Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare not coming to Wii U

This is a discussion on Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare not coming to Wii U within the Nintendo forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; Sledgehammer Games' upcoming installment in the Call of Duty franchise will not release on the Wii U this fall, a ...

Fight the Future

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare not coming to Wii U

Sledgehammer Games' upcoming installment in the Call of Duty franchise will not release on the Wii U this fall, a Sledgehammer co-founder said onTwitter."No, no Wii U," Michael Condrey wrote. "That was an Activision decision. We are focused on Xbox One, PS4, and PC."
    Sledgehammer is developing the game for those three platforms, while High Moon Studios is focusing on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The last two games in the Call of Duty series Black Ops II and Ghosts both released on the Wii U, and were ported by smaller teams at Treyarch. It's unclear why they won't be doing the same for Advanced Warfare, but Condrey confirmed their absence this time around.

Source: IGN

This is a shame for those Wii U owners who were planning on picking this game up. This is yet another popular third party game that is skipping Nintendo's platform which isn't a good thing.
    Last edited by Parker; 08-20-2014 at 08:01 PM.

Lvl 8 - Gold

i know why, because they never sold any copies on the WiiU. We had both Black Ops II and Ghosts on sale at Toys R Us for $15 each, and we still had a whole bunch of copies of each game. People buy Nintendo systems for family-oriented games, or for their kids to play E-E10 rated games. The WiiU is not your go-to system for playing these kinds of games.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    This is a shame for those WiiU owners who were planning on picking this game up.
    i think you could've counted the number of people who wanted this game on the WiiU on one hand

INTJ

oh no the horror

what ever shall i do without a run of the mill shooter

Lvl 8 - Gold

Ubisoft also said they won't be porting over "mature" games because they sell really low.

Edit: They're also not getting Street Fighter.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by M40A3 View Post
    Ubisoft also said they won't be porting over "mature" games because they sell really low.
    example of such maturity from ubisoft

(Ubisoft's non-mature games are the best btw. rather have another rayman and the crew than whatever the fuck the watch dogs writing was)

Fight the Future

Quote Originally Posted by jaws-ate View Post
    i think you could've counted the number of people who wanted this game on the WiiU on one hand
    Not really. While it is obvious that there isn't a huge CoD crowd on the Wii U there are still plenty of people who were looking forward to the game and this is bad news for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    oh no the horror

what ever shall i do without a run of the mill shooter
    Stop being so selfish. Just because you don't care about a series doesn't mean others share that same opinion. There is a relatively healthy CoD community on Wii U and I know many of them were looking forward to Advanced Warfare. I also wasn't aware that having the option to buy more games was ever a bad thing.

INTJ

I also wasn't aware that having the option to buy more games was ever a bad thing.
    Quality > Quantity

The wii u is doing a pretty good job at that

Fight the Future

Quality > Quantity
    Again, not everyone shares your opinion. There are plenty of people who think CoD is a quality game regardless of your thoughts on the series. How is giving the people the option to buy CoD on the Wii U a bad thing?

PRO Member

Not really. While it is obvious that there isn't a huge CoD crowd on the Wii U there are still plenty of people who were looking forward to the game and this is bad news for them.
    It's not that there isn't a huge CoD crowd... it's that there isn't a huge Wii U crowd.

The only sane person here

Since when is Game & Wario a quality game?

You Know You Love Me

(Ubisoft's non-mature games are the best btw. rather have another rayman and the crew than whatever the fuck the watch dogs writing was)
    ...did you just call Far Cry: Blood Dragon a "mature" game? You are an idiot of the highest order.

You might not care about Watch_Dogs (and probably Assassin's Creed, because you love hating on shit that's popular), but on top of missing out on South Park: The Stick of Truth, Wii U gamers also miss out on games like Valiant Hearts, Far Cry 4, The Division, Rainbow 6 Siege, and surely the new Brothers in Arms game.

The only games coming from Activision have been tie-ins and Skylanders games; Capcom publishes nothing but Monster Hunter; EA hasn't released anything for the platform since Need For Speed: Most Wanted in March 2013; and all you'll get out of Ubisoft for the foreseeable future is Rayman (which is on every platform known to man) and Just Dance.

The Wii U has no appeal for current gamers, beyond those that never grew out of 90s nostalgia.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    The Wii U has no appeal for current gamers, beyond those that never grew out of 90s nostalgia.
    OR likes playing kids games (or just those who just act like children with a 1 track mind)

PRO Member

Blood Dragon was quite possibly the best game Ubisoft has made this last generation.

I'd also like to point out that you can't hate Activision's CoD series and have a boner the size of texas for Mario. The only difference between CoD and Mario is one is an FPS and the other is a platformer, but both are subject to being frequently released and generally re-hashed shit.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Resident PHD

Let us go over this bit by bit.

1. The Wii-U has been out for twice the time as the Ps4 and Xbox1 so hopefully it has more games out than the other two.

2. your 'quality' exclusives list contains games like Funky Barn, Game Party Champions and NES Remix...so yeah...nuff said.

3. You want to talk about quality over quantity...let us look at the Wii's STELLAR line up of games that flooded the market last gen.

List of Wii games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is over 400 games on there (most of them retail) and there is about 20 that are actually worth a damn (over a 7 year life span). Compare that to Xbox360/PS3 that had about dozen or so good games come out every year.

But as always keep trying, you will make a sensible post one of these days

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Let us go over this bit by bit.

2. your 'quality' exclusives list contains games like Funky Barn, Game Party Champions and NES Remix...so yeah...nuff said.
    They also include Mario Kart 8, New Super Luigi U, New Super Mario Bros U, Super Mario 3D World and more on the way. We're talking about Mario Party 10, Mario Maker, Mario vs. Donkey Kong and Yoshi's Wooly World. So check yourself bro.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    They also include Mario Kart 8, New Super Luigi U, New Super Mario Bros U, Super Mario 3D World and more on the way. We're talking about Mario Party 10, Mario Maker, Mario vs. Donkey Kong and Yoshi's Wooly World. So check yourself bro.
    True but the point of what I was quoting was the image was to showcase off how many great exclusives the WiiU has versus the other systems. That image was a little misleading as most of those exclusives are garbage (as I showcased) Sure there are good games on there (and as you pointed out they are all named Mario) but that is the problem.

I would rather buy a system that has great exclusives that don't all use the same character.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    ...did you just call Far Cry: Blood Dragon a "mature" game? You are an idiot of the highest order.

You might not care about Watch_Dogs (and probably Assassin's Creed, because you love hating on shit that's popular), but on top of missing out on South Park: The Stick of Truth, Wii U gamers also miss out on games like Valiant Hearts, Far Cry 4, The Division, Rainbow 6 Siege, and surely the new Brothers in Arms game.
    1) It was a joke twoards people calling Ubisoft a "mature" game maker. Ubisofts best games are not mature.

2) Black flag is the best AC game i played mainly because it was a dumbed down sid meiers pirates.

3) Valiant Hearts is a artsy linear cinematic game no one has given a fuck about. I havent seen anyone talk about it.

4) Watch_dogs has good gameplay but the story they had was a piece of shit.

5) South Park was completely done by THQ before they shut down, Ubisoft just took care of publishing/QA problems.

6) I don't support gearbox so brothers in arms can go fuck itself.

7) I love Ubisoft, but their retardation shows now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
    Blood Dragon was quite possibly the best game Ubisoft has made this last generation.

I'd also like to point out that you can't hate Activision's CoD series and have a boner the size of texas for Mario. The only difference between CoD and Mario is one is an FPS and the other is a platformer, but both are subject to being frequently released and generally re-hashed shit.

The main difference between Nintendo and Activision is that activison follows a yearly release system and Nintendo follows a Generation release system for major games.

Mario Kart is a example of this, one Game for each platform. another exxample is a major mario game is released once or twice per system (Sunshine for Gamecube, Galaxy 1&2 for Wii, Super Mario 3D World and a upcoming title for Wii U) With their own gameplay style, levels, etc. You simply can't compare how the gameplay works between one another except that it's a platformer starring mario.

The rest is good spinoff material. Ranging from RPGS, Puzzle games, etc. the Mario IP doesn't stick to one genre so it's constantly fresh.

CoD however has to stick to the FPS genre because thats what it's known for. that (and the fact its released every year with almost very minor variations) is why it gets stale. Activison is trying to fix this by putting in a 3rd Developer to make 3 Year Dev Cycles happen but who knows.

( i love blood dragon too but i like using it as a example of "Maturrr" games by ubisoft)