Platinum Games Creative Director Kellams Tired of people begging for Bayonetta 2 ports

This is a discussion on Platinum Games Creative Director Kellams Tired of people begging for Bayonetta 2 ports within the Nintendo forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; Platinum Games Creative Director Is Fed Up With Bayonetta 2 Port Begging | My Nintendo News Platinum Games creative director ...

INTJ

Platinum Games Creative Director Kellams Tired of people begging for Bayonetta 2 ports

Platinum Games Creative Director Is Fed Up With Bayonetta 2 Port Begging | My Nintendo News

Platinum Games creative director JP Kellams has revealed on Twitter that he is fed up with Microsoft and Sony gamers requesting that Bayonetta 2 be ported to the Xbox and the PlayStation. Kellams says that anything he posts on the Bayonetta 2 Facebook page turns into requests to port the Wii U exclusive to the Xbox and the PlayStation. Here’s what he had to say on Twitter.

“I hate posting anything Bayonetta 2 on our Facebook. Not because I hate Bayonetta 2, but because I hate the pedantic port-begging.”

“It’s been over a year since we announced. We heard you. We get it. We are just happy that we get to make Bayonetta 2 for the patient fans.”

дурак

Didn't he say something about it not even being his decision? That it was Nintendo that's funding the development?
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    Didn't he say something about it not even being his decision? That it was Nintendo that's funding the development?
    nintendo 100% funded the project (similar to how microsoft funded Dead rising 3.)

aka no port unless nintendo gives the go-ahead.

though to be honest i wouldn't be suprised if nintendo bought platinum games at some point. both companies love each other (nintendo is giving them ton of freedom, PG wants to make nintendo games for them, etc.)

дурак

More of a reason for me to buy a Wii U (Among other reasons, such as Wonderful 101, Wind Waker HD, etc). Though I would be a bit upset if they just went completely over to Nintendo.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel

Kiwi Defender

Can anyone blame the guy? It's already been said multiple times all over the internet that it isn't up to Platinum Games whether Bayonetta 2 is ported or not, but to Nintendo; therefore, it's a colossal waste of time to bother someone from Platinum Games and beg him to port it.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

The only sane person here

Worst part is how many copies is Bayonetta 2 even going to sell due to it being a Wii U exclusive and how the TW101 fell short on sales.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by KingLazy View Post
    Worst part is how many copies is Bayonetta 2 even going to sell due to it being a Wii U exclusive and how the TW101 fell short on sales.
    Exactly. Publishing exclusively on Wii U is dooming the title to both obscurity and failure. It doesn't meet the core demographic for Nintendo gamers and the Wii U hasn't shipped enough units for the game to succeed.

How's that exclusivity deal looking now Platinum?

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Exactly. Publishing exclusively on Wii U is dooming the title to both obscurity and failure. It doesn't meet the core demographic for Nintendo gamers and the Wii U hasn't shipped enough units for the game to succeed.

How's that exclusivity deal looking now Platinum?
    At least it's getting released lol.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Felix the Cat

Considering both of the actual next gen systems have already sold more than the Wii U has (in the UK at least, I'm not positive about over here) I think Platinum are going to be trying their damnedest to get their games on the systems that actually support third parties. There is no reason for Platinum to stay exclusive to Nintendo (unless they decide to fund all their games and Platinum doesn't care about profit) and it will ultimately be a bad decision for their company.
    Classic Game Room: 16-bit, 100% Awesome

Thank you Fox for the awesome signature!
    PSN: James_Page | XBL: Mopar Parker | Steam: Pagey the Wind Squid | NN: 1stGenCummins

Writing Things

Put it on the 3DS too, it'll sell some copies then.

Platinum Games have had some fantastic titles in Vanquish, MG Rising and Bayonetta, it's a shame only Nintendo dared show faith in them for Bayonetta 2, no doubt it'll be awesome but not on many GOTY lists in 2014 because sod all people will have played it. ( In the grand scheme of things )

Sig by DaRe_xLw

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    At least it's getting released lol.
    If it's worth publishing, it's worth publishing on all platforms. Anything less will result in a HUGE loss for Nintendo and Platinum. I suppose it's easier to spend someone else's dime and not give a shit about the result.

Lvl 7 - Gold

The game doesn't even have a release date... Nintendo had the chance to show it on VGX but didn't. How far is Platinum to even completing the game now? I bet we won't see a single trailer till E3 2014. Sad but whatever.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    If it's worth publishing, it's worth publishing on all platforms. Anything less will result in a HUGE loss for Nintendo and Platinum. I suppose it's easier to spend someone else's dime and not give a shit about the result.
    Yeap, but for some reason no one but Nientiendo wanted to invest in the game; thus, the result will be small sales for the game and a likely loss for Nientendo, while Platinum loses nothing and gives no craps.

Toggle Spoiler

Kid, not loser

Sony could have possibly funded it, if it weren't for Platinum sucking at developing for the PS3 and pretty much forcing Sony to patch a broken game that they made. There is no wonder why it didn't get funded by anyone.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.