Elder Scrolls MMO Beta Signups start today

This is a discussion on Elder Scrolls MMO Beta Signups start today within the PC forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; http://signup.elderscrollsonline.com/ yup...

DON'T BLINK

Elder Scrolls MMO Beta Signups start today

( thanks djunglist for this awesome GDT sig)

Kid, not loser

Thanks, signed up for it. Hope to get in, I got above average for the application, don't know how I could have gotten higher.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

INTJ

this mmo has bad news written all over it.

The Lore is being raped very badly from what i read, Tamriel no longer is jungles in that time period (TES online devs called that a "Transcription Error." what the fuck?) Bosmor people live in huts, The Altmer are using the "missunderstood good guys" trope, etc.

They consider morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim "Fables" And not a true view of Tamriel. it's like SWTOR all over again

in before someone comes in and attempts to defend this game against me, just like swtor.
    Last edited by Ps360; 01-29-2013 at 05:31 AM.

PRO Member

I've signed up and willing to give it a try, but if it's lore is going to be as bad Ps360 says it's going to be then I may just stick to the main series.

INTJ

more examples of lore rape

The bretons, who historically are the most elf-friendly human race, apparently are super racist against elves now. They, and the redguards, recruit their greatest enemy - the orcs - to be their friend.

The dunmer who traditionally don't give a flying fuck about the rest of tamriel decide to benevolently intervene to save the empire from the daedra that they used to worship. They, along with their slaves the argonians, recruit their greatest enemy - the nords - to be their friend.

The altmer hate humans. Well, yes this is true. They hate pretty much everyone who isn't an altmer because they have a massive superiority complex. So they want to retake the white gold tower for selfish reasons, which - hey - is actually completely in-character. So obviously on their racial-purity motivated crusade they ally with the kahjiit - the most disdained race in the entirety of cyrodill (excepting perhaps orcs).

don't believe me?

Also for the added shit icing on the cake:

The elder scrolls are treated like capture the flag in this game. Capture a elder scroll, bring it back to home town, whole faction gets benefits.

This is like the star wars prequels all over again.

and it's canon.

(also Moonsugar is now treated like candy.)

and you have to thank cyrodiil sanders for this shit.

If SWTOR was nicknamed the TORtanic, Elder Scrolls Online is going to be the Scrollocaust.