Nintendo To help localize a bunch of 3DS games for the West

This is a discussion on Nintendo To help localize a bunch of 3DS games for the West within the Nintendo forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; Nintendo to help Japanese companies bring their 3DS games West | Joystiq In order to boost the number of new ...

INTJ

Nintendo To help localize a bunch of 3DS games for the West

Nintendo to help Japanese companies bring their 3DS games West | Joystiq

In order to boost the number of new games coming to the 3DS, Nintendo plans to work with Japanese third parties to bring their games to the North American and European markets. "Among those third-party titles both developed and published in Japan, there have been some games which Nintendo published in Europe, including the Professor Layton series," president Satoru Iwata explained in a presentation today. "We will increase the number of such games for the U.S. market as well as in Europe. We are also willing to flexibly assist third-party developers in distributing their valuable games overseas." In other words, Nintendo will outright publish more games from other companies, and assist in the distribution of others.

It's a simple plan, one that could result in the localization of games that third party publishers would find too expensive to localize and market on their own. Ideally, this would involve games like Bravely Default and Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney; Nintendo's generally reliable curation means we're still safe from humiliating cheesecake ninja game Senran Kagura.

if this brings over the miku project mirai game more power to em

Angel of Death

I'm glad that Sony and Nintendo are starting to localize more. More specifically I'm glad that we're getting a remake of Kingdom Hearts in it's Final Mix version.

Kiwi Defender

Any idea of which games? Or is there no definite list as of yet?

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Any idea of which games? Or is there no definite list as of yet?
    just good games that can't be brought to the US/UK Due to money reasons i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    I'm glad that Sony and Nintendo are starting to localize more. More specifically I'm glad that we're getting a remake of Kingdom Hearts in it's Final Mix version.

Thanks Square enix for that, not sony.

Where The Wind Blows

If they bring the 3DS Rocket Slime over here, I'm gonna be really pissed that I sold my 3DS...

Click for some context for this signature. It rotates the lyric every time it's reloaded!