CyberPunk 2077 Teaser Trailer

This is a discussion on CyberPunk 2077 Teaser Trailer within the PC forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; The teaser shows how the Psycho Squad might acquire a new member. The Psycho Squad specializes in combating "psychos" -- ...

INTJ

CyberPunk 2077 Teaser Trailer

The teaser shows how the Psycho Squad might acquire a new member.

The Psycho Squad specializes in combating "psychos" -- individuals who overuse implants and substances that boost or otherwise alter the human body.

There comes a point when they overdose on these innovations, and their bodies start to rebel against their biological body parts as well as all things organic around them. Simply put, they start killing people, who they now derisively call "meatbags."

When a psycho goes on the rampage, strange things can happen. There's carnage, and the psycho might be taken down by regular police, but they're not always able to get the job done.

When things spin out of control, they call in MAX-TAC (Maximum Force Tactical Division), popularly called the Psycho Squad.
    only on PC.

CD Projekt's secret message they put in every one of their trailers:

http://i.imgur.com/RCA5k.jpg

Want to learn more about Cyberpunk 2077? look at their announcement video and their promises:

Legendary...Nuff Said

Looks like pretty much the story of Blade Runner in a game. Not complaining (too much) though.

Impressive trailer. Good (choice of) music and I liked its general composition. Seems like it's just a CGI trailer, though, so can't say too much about the game itself from this, obviously.

PC master race has another thing to brag about for the time being. Yippee.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Suspended

Nice trailer (abeit rather shitty music), but it pretty much tells me nothing. Doesn't even really make you say "Damn, this might actually be worth checking out!" or anything similar until you read the description or some news regarding the game.

I do know in the end it'll most likely be worth it, but still. They need to release a better trailer than this one soon.

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Looks like pretty much the story of Blade Runner in a game.
    Not at all lol. Only thing this seems to have in common with Blade Runner is the scenery, and that's it.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Nice trailer (abeit rather shitty music), but it pretty much tells me nothing. Doesn't even really make you say "Damn, this might actually be worth checking out!" or anything similar until you read the description or some news regarding the game.
    it's kind of hard to explain anything when it's a story driven non-linear game built around character customziation.

read the paper pen game manual, it will put you in perspective

http://www.scribd.com/doc/10523700/Cyberpunk-2020

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    it's kind of hard to explain anything when it's a story driven non-linear game built around character customziation.

read the paper pen game manual, it will put you in perspective

Cyberpunk 2020
    Now that's what I actually wanted!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I used to play Cyberpunk Rpg when I was a kid at least 15 years ago, we had an awesome game master I enjoyed every session

JINTRAy

You can only guess where I am...my mother's basement

Looks interesting. We'll see though. Hope they bring it to console

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

INTJ

What if EA published the game?

Also CD Projekt is introducing a new technology in 2077 known as braindances, Similar to what total recall does, but instead of being yourself you are imagining yourself as a completely new person.

CD Projekt themselves explain it better.

Age of braindance decadence: We didn

The world of Cyberpunk 2077 presents a grim vision of the future. Tech advancement went hand in hand with the decay of society. Body augmentations invented to serve society simply multiplied the problems, and sometimes lead to mayhem on the streets. New inventions led to addictions and poverty became an even larger problem.

In Cyberpunk 2077, the player will be thrown into a dark future. The metropolis of Night City is a stage set to tell the tale of one individual, raised on the streets, who tries to lift himself up from the gutter and find a way to survive amongst boostergangs and megacorporations in a city of filth and sin. Drugs, violence, poverty and exclusion haven’t disappeared by 2077, as people stayed as they were for centuries – greedy, closed-minded and weak. But not only ghosts of the past trouble mankind, but new issues have appeared. Psychos go on rampages and the streets are filled with junkies addicted to a new form of entertainment – the braindance, a cheap way to experience the emotions and stimuli of someone else, someone living a more exciting life.

Braindances are digital recordings of a person’s experience. The viewer can stream a braindance directly into his neural system via special brain augmentations, called a BD player. Braindances allow the viewer to experience all brain processes registered, including emotions, muscle movements and all stimuli perceived by the recording person.

The range of themes of these recordings varies from simple braindances made by megacorporations, which e.g. allow the viewer to feel the full experience of an explorer with all its thrills, sweats, smells, views, sounds and the real feeling of curiosity that pushes men to go beyond the horizon against fear and physical weakness. But there are also more controversial sides of braindance, because some recordings are created illegally in the underground. Entering the mind of a serial killer means not only seeing the monstrosity he performs, but also living his lust to kill and fulfillment.

You haven’t experienced the latest New Hollywood recording? You’re nobody! The streets live with braindances, everyone just got crazy and wants to be a part of this new entertainment fad. Some people push it even too far and they cannot stop living other people’s lives. If you’re not linked to a braindance right now, you are probably discussing what happened to you during your last session. Of course, just like every great new cultural movement, BDs have people who criticize them. Just watch these two guys arguing about this phenomena [pdf | doc].

This is the world of 2077. The gap between high and low is bigger than ever. Drugs, violence, braindance, psychos on the loose… Will you be able to function in this defunct society or end up a BD-junky with nothing left, set aside like garbage - still living someone’s else life – not aware of what’s going on around you? Whether you like it or not - this is the age of braindance decadence; this is Cyberpunk 2077.

INTJ