The Source engine was leaked again, 2007 Version this time.

This is a discussion on The Source engine was leaked again, 2007 Version this time. within the PC forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; you heard it here first, russians found it. here's the post about it in russian (Edit: Now translated). (Also, the ...

INTJ

The Source engine was leaked again, 2007 Version this time.

you heard it here first, russians found it.

here's the post about it in russian (Edit: Now translated).

(Also, the LINKS ARE DEAD. DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING THAT IS A LEAKED ENGINE, YOU DON'T WANT THE PARTY VAN COMING TO YOUR HOUSE)

Everyone remembers comrade adamix'es thread, yes?

Introducing an archive with a bunch of sources for various engines (act quickly, it might die very soon, and I don't know where to upload it in case of deletion):
    http://adamix.ru/Engines_Sicrit.zip (Password: 8660adf65c6d2e186192c189c701e86c)

And, the Shell itself:
    http://adamix.ru/test.php (lots of interesting stuff lies directly in the root folder of the site and the /storage folder, possibly even photos and other deanon stuff from comrade adamix, I didn't check)

If anyone wishes to download the whole www and /storage folders, I wouldn't mind, too lazy myself, otherwise plenty of neat stuff in there

P.S. I wasn't the one to upload the Shell, I only found it there, try not get seen with it, ESPECIALLY if you don't know how Shell works (just in case)

P.S.S. So how did this end up in public? I'd like to point out right away, that the "buyer" was one guy I know, that seems to have been really pissed off by adamix.

source engine files are legit:

http://i.imgur.com/kDswu.png

Inside the EP3 File if anyone was wondering

http://i.imgur.com/d14ej.png

The Current story is this russian guy was attempting to sell the source engine that he acquired, but this other russian leaked the password to the public because selling people's assets is rude.

This is before Ep3 Was begun to be developed on so there is a ton of shit from the TF2 Beta and stuff.

Can't wait for FBI/Valve manhunt 2.0

whenever a Journalist gets around to posting a article about it ill link it here.

The only sane person here

interesting stuff though I wonder why the TF2 beta is still hanging around

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by KingLazy View Post
    interesting stuff though I wonder why the TF2 beta is still hanging around
    this is the 2007 Version, it's not a recent build.

this is the orange box engine, it isn't a L4D or Portal 2 engine.

edit;

also confirmed, there are no models or materials for anything in-game. it's just 100% pure source code. it won't end up like the Half life 2 beta leak in 2003 but it's still quite big.

the only way valve can respond to this positively without being neutral is if they officially open source it now (along with GoldSRC if they want). the whole thing is out there already and there's no reason to not hide it.

Edit 2:

it's apparently the Licensee version, the one you get when you pay for the source engine to make games with. I guess the only downsides to this besides the leak is that hackers can scan it for a few unknown exploits to cheat in the source games, but it should force valve to push more patches involving that i guess. The positive side is that this will massively help the modding community if they needed more than the simple tool set.
    Last edited by Ps360; 09-12-2012 at 04:37 AM.