Tips for keeping my laptop from overheating?

This is a discussion on Tips for keeping my laptop from overheating? within the PC forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite P505D-S8935 and overheats really easily. I'm afraid that it will die really soon. Any ...

♚ Overlord ♔

Tips for keeping my laptop from overheating?

My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite P505D-S8935 and overheats really easily. I'm afraid that it will die really soon. Any tips for cooling it down a little? Like a fan, keep it on a wood desk or something like that. My computer is 3 years old and still kicking for now.

You Know You Love Me

Get a cooling pad/stand - they're pretty inexpensive and usually just require a USB port. Also make sure that the ventilation holes aren't obstructed.

Try not to use it for extended periods of time, and if you're seriously worried it might croak, back-up your important data.

KCCO!

Try to break up your fapping sessions into smaller 15-minute intervals!

Seriously, though, as Faust said, a cooling pad is probably the best idea. Keeping it on a hard, flat surface is also ideal (e.g., the wood desk you mention). If you keep it on a bed or something that contours around the vents, it will certainly obstruct the ventilation.

illegal in 9 countries

Buy a Mac. Yeah, I said it.

I had a series of about 5 Toshiba PC laptops, none of them lasted longer than 3 years in any sort of productive capacity. Ditched Windows, got a MacBook Pro, haven't looked back.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)