Super Smash Bros on 3DS "Coming soon" according to Nintendo PR List

This is a discussion on Super Smash Bros on 3DS "Coming soon" according to Nintendo PR List within the Nintendo forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; Nintendo PR Lists Super Smash Bros. as ‘Coming Soon’ on Nintendo 3DS | GenGAME Almost all of the existing library ...

INTJ

Super Smash Bros on 3DS "Coming soon" according to Nintendo PR List

Nintendo PR Lists Super Smash Bros. as ‘Coming Soon’ on Nintendo 3DS | GenGAME

Almost all of the existing library of Nintendo DS games can be played on the Nintendo 3DS systems.

· The Nintendo eShop offers access to hundreds of new and classic 2D and 3D games, video content and more.

· Over 700 games available or on the way for Nintendo 3DS and 3DS XL since launching March 27, 2011.

Only on Nintendo 3DS:

Fan and Critic Favorites:

New Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Coming Soon:

Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Super Smash Bros., Pokémon X/Pokémon Y

eShop Hits:

Pushmo, Crashmo, Gunman Clive, Mutant Mudds, Fluidity: Spin Cycle, Ketzal’s Corridors

· Consumers can get a free digital game when they buy the Nintendo 3DS XL system and a qualifying game by April 30, 2013.

does this mean smash bros is coming out this year.

if so, isn't that a bit too short of dev time

Lvl 5 - Silver

Maybe not. Based on past Smash games, they were in development for 2-3 years, generally. Besides, if it can be released sooner and still be great, I'm happy with that.

I noticed a comment in that link that says that the 3DS version is going to be released a while before the WiiU version. Probably stirring up a rumour, but you never know.
    "Those who do not show respect will receive none in kind."

The only sane person here

If it is I hope they support cross save like stats, records and friends list or something to make the 3DS feel at least good compared to the Wii U version.

Lvl 6 - Silver

This has been in development for sometime now besides, Brawl was released in 08 which has been 6 years. The time is now bud .
    Sync Unison: Element of Spirits

Angel of Death

I'm thinking they mean these are popular upcoming games, not necessarily coming now games. I doubt this will see light until 2014. Maybe if we're lucky, they'll make a wonderful SSB by November.