Best 3DS XL Memory Card?

This is a discussion on Best 3DS XL Memory Card? within the Nintendo forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; I plan on buying a 3DS XL the day after thanksgiving (Black Friday), and I was just wondering what memory ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Best 3DS XL Memory Card?

I plan on buying a 3DS XL the day after thanksgiving (Black Friday), and I was just wondering what memory card I should get for it?

I heard that the 32GB Sandisk Class 4 is the best 3DS XL memory card, unless I'll only need 16GB?

I don't plan on buying any DLC or eShop/online exclusives, just physical retail games.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I have 6 games for mine so far and haven't needed anything more than the 2 GB memory card that was included with mine. Nintendo games take up a lot less save space than Sony games.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbedkinpark View Post
    I have 6 games for mine so far and haven't needed anything more than the 2 GB memory card that was included with mine. Nintendo games take up a lot less save space than Sony games.
    3DS games don't have optional or mandatory "game data" installs, like most PS3 games do?

That's a relief lol , more money to spend on adding 3DS games to my collection .

INTJ

just buy a good 32GB SD card

they all pretty good. I buy all my 3DS games digitally and i haven't reached 50% space yet.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    just buy a good 32GB SD card

they all pretty good. I buy all my 3DS games digitally and i haven't reached 50% space yet.
    Thanks for the helpful advice . I'll keep that in mind if the default 4GB memory card ever gets 100% filled.

ADMlNlSTRATOR

Are there emulation cartridges available for the 3DS XL? My NDSL is on its last leg after 8 years and it's time for a replacement.

Lvl 7 - Gold

i have a Kingston 16GB SDHC Class 4 card that i was wondering if i could use on my 3DS XL.

also Best Buy has a lot of SDHC cards on sale, if the original poster wants to look at them here