Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

new Nvidia 780 Ti Black Edition has 12 GB's of DDR5

This is a discussion on new Nvidia 780 Ti Black Edition has 12 GB's of DDR5 within the PC forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti also in special black edition | VideoCardz.com NVIDIA is also planning to launch a faster ...

INTJ

new Nvidia 780 Ti Black Edition has 12 GB's of DDR5

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti also in special black edition | VideoCardz.com

NVIDIA is also planning to launch a faster variant of GeForce GTX 780 Ti. Just as I told you in my previous post, GTX 780 Ti will also be available in 6GB and 12GB variants, these cards will be available in special, possibly limited editions.

I don’t know the exact name of these cards yet, so I will just refer to them as ‘special editions’.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti special black edition

While the original GTX 780 Ti will run at 876/928 MHz clocks, the exclusive special edition will boost to 1000/1033 MHz (unconfirmed). Both variants will have the same memory clock of 7 GHz. The clock speeds are not the only difference. The faster GTX 780 TI has no TDP limit (at least on paper). This card is basically what Uber Mode is to R9 290X, only here you get higher clocks and more memory.

According to our sources, GeForce GTX 780 Ti will arrive with black cooler, so this is more than just a new BIOS.

The rest of the specs shouldn’t really change much. I don’t know if this card is going to be released along with 3GB models, all we know for certain, is that it will not be cheap.

ps4 already outdated before it comes out

Word is Bond

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    You mean my $400 PS4 doesn't have the graphics capabilities of a $1200+ GPU?

Lvl 8 - Gold

PS4 already outdated? Yes, but look at those prices...

Anyway... time to make a completely redundant system and sli two of those

... actually I wonder just how future proof it'd be to get one of those...

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

do i want an affordable game console, or a super expensive graphics card that i have no real use for.... the decisions are so difficult /sarc

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Rangers F.C

They seem like overkill, unless the next generation games are going to be extremely sore on the graphics cards but I doubt it because the PS4 and Xbox One are not that powerful and the games will be tailored for them . I also thought 4K was going to be the next big thing but been hearing most launch titles are 720p so 4k would just be upscaled and would probably suck .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

illegal in 9 countries

I'll buy 5 PS4's for the same price as the 12GB model and stickytape them together for 40GB of GDDR5. Checkmate.

All this does is highlight why I got off the PC circlejerk and went with consoles instead. You can either pay a mint for the latest and greatest gaming rig, use a fraction of the capabilities at launch, face legacy driver issues with older games and compatibility issues with newer ones and have it devalue faster than the US currency, or you can drop a few bucks on a console with a single hardware configuration that will just fucking work for the next decade.

8GB of GDDR5 is a shit-tonne better than the 256MB of RAM you'll find in a PS3, and look how much developers have squeezed out of that. Sure, the PC "Master Race" will have better AA, faster FPS, support higher resolutions and more SFX, but this is how much I give a fuck....wait for it....:tumbleweed:...it's coming...:more tumbleweed:...nah, it's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    They seem like overkill, unless the next generation games are going to be extremely sore on the graphics cards but I doubt it because the PS4 and Xbox One are not that powerful and the games will be tailored for them . I also thought 4K was going to be the next big thing but been hearing most launch titles are 720p so 4k would just be upscaled and would probably suck .
    PCs have only mastered 1080p at a decent FPS in the last couple of years, despite monitors being capable of that resolution for the last 10 years. Nothing on the planet can handle 4K respectably - we'll be waiting more than a few years before it becomes anywhere near the standard for gaming.

Not to mention, most TV channels are nowhere near capable of 1080p, they're decades off 4K. The only way we'll get that is fibre to the home broadband and there's a vested interest in media ownership for that not to happen (Rupert Murdoch bought the Australian election to kill off FTTP because it's a threat to Foxtel).

4K's a bad joke to push the next wave of "must-have" expensive TVs, just like 3D before it. Don't buy into it as an early adopter, it's way too soon to make the jump to 4K.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

#hashtag

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    You mean my $400 PS4 doesn't have the graphics capabilities of a $1200+ GPU?

Doesn't matter, we can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p or 30 and 60 frames so I don't think 4 gigs is a big difference.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    PCs have only mastered 1080p at a decent FPS in the last couple of years, despite monitors being capable of that resolution for the last 10 years. Nothing on the planet can handle 4K respectably - we'll be waiting more than a few years before it becomes anywhere near the standard for gaming.

PC gaming can master 4K pretty well actually. Most modern cards can pump above 30 FPS at 4K on games like BF3 and Crysis 3 (which is terribly optimized) while pumping 40-90 FPS on Dirt 3. It hasn't reached a avg 60 FPS yet that doesn't involve titan SLI but that will probably be another year or two till thats fixed.

hell Supersampling is a big thing for high quality pc gaming now.

illegal in 9 countries

PC gaming can master 4K pretty well actually. Most modern cards can pump above 30 FPS at 4K on games like BF3 and Crysis 3 (which is terribly optimized) while pumping 40-90 FPS on Dirt 3. It hasn't reached a avg 60 FPS yet that doesn't involve titan SLI but that will probably be another year or two till thats fixed.

hell Supersampling is a big thing for high quality pc gaming now.
    I said respectably. In PC terms, those benchmarks are shit - peaks of 90FPS are balanced by troughs of 5FPS and an overall shitty experience. Given we're talking high-end PC gaming here, 30FPS does not cut the mustard and it took PC gaming the better part of a decade to break through 60FPS @ 1080p as the standard.

