Ps3 trophies to the ps4

This is a discussion on Ps3 trophies to the ps4 within the Other forum, part of the PS3 Games; Hey just wondering if anyone knows if the ps3 trophys you have will convert over to your ps4 just like ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Ps3 trophies to the ps4

Hey just wondering if anyone knows if the ps3 trophys you have will convert over to your ps4 just like the vita does with the ps3, my friend said it does and you keep everything and don't have to start from scratch,can anyone plz confirm this and sorry if you guys/gals have already spoken about it but I have been busy and had my 6th baby a week ago and haven't been able to get on here as much as I did,anyway thanks in advance

Death to zombies!!

Everything from your account apart from psn downloads will carry over

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Lvl 6 - Silver

hmm but wouldn't that lose the whole point of getting a new gen console i mean carrying over your trophy progress doesn't seem right to me with people like you stu above Lv.30 wouldn't it be nice to say hey 10 k trophies then i'm off to a new adventure .....a new start ......a new challenge i myself would settle around 6000 k and say that i've reached an unexpected milestone and would be nice to do the same thing on the next gen console after all; all good things must come to an end, right

Toggle Spoiler

For me trophies have become an integral part of gaming, like a stereo in a car. Is it really necessary? No. Is it a lot more fun with it though? Hell yeah!

quoted by Robinworldwide

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Tempted to start over in one sense but already having trophies on Vita and PS3 reaching near the 4000 mark, it will be great to look back on a long history of what i've played and achieved.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

It's still like starting over anyway it's a ps4 but I would like to still see all my trophys on there I have put so much into them go have a look at my plats and for all them just to get wiped for nothing oh man it would kill me lol and thanks everyone else it's made me happy and aboelsas iam only on lvl 28 not 30.with only 5809 trophys lol

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by stupot00 View Post
    Everything from your account apart from psn downloads will carry over
    Correction - everything from your account including PSN downloads will carry over. The PS3 stuff just won't install on a PS4, similar to how Vita content won't install onto a PS3.

You can use the same PSN account on PS3, PS4 and Vita concurrently and the trophies WILL carry over to all of your devices.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Death to zombies!!

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Correction - everything from your account including PSN downloads will carry over. The PS3 stuff just won't install on a PS4, similar to how Vita content won't install onto a PS3.

You can use the same PSN account on PS3, PS4 and Vita concurrently and the trophies WILL carry over to all of your devices.
    You know what i ment

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Lvl 2 - Bronze

So ant say someone goes into your ps4 profile they will see your ps3 trophys???

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by lewis View Post
    So ant say someone goes into your ps4 profile they will see your ps3 trophys???
    Yep. My *guess* is that PS3 games will be marked with a PS3 tag and PS4 games with a PS4 tag, just as we see Vita games marked with a Vita tag. With any luck, we'll have the ability to sort them by platform.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Aboelsas View Post
    hmm but wouldn't that lose the whole point of getting a new gen console i mean carrying over your trophy progress doesn't seem right to me with people like you stu above Lv.30 wouldn't it be nice to say hey 10 k trophies then i'm off to a new adventure .....a new start ......a new challenge i myself would settle around 6000 k and say that i've reached an unexpected milestone and would be nice to do the same thing on the next gen console after all; all good things must come to an end, right
    What's the point in collecting them if you're just going to throw them away?

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Thanks heaps ant I forgot you are really smart with all this stuff lol do u mind if I add you on the psn so next time if I have a question I can just ask you and skip all this lol thanks

Lvl 2 - Bronze

My point dj that's why I was worried that I had done it all for nothing lol

Negator

My point dj that's why I was worried that I had done it all for nothing lol
    Sony's worked hard to build an integral network to bring together 3 amazing devices. If they didn't forward trophies to PS4, they'd be shooting themselves in the foot. With the inclusion of trophies 5 years ago, Sony ensured that they'd stay around for quite a while to come.

Thankfully, they announced several months ago that all your current trophies would transfer over to the PS4, if you keep the same PSN ID

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Cool so glad hey dj

illegal in 9 countries

Thanks heaps ant I forgot you are really smart with all this stuff lol do u mind if I add you on the psn so next time if I have a question I can just ask you and skip all this lol thanks
    Yeah mate, add me on PSN. I haven't been on much lately due to work commitments, but I'll get back into it soon enough.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Ok thanks ant will add you next time iam on