Wii U sales jump 875% After Xbox unveil

This is a discussion on Wii U sales jump 875% After Xbox unveil within the Nintendo forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; Amazon UK: Wii U Sales Rank Jumps 875% Following Microsoft’s Xbox One Reveal | PLAYERESSENCE The Xbox Oneís disappointing reveal ...

INTJ

Wii U sales jump 875% After Xbox unveil

Amazon UK: Wii U Sales Rank Jumps 875% Following Microsoft’s Xbox One Reveal | PLAYERESSENCE

The Xbox Oneís disappointing reveal has shot up sales of the Wii U on Amazon.com. The system was at #390 before the conference, but now has shot up to #40 due to Microsoftís glorified TV box.

This momentum should carry Nintendo right into the summer as they have big plans for the Wii U at E3 and this fall. The console race has just begun but itís good to see gamers are picking up a system thatís dedicated to gaming first, and multimedia second.
    Amazon.co.uk Movers and Shakers: The biggest gainers in PC & Video Games sales rank over the past 24 hours

Labels

I am on the fence with which is worse...
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig

"I went from the slums of hell to paradise in heaven, from a sling shot to a wall of Mac 11's"

Kiwi Defender

That's rather sad and pathetic. Can't believe Microsoft's console has failed this hard.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    That's rather sad and pathetic. Can't believe Microsoft's console has failed this hard.
    Especially seeing the WII has been out selling the WII U almost every week the past few months. If it continues at that percentage then there will be about 300,000 est. WII Us sold this time next month.

illegal in 9 countries

So that makes 8.75 people who have bought it since the Xbox reveal. Was the 9th guy an amputee?

By the way, your inability to interpret statistical information is astounding. That article simply says the ranking on Amazon UK has increased 875%. Not only that, but it currently says 386% not 875%, simply meaning it's up to 50 from 243. There's nothing to indicate sales have increased 875%

Let's put it in perspective - if you only sold 1 last week and 3 this week...well fuck me! Sales have increased 300%!!!! Low volume will do that to ya

To put it further in perspective, Just Dance 4 on Wii is outselling the Wii U. It's ranked at 30.
    The Last of Us pre-orders comes in at #4 and Kingdom Hearts 1.5 at #3.

Nothing and I mean NOTHING to see here. Learn to read.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

The only sane person here

Saints Row IV

Well...that is something
    I will actually get a WiiU,and a PS4
    If they confirm awesome games on E3,wiiu sales will be a lot!
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    So that makes 8.75 people who have bought it since the Xbox reveal. Was the 9th guy an amputee?

By the way, your inability to interpret statistical information is astounding. That article simply says the ranking on Amazon UK has increased 875%. Not only that, but it currently says 386% not 875%, simply meaning it's up to 50 from 243. There's nothing to indicate sales have increased 875%

Let's put it in perspective - if you only sold 1 last week and 3 this week...well fuck me! Sales have increased 300%!!!! Low volume will do that to ya

To put it further in perspective, Just Dance 4 on Wii is outselling the Wii U. It's ranked at 30.
    The Last of Us pre-orders comes in at #4 and Kingdom Hearts 1.5 at #3.

Nothing and I mean NOTHING to see here. Learn to read.
    I am glad you are here, this is what I was thinking but would have never been able to put it across properly lol . The Wii U will be back in last place after E3, I hope they make enough cash to survive in the next month . Xbox one reveal sucked the console might not be up to much, but it is not fair to even suggest its as crap as the Wii U
    Last edited by UNCLEPAULIE; 05-24-2013 at 03:43 AM.
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 4 - Silver

I wouldn't say that is because of the reveal. If anything it's because Sniper elite V2 and resident evil: revelations came out this week.
    The timings are the same but i'm fairly sure 2 games sell a console better than a bad reveal of a different console

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Doomlor0 View Post
    I wouldn't say that is because of the reveal. If anything it's because Sniper elite V2 and resident evil: revelations came out this week.
    both multiplatform games i can buy on any other console.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I think gamers just realize how bad the Xbox One is since it is putting gaming mostly on the backburner. The Wii U and Ps4 (as of now) are staying with what made them great, and that is simply gaming.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston