Hideki Kamiya wants to make a Bayonetta spinoff for the 3DS

This is a discussion on Hideki Kamiya wants to make a Bayonetta spinoff for the 3DS within the Nintendo forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; Hideki Kamiya Would Like To Make A Bayonetta Spin-Off For 3DS Starring Jeanne - Siliconera PlatinumGames’ Hideki Kamiya just wrapped ...

INTJ

Hideki Kamiya wants to make a Bayonetta spinoff for the 3DS

Hideki Kamiya Would Like To Make A Bayonetta Spin-Off For 3DS Starring Jeanne - Siliconera

PlatinumGames’ Hideki Kamiya just wrapped up development of The Wonderful 101, which he worked on as director. To date, most of Kamiya’s games have been for consoles. 101 aside, he’s worked on Resident Evil 2, Devil May Cry, Okami, Viewtiful Joe and Bayonetta.
    At the Penny Arcade Expo, Siliconera asked Kamiya if he would be interested in developing a Nintendo 3DS game, given Platinum’s ongoing relationship with Nintendo. Kamiya had not one, but two ideas he said he’s like to work on, given the opportunity.
    “Given the chance, I’d like to make a game based on Jeanne from Bayonetta,” Kamiya replied. “Something that’s not as big in scale. Something that’s portable, that you could play in quick sessions, where she’s a history teacher and the kind of fun things that could come out of a scenario like that.”
    He added, “If I could get away with it, I’d also like to come up with a spin-off of Okami, less focused on the grand idea of saving the world, but [rather] something focused on the smaller world of the fairy Issun.”
    A Bayonetta side-story for 3DS sounds fun, especially with the kind of whacky scenario Kamiya described. If not Bayonetta, hopefully he will be given the chance to work on a Nintendo 3DS game someday.

Kid, not loser

I heard he wasn't sure about doing a Bayonetta 3, so I'm surprised he would like to do this. If Bayonetta 2 sells well though, I'm sure we'd see much more than just a portable version.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Wasn't there a portable sequel to Okami?
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

~There is no such thing as an unemployed gamer. You can either pay to play or you don't play at all~

The only sane person here

Jeez everytime I hear about Hideki going on about Nintendo overly attached, it's to the point where it makes me wanna vomit.

Lvl 8 - Gold

I get the feeling the next Okami game will be a Nintendo console exclusive. For the love of God, if you don't want the Okami franchise to die, don't put it on Wii U. I'd buy a 3DS XL just for an Okami sequel.