Upholding a Dying Wish/Men who look good in strawhat coin glitch

This is a discussion on Upholding a Dying Wish/Men who look good in strawhat coin glitch within the One Piece: Pirate Warriors forum, part of the O; EU/NA/AU version glitched. They made Upholding a Dying Wish (Inherited Will) into Men Who Look Good in Straw Hats (Men ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Upholding a Dying Wish/Men who look good in strawhat coin glitch

EU/NA/AU version glitched. They made Upholding a Dying Wish (Inherited Will) into Men Who Look Good in Straw Hats (Men Suited for the Strawhat) while not giving a new coin combo to Upholding a Dying Wish so two skills have the same coin combo now. So if you haven't got the luck that the coin combo registers first as Upholding a Dying Wish, you'll be stuck with Men Who Look Good in Straw Hats unable to get Upholding a Dying Wish.

I tried for hours reloading but still stuck. Does anyone experience the same glitch and if anyone fixed it please respond.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I have the same problem i dont know what to do and i will not start all over

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Oh man i haven't tried doing this combo yet, i'll try holding off in hope it gets patched.
    Thanks for the warning!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I've been following the progress of this glitch for a while now. I've encountered it myself just a couple days after the games release and it pissed me off so badly.

I've been stalking topics on other forums and apparently someone has had a reply to an email they sent to namco bandai about the problem and they wasn't aware of such a glitch. Here's that reply.

Thank you for contacting Namco Bandai's Customer Support Department.

Thank you very much for providing us with this information. We will forward it to the appropriate sources for further investigation. Please provide us with more information in regards to this issue. Is the "Undying Wish" skill you are referring to the"Upholding a Dying Wish"? If so, the coins required to get "Men Who Look Good in Straw Hats" and "Upholding a Dying Wish" are completely different, and should not conflict with each other.

"Men Who Look Good in Straw Hats"
    Rayleigh - Obtained on Robin's Another Log 2
    Roger Mark - Obtained by clearing all Logs(Main and Another)
    Straw Hat- Main Log Episode 1

"Upholding a Dying Wish"
    Luffy Mark New(located towards the bottom of the list)- Obtained by clearing all Logs(Main and Another)
    Roger Mark - Obtained by clearing all Logs(Main and Another)
    Shanks Mark - Obtained by clearing all Logs(Main and Another)

If the "Undying Wish" skill you are referring to is not "Upholding a Dying Wish"skill, please let us know in response to this e-mail.
    I'm not sure if that's a legit reply or just someone trolling but if it is legit then it looks like a possible patch could come out in the future.

PRO Member

I own the jap version and have never experienced a glitch not even now, u get all the coins 4 sure if u just keep playing it

Lvl 1 - Bronze

its only in EU/NA/AU

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Update on this. A patch has been confirmed to be in the works to fix this glitch. There's no ETA on it and getting a patch made/approved is a long process so it could be a while.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

There's me thinking i was the only one i hope they fix it soon i really want 100% on this game and this is the only thing i need to do

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Patch ETA is within the next two weeks, apparently.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Where are you getting the news about the new patch? I can't seem to find it on their website
    Follow me @xMookix !

Lvl 1 - Bronze

On another forum, one of the european community managers for namco bandai games has been giving updates about it.

Originally Posted by shoupinou
    Hi guys,

I'm in touch with some people who are asking me news about the patch for One Piece Pirate warriors to fix the skill problem (and some freeze problems in the non-english versions by the same time).

I want to confirm that the patch is ready and in the process to be approved and pushed live through PSN. It is imminent but we can't give an exact date at the moment.
    Be assured that we are keeping track on this and doing our best to make it available to all of you as soon as possible but no date has been confirmed so far.

Thanks for your understanding

Tony (Facebook.com/tony.shoupinou)
    European community Manager

And an image of someone talking to him on facebook about it. http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/6088/catturakik.png

I've just heard the patch has dropped for the NA versions of the game, upholding a dying wish now uses New World Luffy Mark, Shanks Mark, Roger Mark. EU versions are still waiting, but shouldn't be far behind.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I just downloaded new update 1.01 US Ver. And it fixes Upholding a Dying Wish sikll

PRO Member

Originally posted by shoupinou

Hello!

I'm pleased to announce that the PAL copy of ONE PIECE PIRATE WARRIORS will be patched tomorrow (November 20th - 9PM CET time) to fix two issues identified thanks to a collaboration with the community.
    The NTSC version of the patch is already available.

Patch will include the following fixes:
    1. Freezing at the main menu caused by the save data created under a certain condition.
    2. A specific trophy cannot be obtained due to the Coin Skill “Upholding a Dying Wish” not being able to be activated.

The patch will be available through an automatic update when starting the game (requires a connection to the Playstation Network service)
    About time! Now I don't have to worry about this and start grinding the 100000 vs 10 trophy and get my platinum!

Source

Lvl 5 - Silver

It's good to know that a patch was released for this game. I've been planning to get it but I want to import it since the US doesn't have a retail release. Anyways, I've kinda stopped researching the patch a few weeks ago and it is nice to see that something has actually been done about the glitch

Working On:
    "Fallout: New Vegas [Ultimate Edition]" - 59%,
    "Devil May Cry 3" - 14%,
    "Dead Storm Pirates" - 52% (3/5 S Rank)

PRO Member

So I can confirm at the patch has been released for the PAL version, and the bug for the skill has been fixed! I finally got the trophy. All I got left now is to get the "100000 vs 10" trophy for the Platinum trophy!

I'm almost done with this game, thank lord!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

its patched?? great =) now i can get my platinum trophy 2 months later lolz but still im happy