Factor in the cost of a 4K-capable system ($2K for a card or SLi setup to run it at 60FPS, $3.5K for a 60Hz screen - http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ming,3620.html) and it's not a viable option for the vast majority of gamers.

It's 4-5 years off becoming the standard. By then the PS5 will be talked about and the 4K tech will be dirt cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramonalicious View Post
    Doesn't matter, we can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p or 30 and 60 frames so I don't think 4 gigs is a big difference.
    And that's kinda the point - why spend thousands of dollars more on an experience that is only marginally different?

I'll take a $400 console over a $4000 PC where the difference when actually playing a game rather than reviewing benchmarks is close to sweet fuck all.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

INTJ

And that's kinda the point - why spend thousands of dollars more on an experience that is only marginally different?
    when it comes to hardcore/competitive gaming the smallest details matter. if you watch quake live matches with very high skilled players they pull off the craziest shit due to small details.

thats why PC gaming is moving to 4k before anyone else.

illegal in 9 countries

when it comes to hardcore/competitive gaming the smallest details matter.

thats why PC gaming is moving to 4k before anyone else.
    I was a hardcore PC gamer and dumped tens of thousands on hardware over the years. The biggest problem was I spent more time getting games to work on PC than playing the fucking things! Got me a console, popped in a disc and whaddayaknow...it just worked.

#hashtag

I'll take a $400 console over a $4000 PC where the difference when actually playing a game rather than reviewing benchmarks is close to sweet fuck all.
    Great and this is coming from a guy that buys Apple Products and do you really think I was being serious?

Next Gen vs Current High End PC Tech

I do agree with you but there's a very noticeable difference...

illegal in 9 countries

Great and this is coming from a guy that buys Apple Products and do you really think I was being serious?

Next Gen vs Current High End PC Tech

I do agree with you but there's a very noticeable difference...
    It doesn't matter if you were being serious or not, the point is still valid. The difference between 8GB of GDDR5 @ $400 and 12GB of GDDR5 @ $1500+ is in the "I don't give a shit" territory.

The cheaper option is good enough, just as 30FPS and 720p is good enough on a TV. On a PC monitor the difference is much more noticeable, but it's a different target market. I'll take that Killzone screenshot over Skyrim at higher resolution any day of the week.

What's Apple got to do with anything? I dumped gaming on PC for gaming on console because it has greater reliability at an aforementioned "I don't give a shit" loss of clarity. I dumped PC for work because flaky, BSoD Windows sucks arse and Linux-powered OS X is rock-solid and far more capable of multi-tasking, along with significantly better and cheaper software.

My $350 2007 PS3 and $2000 2009 iMac are significantly cheaper, see far greater use and have lasted far longer than my $3500 2009 PC upgrade, sans screen, mouse, keyboard, speakers etc that I already owned. PC zealots often cite the cost of Apple hardware and being locked into a walled-garden as an issue, but I've seen nothing but benefits from this approach - you buy an app at next to nothing, fire it up and it works. No crashing, no hanging, no hard reboots, no tweaking...shit just works because of the limited array of hardware it needs to run on, not a billion and one custom system configurations.

High-end PC ownership is far more expensive than console / Apple - aside from losing mountains of time due to sucky, inefficient, incapable Windows, spending less money is why I made the move. I loved building and tinkering with uber-powered PCs, but I couldn't get enough out of them to justify the exorbitant cost and steep devaluation of being on the bleeding edge.

INTJ

I was a hardcore PC gamer and dumped tens of thousands on hardware over the years. The biggest problem was I spent more time getting games to work on PC than playing the fucking things! Got me a console, popped in a disc and whaddayaknow...it just worked.
    half the fun of pc gaming is tweaking stuff and fixing it if causes a issue.

it's how game devs are made.

illegal in 9 countries

half the fun frustration of pc gaming is tweaking stuff and fixing it if causes a issue.
    Fixed that for you.

#hashtag

Fixed that for you.

Look at all that frustration man!!!!

illegal in 9 countries

Look at all that frustration man!!!!
    Quake 1. Nuff said.

Feel free to tweak the nuts off your PC. I'll be spending the limited time I have available for gaming to, you know, play games.

INTJ

Quake 1. Nuff said.

Feel free to tweak the nuts off your PC. I'll be spending the limited time I have available for gaming to, you know, play games.
    and ill be spending my time making the game act how i want and playing a better version

illegal in 9 countries

and ill be spending my time making the game act how i want and playing a better version
    I thought you didn't care about graphics...ironic much? It's the same core experience, regardless of platform, with diminishing returns on PC. By that I mean, is the difference between 95% and 100% really worth the time or money invested to play it on PC? For me, not any more. That's why I'm pumped about Steam Machines - PC gaming without the hassle.

Games are a disposable form of entertainment and with the amount of competition these days, few of us attach ourselves to specific titles for any length of time. I'd rather get in, play the game, ditch it and move on than waste time making it look "the shit", or modding it, and never play it again.

INTJ

I thought you didn't care about graphics...ironic much?
    when talking about Pc gaming tweaks, i mean Gameplay tweaks. Graphical is only secondary.

for example: skyrim is one of the shittiest RPG's ever made. PC Mods fix almost every single problem while making it look better.

for some gameplay changes to work, you need better hardware then the recommended settings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast