Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Team Fortress 2 - Hats, Guns, and Fun since 2007 (100% Free)

This is a discussion on Team Fortress 2 - Hats, Guns, and Fun since 2007 (100% Free) within the PC forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; Team Fortress 2 Is a Class based Multiplayer shooter that is 100% free to play. No DLC Packs to pay ...

INTJ

Team Fortress 2 - Hats, Guns, and Fun since 2007 (100% Free)

Team Fortress 2 Is a Class based Multiplayer shooter that is 100% free to play. No DLC Packs to pay for or anything ever, just pick up and play.

You pick between two teams, RED (Reliable Explosive Demolitions) or BLU (Builders League United) and then you pick 9 classes to choose from.

STORY

Classes

The Scout

Location of Origin: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
    Role: Offense

The youngest of eight boys from the south side of Boston, the Scout learned early how to problem solve with his fists. With seven older brothers on his side, fights tended to end before the runt of the litter could maneuver into punching distance, so the Scout trained himself to run. He ran everywhere, all the time, until he could beat his pack of mad dog siblings to the fray.

The Soldier

Location of Origin: Midwest, USA

Though he wanted desperately to fight in World War 2, the Soldier was rejected from every branch of the U.S. military. Undaunted, he bought his own ticket to Europe. After arriving and finally locating Poland, the Soldier taught himself how to load and fire a variety of weapons before embarking on a Nazi killing spree for which he was awarded several medals that he designed and made himself. His rampage ended immediately upon hearing about the end of the war in 1949.

The Pyro

Location of Origin: Unknown

Only two things are known for sure about the mysterious Pyro: he sets things on fire and he doesn't speak. In fact, only the part about setting things on fire is undisputed. Some believe his occasional rasping wheeze may be an attempt to communicate through a mouth obstructed by a filter and attached to lungs ravaged by constant exposure to his asbestos-lined suit. Either way, he's a fearsome, inscrutable, on-fire Frankenstein of a man - if he even is a man.

The Demoman

Location of Origin: Ullapool, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Role: Defense

A fierce temper, a fascination with all things explosive, and a terrible plan to kill the Loch Ness Monster cost the six year old Demoman his original set of adoptive parents. Later, back at the Crypt Grammar School for Orphans near Ullapool in the Scottish Highlands, the boy's bomb-making skills improved dramatically. His disposition and total number of intact eyeballs, however, did not.

The Heavy

Country of Origin: Russia

Like a hibernating bear, the Heavy appears to be a gentle giant. Also like a bear, confusing his deliberate, sleepy demeanor with gentleness will get you ripped limb from limb. Though he speaks simply and moves with an economy of energy that's often confused with napping, the Heavy isn't dumb, he's not your big friend, and he generally wishes you'd just shut up before he has to make you shut up.

The Engineer

Location of Origin: Bee Cave, Texas, USA

This amiable, soft-spoken good ol' boy from tiny Bee Cave, Texas loves barbeque, guns, and higher education. Natural curiosity, ten years as a roughneck in the west Texas oilfields, and eleven hard science PhDs have trained him to design, build and repair a variety of deadly contraptions.

The Medic

Location of Origin: Stuttgart, Germany
    Role: Support

What he lacks in compassion for the sick, respect for human dignity, and any sort of verifiable formal training in medicine, the Medic more than makes up for with a bottomless supply of giant needles and a trembling enthusiasm for plunging them into exposed flesh. Raised in Stuttgart, Germany during an era when the Hippocratic oath had been downgraded to an optional Hippocratic suggestion, the Medic considers healing a generally unintended side effect of satisfying his own morbid curiosity.

The Sniper

Country of Origin: Australia

In his former life as a tracker of dangerous game in the unforgiving Australian outback, the Sniper would spend months by himself. Prolonged isolation taught him a valuable lesson: You don't have to rely on other people if you never miss.

The Spy

Country of Origin: France

He is a puzzle, wrapped in an enigma, shrouded in riddles, lovingly sprinkled with intrigue, express mailed to Mystery, Alaska, and LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU! but it is too late. You're dead. For he is the Spy - globetrotting rogue, lady killer (metaphorically) and mankiller (for real).

The Comic Series Containing storyline for TF2:

Team Fortress 2: Comics

Buy TF2 Merch here:

Valve

Play the Game here:

Team Fortress 2 on Steam
    Last edited by Ps360; 06-27-2012 at 01:10 PM.

INTJ

Update Items Leaked, also Wednesday is the big night for a major TF2 Update

items in leaked list:

New items include: Sniper Bandana Hair, Heavy Bandana Hair, Spy Disguised Hat, Heavy Lumberjack Hat, Demo Hendrix Hat, Engineer Hair, Engineer Blueprints (this?), Mighty Pirate, The Bootlegger (boots), The Scotland Shard (bottle), Bloody Bombs (glasses), Solder Sea Captain Hat, Pyro Sailor Hat, Heavy Gym Hair, Scout Hotdog Hat, Pyro Birdcage Hat (this?), Medic Stahlhelm Hat, Scout Backwards Cap, Sniper Necklace (necklace), Flair Buttons (equippable buttons), Medic Pocket Square, Medic Stethoscope, Spy Inspector Hat, Sniper Cork Hat, Pyro Flamenco Hat, Engineer Cranial Claw, Spy Specs, Scout 3D Glasses, Solder Cowboy Hat, Pyro Conscience (maybe this), Scout Provision Hat.

HiFive Taunt Enabler added, seems to be activated by holding down the taunt button for a few seconds.

The Pummeling Picket has "item_class": "saxxy" and "item_type_name": "TF_Weapon_Sign", and also has customizable textures. Can be used by every class except the Spy and Engineer.

The Bootlegger, Scotland Shard, Bloody Bombs, Mighty Pirate are part of the 'Swashbucklers Swag' set, probably this pack.

The Pocket Medic can now be equipped by the Soldier.

Also added are Photo Badge, ID Badge, Stampable Medal, which have a "can_customize_texture": true, attribute.

Customize Texture Tool is a new tool you can use to create custom textures.

An expiration date attribute was added, use unknown.

Christmas Key 2010 was added, which seems to be a placeholder for a new holiday key.

Athletic Supporter and Superfan made craftable.

The beta weapons were added, with beta names, which seems to be a mistake.

Medic Stahlhelm Hat: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2672923/stah...dicsample7.jpg
    Sniper Necklace (necklace): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLjIDFEeFJQ
    Medic Stethoscope :http://i53.tinypic.com/ddds0z.jpg
    Sniper Cork Hat: http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/1175/soooiguess.jpg
    Scout 3D Glasses: http://i.imgur.com/dLGMG.png
    Pyro Conscience: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1835520/models/dollies3.PNG, http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1835520/models/dollies2.PNG

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

So what's the point of this thread?

"Oh, so you think that the darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, I was born in it."

INTJ

Game thread, for the PC Section.

since the PS3/360 Version is inferior.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by One View Post
    So what's the point of this thread?
    Fanboyism. Take it from a pro.

Suspended

Oh, a new update? Seems like a good time to start playing again, then.

INTJ

Lvl 5 - Silver

lol, I never knew the Scout was from Southie! thats friggin awesome, not my favorite character, but still pretty cool.
    and yes probably one of, if not the best game out there

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy72 View Post
    lol, I never knew the Scout was from Southie! thats friggin awesome, not my favorite character, but still pretty cool.
    and yes probably one of, if not the best game out there
    Scout is hilarious because he's a complete jackass showoff.

example, Taken from the TF2 Comic and turned into a animation clip

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ps360 View Post
    update items leaked, also wednesday is the big night for a major tf2 update

items in leaked list:

Medic stahlhelm hat: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2672923/stah...dicsample7.jpg
    sniper necklace (necklace): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vljidfeefjq
    medic stethoscope :http://i53.tinypic.com/ddds0z.jpg
    sniper cork hat: http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/1175/soooiguess.jpg
    scout 3d glasses: http://i.imgur.com/dlgmg.png
    pyro conscience: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1835520/models/dollies3.png, http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1835520/models/dollies2.png
    my god i must have that pyro twin devils!!!

INTJ

A couple days ago we mentioned a "major project" we were working on that we promised to keep you updated on in the weeks and months ahead. Well, here's an update: It's done! Suck it, Valve Time.

That's right, folks. The Steam Workshop is live! What is it? An improved submission hub for community-created content that makes it easy for you to upload entries, check on their status and get feedback from us at Valve. Also, the TF community will be able to look at, comment on, and rate all item submissions in a single place.

But that's not all. The in-game Mann Co. Store turned a year old today. In just 365 days, item-creators have made more than $2,000,000 in profit from their creations. In celebration, we're releasing the massive Manniversary Update and Sale! What's included in it? Holy crap, try to think of something that’s not included in it. Check out all the new features, items and improvements.

Almost everything is on sale between now and Monday, October 17th, so limber up your buying finger, and don't forget that any store purchase automatically upgrades a Free account to a Premium.

Happy Manniversary, everybody!

Update page:
    http://www.teamfortress.com/manniversary/

Workshop Page:
    http://www.teamfortress.com/workshop

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Sniper is from Australia, 'eh? Considering the amount of time I play as a Sniper I'm not surprised.

дурак

Seems to be a good day for TF2. Opened a bunch of crates and got a bunch of stranges I wanted, and now an update with new shit in it :3

The only downside, is my game keeps crashing every so often. Ever since the update actually.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The new update is fantastic. Weapon load-outs, new hats, a second misc. slot, community items, and a chance to earn some cash making hats, TF2 and Valve outdone themselves, big-time with this new update. Toobad I'm low on metal, I REALLY want that Pyro 2 devil dolls item.

INTJ

New Update yesterday unveiled a upcoming halloween update (all in the same month)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    New Update yesterday unveiled a upcoming halloween update (all in the same month)

Is that what the update was? Hurray!

INTJ

it's not out yet, wait for monday.

Team Fortress 2

Halloween is almost upon us, and for those of you who don't have an irrational fear of Presidents' Day, it's the scariest time of the year. This morning, we were reviewing this year's Third Annual Scream Fortress Halloween Update, and we realized that it is probably too scary. Scratch that - it's definitely too scary. This much concentrated terror would be like throwing you into the deep end of a pool... With no lifeguard on duty! [sound of lightning hitting a bat] But then, oh thank God, here comes a lifeguard. Sayyyy, he looks familiar. OH MY GOD it's Dracula! No wait, it's even worse! It's legendary Hollywood triple threat, Ethan Hawke! Acting! Directing! Writing! But not swimming! Everyone knows he can't swim! What monster would hire Ethan Hawke to be a lifeguard? Does this cursed rec center not have ANY lifeguard hiring oversight committee? IT DOES NOT! AWOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The point is, if we don't let all of TF's new players dip their trembling pinky toes into the shallow end of the blood pool before we unleash next week's scare-credible Third Annual Scream Fortress Halloween Update, they would drown in their body's own terror juices. So, for the next few days, revisit stately Mann Manor. Listen closely! What's that you hear? Is it the clip clop of haunted hoofs? Nope. It's the terrifying, completely foot-generated clomping of the Horseless Headless Horseman! He's come to steal your soul! And, if you have one, your horse! Brace yourselves to see the new update next week. Of course, we won't be seeing anything... Because WE JUST ATE OUR OWN EYEBALLS! TWIST BLOG POST ENDING!

INTJ

INTJ

Team Fortress 2

First order of business: Some DAMNED WEBSITE is asking any know-nothing mope with a keyboard and an opinion the preposterously self-evident question of whether I can BEAT UP A DOCTOR IN A FIGHT. Let's put aside that unlike with Mann Co., when a customer isn't wholly satisfied with a doctor's services, the doctor won't even CHALLENGE THAT CUSTOMER TO A FIGHT. In fact, he CAN'T challenge that customer to a fight, since doctors take a cringing oath of cowardice to "do no harm". Let's also put aside the fact that this contest doesn't even specify what SORT of fight this doctor and I would would be engaged in. (Let me answer that: A VERY SHORT ONE.)

Let's ignore all that and stick to the facts: I have PERSONALLY MANSLAUGHTERED 1,593 physicians in various forms of unarmed and/or unwilling combat, and let me tell you, that statistic carries a lot of weight at the doctor's office. Let's just say a "Beaten to Death in the Head by Fists" can turn into a "Natural Causes" on a coroner's report PRETTY FAST when you're cracking the right knuckles at the right people.

Still, if some online poll insists on propagating lies that I can be bested in fisticuffs by any Scottish-Japanese doctor who wants to throw on a ski mask, then I must turn to YOU, the fine customers of Mann Co.'s top-notch line of occasionally combustible products, to PUT THAT LIE TO REST. Click here, and RIGHT an INTERNET WRONG with your FINGER-FIST.

In other news, one of you FINALLY REMEMBERED that the U.S. postal service is a THING THAT EXISTS and answered the conundrum I posed during the Manniversary update about making an ostrich disappear:

Thank you, PVO, for your (relatively) prompt reply. Far too late to be useful, of course, as the police knocked in the door to my office weeks ago and I was forced to think on the spot (I ate the ostrich). But you get a hearty Mann Co. RELAXED-FIST CLAPPING SOUND for your inventive solution to my problem.

I have manslaughtered 1,593 physicians,

Saxton Hale

Vote Saxton Hale:

Dark Horse VS - Round 5: Dr. McNinja vs. Saxton Hale :: Blog :: Dark Horse Comics

http://drmcninja.com/archives/news/v...-guy-in-a-hat/

Hello!

Did you know that there are books that illustrate my many thrilling adventures? It’s true. You can read them, and you should read them. The most recent book, Night Powers was made by the Dark Horse Company, an equestrian goods fulfillment service and publisher of the world’s best comic books.

Dark Horse represents many interesting characters, and has lately taken to asking readers “Who would win in a fight?” Currently, the vote is up for me versus a fellow by the name of Saxton Hale, who best I can tell is a Guy in a Hat. The Guy in a Hat has put forth a desperate plea for votes, and it appears if I’m to retain any dignity at all in this manner, I have to beg as well.

So I ask you, doctor fans, please vote, and when doing so, consider this list.

Things I have faced down that are more threatening than a Guy in a Hat.

1) Dracula. I punched Dracula in the face. This impressed Dracula so much, he shoots lasers from the moon whenever I ask him to. (Theoretically.)

2) Dinosaurs. Dinosaurs mouths are essentially full of knives, unlike human mouths. I will find this Guy in a Hat to have a much less perilous mouth to punch than that of a dinosaur, which I remind you, I have punched many.

3) My mom. It’s not a joke. She’s a professional murderer. She’s upset that I don’t do professional murders.

4) An army of my own clones. Took about twenty minutes.

5) Anyone who knows that “man” is spelled with only one ‘n’. Whoops! That’s anybody!

Thank you for voting. Have a nice Thanksgiving.

- Dr. McNinja

Or Dr. McNinja

The Site Mascot

I love this game but my current computer won't let me play it anymore. It keeps running slowly and freezing.

Avater and signature created by my Best Friend and brotha DaRe_xLw
    Aqua's Furry Adventures Through Time and Space.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast