Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

E3 2014: Zelda

This is a discussion on E3 2014: Zelda within the Nintendo forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; The Legend of Zelda is a favorite franchise for Nintendo, right behind Mario himself. A first look shows an absolutely ...

Good News, Everyone!

E3 2014: Zelda

The Legend of Zelda is a favorite franchise for Nintendo, right behind Mario himself. A first look shows an absolutely gorgeous view of the new world, followed by an explosion-filled gameplay intro. The game will be available in 2015.

Last edited by Ghost; 06-10-2014 at 12:43 PM. Reason: video added

The only sane person here

This game better deliver.

Kiwi Defender

This is arguably what we've been asking for Zelda for over a decade. Glad to see they're sticking to the waterpaint artstyle, too, since that was one of the things that made Skyward Sword more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by KingLazy View Post
    This game better deliver.
    I don't really recall a Legend of Zelda game not deliverin, so can't really expect them to fuck up.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Trophy Guide Grand Master

I love Zelda games from back in the day, was my second game for my NES, but I hate the waterpaint artstyle on Link

JINTRAy

You can only guess where I am...my mother's basement

Looks neat. Love me some Zelda action.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

The only sane person here

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    This is arguably what we've been asking for Zelda for over a decade. Glad to see they're sticking to the waterpaint artstyle, too, since that was one of the things that made Skyward Sword more enjoyable.

I don't really recall a Legend of Zelda game not deliverin, so can't really expect them to fuck up.
    I'm talking about new gameplay mechanics, Skyward Sword was good but the game was too similar to past 3D Zelda games.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by KingLazy View Post
    I'm talking about new gameplay mechanics, Skyward Sword was good but the game was too similar to past 3D Zelda games.
    I get what you mean now. The way they talk about the open world and how you can do the dungeons now makes me believe it'll be actually a breath of fresh air, so I'll trust they'll actually make it live up to what we all expect for now.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 8 - Gold

I highly doubt the game will look this good on release date.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by M40A3 View Post
    I highly doubt the game will look this good on release date.
    you doubt the power of artstyle. The right artstyle can make any game look 1000X better than any graphical raytracing and other various features.

It is why nintendo takes the cartoon artstyle when it comes to graphical quality, It makes the game timeless compared to gritty stuff of games like Call of duty and Battlefield. Doesn't Okami still look beautiful despite the fact it ran on terrible hardware for it's time?

also, nintendo doesn't lie about their games when it comes to graphical quality, unlike a certain game company we all know.
    Last edited by Ps360; 06-10-2014 at 04:30 PM. Reason: changed one example

Renegade Time Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    you doubt the power of artstyle

nintendo doesn't lie about their games when it comes to graphical quality, unlike a certain game company we all know.
    In the case of Watch Dogs they where probably told it was 1080p @ 60fps but when they found out it would not be, they removed it. Not really lying.

If it bothered people that much then I am sure they could have just canceled their pre order and got their money back.

Back on topic, it looks good. But will need a few more games before I would concider getting a Wii U.
    Shut up I was talking to the Horse.

Avatar, Signature and Banner by Bladia. Thank You!

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by LordZargus View Post
    In the case of Watch Dogs they where probably told it was 1080p @ 60fps but when they found out it would not be, they removed it. Not really lying.
    agreeable, replacing with another example.

Renegade Time Lord

agreeable, replacing with another example.
    True but again if it bothered people that much I am sure if they found the information out and where not happy about what they found out and they have a pre order then they could cancel it or if they where thinking of buying the game, just don't buy it.

I am sure a lot of people canceled their pre order with Watch Dogs because of it not being 1080p @ 60fps.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by LordZargus View Post
    True but again if it bothered people that much I am sure if they found the information out and where not happy about what they found out and they have a pre order then they could cancel it or if they where thinking of buying the game, just don't buy it.

I am sure a lot of people canceled their pre order with Watch Dogs because of it not being 1080p @ 60fps.
    ubisoft singlehandedly destroyed their hype in march when it was revealed the game doesn't look as good as it did at E3.

sucks because its actually a good game. thats what lying to your customers gets you.

Renegade Time Lord

ubisoft singlehandedly destroyed their hype in march when it was revealed the game doesn't look as good as it did at E3.

sucks because its actually a good game. thats what lying to your customers gets you.
    For some people they did destroy the hype. For a lot of people the hype stayed, like me, I preferred it as to me it seemed darker and grittier but I do prefer things like that, personal preference.

And I agree it is a good game. I am still on Act 3 mainly because I have been doing everything else instead first.

Lvl 8 - Gold

you doubt the power of artstyle. The right artstyle can make any game look 1000X better than any graphical raytracing and other various features.

It is why nintendo takes the cartoon artstyle when it comes to graphical quality, It makes the game timeless compared to gritty stuff of games like Call of duty and Battlefield. Doesn't Okami still look beautiful despite the fact it ran on terrible hardware for it's time?

also, nintendo doesn't lie about their games when it comes to graphical quality, unlike a certain game company we all know.
    Okami is my personal all time favorite game. It still looks beautiful on PS2 and the HD remake is godlike. You are right though, I did ignore the artstyle. But if they say the game is open world (or if its anything like Shadow of the Colossus) and looks that good, I'm sold.

Anyone with a decent knowledge on computer hardware/software knows that the leap from PS3 to PS4 and X360 to X1 is not dramatical. It is not like from PS2 to PS3 where we entered the "HD" stage. Besides, the "best" games usually come out during the last couple of years of a consoles cycle.

You Know You Love Me

Yeah, totally. I guess the 4 million people that bought Watch_Dogs in the first week of its release did it by accident, or in protest or something.

Back to the subject at hand, though, I do really hope this Zelda game turns out to be everything fans want. I personally don't have any interest in the series, having grown up absent Nintendo consoles, but I can appreciate its importance. The trailer looks excellent, but there's no indication that it's in-engine, or in anyway representative of the final product, so let's all just wait and see.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Yeah, totally. I guess the 4 million people that bought Watch_Dogs in the first week of its release did it by accident, or in protest or something.
    if ubisoft kept their word there would of been millions more.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    I love Zelda games from back in the day, was my second game for my NES, but I hate the waterpaint artstyle on Link

that isn't link.

PRO Member

if ubisoft kept their word there would of been millions more.
    I like Watch Dogs a lot, but there's no doubt that I didn't get the product that was advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by LordZargus
    For some people they did destroy the hype. For a lot of people the hype stayed, like me, I preferred it as to me it seemed darker and grittier but I do prefer things like that, personal preference.
    lol.

It destroyed the hype for me. Hype fountain went from like gushing out and rainbows and shit (10) to like an unsteady flow of glorious, golden urine (6). Was close to cancelling and probably should have, given that I was expecting a pretty mediocre game.

yeah great character design nintendo. new character = Link with a blue shirt instead of a green shirt.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    yeah great character design nintendo. new character = Link with a blue shirt instead of a green shirt.
    just because they are changing the formula does not mean they have to go completely insane with it. i never expected link to be a 7'8" giant black guy adventuring in 2154 hyrule with his Epona-2000 XL model floating car.

also if you look at the character it's basically female (facial structure and the slight bust don't lie).

http://cnet3.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/...5/linkshot.jpg

compare to previous links:

skyward sword:
    http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvjvylJhgV1qfabuy.png

Twilight princess:
    http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly...waswo1_500.png
    Last edited by Ps360; 06-11-2014 at 01:39 AM.

PRO Member

also if you look at the character it's basically female (facial structure and the slight bust don't lie).
    Now that I'm looking for it, I see it. Well that's ok then!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast