Old news are old.

The idea itself isn't bad, afterall, Nintendo has always tried to be "family friendly" (and unlike this site, which claims the same, tries to look that way ). However, the implementation itself is bad. I am sure they could've come up with a better solution than this one, but in the end it's their own content and they might as well do whatever they want lol.

This was on a poll on gamefaqs about 3 days ago, and pretty much everyone disagrees with Nintendo's 'solution'.
    It isn't their content. Nintendo isn't making PEGI 18+ games, the third party developers are, and if you're going to close the window on when people can digitally obtain your content - tell me why you would make it for that console? This is just going to cause third party developers to skip over the console all together, because if you're going to severely hamper the consumer's ability to get your product, then it isn't worth the added effort (especially if those third party sales figures that seem to be creeping up are true... ouch).

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Old news are old.

the idea isn't bad? No you're right, it's fecking terrible. Poor implementation or not, I really do not understand why Nintendo has done this. All this does is punish those old enough to buy the content in the first place, I really cant see how anyone would support this idea...

it's arse backwards when we're meant to be making digital distribution more appealing to consumers...

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    It isn't their content. Nintendo isn't making PEGI 18+ games, the third party developers are, and if you're going to close the window on when people can digitally obtain your content - tell me why you would make it for that console? This is just going to cause third party developers to skip over the console all together, because if you're going to severely hamper the consumer's ability to get your product, then it isn't worth the added effort (especially if those third party sales figures that seem to be creeping up are true... ouch).
    True, then let me rephrase: It's their own store, and they might as well do whatever they want. Will it scare off devs like Capcom who love to release overpiced DLC? Yes. Is Nintendo aware? Yes. Do they seem to care? No.

In the end, all of those who are bothered by this and are makign a rucus aren't going to buy the console (case in point: all the bashers in this and every other Wii U thread), so it's not like Nintendo should care about their opinion, should they?

We also suspected right from the start that there would be little third-party support for the console (and I mean good support, not shovelware) and that the console's main asset would consist of, as usual, first-party games, so it should be no surprise that third-parties won't be interested in getting involved nor that third-party games won't be selling much.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    the idea isn't bad? No you're right, it's fecking terrible. Poor implementation or not, I really do not understand why Nintendo has done this. All this does is punish those old enough to buy the content in the first place, I really cant see how anyone would support this idea...

it's arse backwards when we're meant to be making digital distribution more appealing to consumers...
    The idea of not letting kids get their hands on 18+ content isn't bad, afterall, there are ratings for a reason. Now, the implementation is horrible, which is entirely different, since they're not letting anyone get their hands on 18+ content. See the difference between the idea and the implementation?

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Up the Irons!

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    Some peoples nights are other peoples midday. Not thought through Nintendo.
    Exactly what I was thinking. It's just a completely bad mood.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast