Earthbound VC. This year. Wii U. Europe and USA.

This is a discussion on Earthbound VC. This year. Wii U. Europe and USA. within the Nintendo forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; Earthbound this year on VC in NA and EU | Joystiq Earthbound (also known as Mother 2) will be available ...

INTJ

Earthbound VC. This year. Wii U. Europe and USA.

Earthbound this year on VC in NA and EU | Joystiq

Earthbound (also known as Mother 2) will be available on the Wii U Virtual Console by year's end in North America and Europe.

"We will announce the actual release date at a later time," said Nintnedo President Satoru Iwata during today's Nintendo Direct.

welcome home
    Last edited by Ps360; 04-17-2013 at 08:26 PM.

INTJ

this is why i love the miiverse

The only sane person here

I honestly don't get the big hubub with Earthbound

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by KingLazy View Post
    Thats because your the only sane person here

Sweet I love Earthbound still not enough to make me buy a Wii U though.

illegal in 9 countries

Good work not releasing a new game Nintendo.

This is why I love Nintendo fanboys. They jizz in their pants over an 18 year old game that's going to take 7 months to release on a sub-par network on a sub-par console, and yet it's enough to tide them over while Nintendo drags the chains on releasing anything remotely recognising a Wii U game.

What a business - I wish my clients were as patient with me. I'd be a gazillionaire by just sitting on my hands and doing sweet fuck all.
    Well done Nintendo. World's laziest publisher.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by KingLazy View Post
    The best jRPG of all time imo, tied with persona 4.

Nintendo thought it bombed in the 90s because it was a time before JRPGS were popular in the US and Earthbound became rare as shit due to it (example: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...bound&_sacat=0 )

It just has really good writing and a great art style. Fans demanded this game to come back in some form for over a decade (nintendo acknowledged this many times.)

most people thought it would never happen due to some copyright issues that were in the original game (Some songs sampled the beatles, Red cross logo on a hospital, etc.)

nintendo finally gave a greenlight again. It's most likely because Itoi (the series creator) noticed the western fanbase a year or so ago and noticed how big it was. He loves the fanbase too according to his twitter and what he spoke about in one earthbound-oriented event in japan

If this is successful they can finally bring over mother 3 while they are at it.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Good work not releasing a new game Nintendo.

This is why I love Nintendo fanboys. They jizz in their pants over an 18 year old game that's going to take 7 months to release on a sub-par network on a sub-par console, and yet it's enough to tide them over while Nintendo drags the chains on releasing anything remotely recognising a Wii U game.

What a business - I wish my clients were as patient with me. I'd be a gazillionaire by just sitting on my hands and doing sweet fuck all.
    Well done Nintendo. World's laziest publisher.
    Lol, I think a certain someone is getting desperate in trying to convince us a Wii U is worth buying .................... 18 years, I am sure it was something to get excited about back then .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 9 - Gold

I'll just play my copy for the SNES. I like the nostalgia feeling more with the original and anyone else wanting to play the game just download an emulator.

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by MAXTHUNDER View Post
    I'll just play my copy for the SNES. I like the nostalgia feeling more with the original and anyone else wanting to play the game just download an emulator.
    This right here

( thanks djunglist for this awesome GDT sig)

Its plugged into the wall

Great now they just need to give Mother 1 and 3 an English release, and start making a new game, and I will actually give a crap.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Kiwi Defender

Sometimes you just want to play the game on a console, though, and many people could never score a SNES copy. I know that if I owned a Wii U (or were planning to), I'd buy the game on the virtual console instead of just downloading an emulator, but that's just me.

Got to love how everyone is shitting all over the news and flaming Nintendo instead of actually being happy about it, though lol.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

INTJ

but what about people that don't own the game

it's a better value to just buy a wii u just to play it according to ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Earthbo...item19db25d4c4

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    but what about people that don't own the game

it's a better value to just buy a wii u just to play it according to ebay

RARE Earthbound SNES Super Nintendo w Box Player's Guide 045496830434 | eBay
    I got mine 100% complete including the players guide for under $30. My friend said that I would never get it and I did. Same goes for Ogre Battle for just under $60 complete and Lufia 1,2 sealed for $105 altogether. I also got my Saturn with about 30 games for $55 but the duty fee ended up being $68 still a good deal though.

I would rather own a physical copy of the game and like I said before emulators are free.

INTJ

I got mine 100% complete including the players guide for under $30.
    that is a lucky ass deal

all i have is the cart and that cost me $100

Saints Row IV

I LOVE THIS GAME!
    Imo one of the best RPG.
    Can't wait!
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    Great now they just need to give Mother 1 and 3 an English release, and start making a new game, and I will actually give a crap.
    Actually, if you wish there are fan translations for both games out now.
    Truly, we live in the age of shitty games.

INTJ

it begins

MOTHER 3 Fan Translation Blog Archive Offer to Nintendo

When we released the MOTHER 3 fan translation patch in 2008, it was because it was clear that Nintendo had no interest in releasing an official translation of the game. Still, there’s always the hope that the game might be re-released someday on some new platform, at which time us fans will clamor for an official translation yet again.

I realize that localizing a game this size can cost a lot, so if it’ll help in even the slightest, I’ll gladly offer to let Nintendo use my text translation files for any use at all, completely for free. I’ll even edit the files to fit whatever new standards are necessary (content, formatting, memory size, etc.), completely for free. I’ll even retranslate everything from scratch if need be. Just whatever it takes to get an official release out.

It might seem unlikely for a legitimate company to use a fan translation or work with fan translators, but it has happened before – Ys: The Oath in Felghana is one recent example. It’s more common among visual novel games at the moment, but I believe this sort of thing will only become more and more common over time. Only when the works in question are up to a certain standard of quality, of course.