Ryse from your grave - Ryse coming to PC

This is a discussion on Ryse from your grave - Ryse coming to PC within the PC forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; Ryse: Son of Rome is coming to PC | Crytek Ryse: Son of Rome, is coming to PC this Fall. ...

INTJ

Ryse from your grave - Ryse coming to PC

Ryse: Son of Rome is coming to PC | Crytek

Ryse: Son of Rome, is coming to PC this Fall. While Crytek will publish the game on digital channels, they will collaborate with the co-publishing partner Deep Silver for the boxed version distribution to retail stores. In addition, all of the Ryse: Son of Rome DLC packages that have been created and released since launch will be included in the PC version.

“We are bringing the Ryse experience to PC, with 4K resolution support,” says Carl Jones, Director of Business Development at Crytek. “4K gaming is another leap in graphics quality for PC gamers and Ryse is the perfect showcase for what’s now possible in high-end PC games. We’ve given our team the opportunity to show what CRYENGINE can really achieve, without compromising quality, thanks to the incredible hardware available now to PC gamers. Ryse will be a benchmark PC graphics showcase this year and probably for a long time in future. Our community asked for a Ryse PC version, and we have the means and technology to deliver this title with the highest quality possible.

The PC version of Ryse will come with bonus material originally released as downloadable content, including: The Colosseum Pack containing two character skins and two Arena maps; the Mars’ Chosen Pack containing one new character skin, four Arena maps, and the new Survival mode; the Duel of Fates Pack containing two character skins, two Arena maps, and one additional Survival map; and the Morituri Pack, with three new Arena maps, two Survival maps, and five solo Arena maps. Finally, PC players will also have instant access to the Ruins multiplayer map and the “Legionnaire’s Trust” sword initially released as part of a special edition of the game.

if you can get over the QTE bullshit its actually a decent game with a decent story. Easily the best looking game in the current console gen despite being rendered at 900p on xb1 (Cryengine is a really good engine and it shows).

would not buy it at 60$ though, wait till it's 20-30.

also crytek lied. but thats probably because it's part of the deal Deep Silver has with crytek to get rid of their sinking ship.

PRO Member

Ryse coming to PS4. Then we'll talk. At least until D4 comes out and I'm forced to try an xb1.

Fight the Future

I'm gonna sue Crytek for false advertising.

The game is terrible anyways, I really wouldn't recommend picking it up.

Carpe Diem

You're better of just watching the cutscenes on Youtube

Big thanks to Bladia for awesome sig
    "Unfortunately the Nazi's don't play cricket - if they did, we wouldn't be on opposite sides now."

Resident PHD

This is one of the major problems with xbox. Most of their exclusives go multi-plat eventually. At least with Nintendo and Sony when you buy an exclusive it is probably always going to be an exclusive.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Kiwi Defender

So Crytek is back to testing PC limits, eh? Not bad, seeing how that's what made them successful at first.

That aside, how many exclusives does that leave for the Xbox One ?

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Let Me Watch

Amazing graphics, but other than that the game is complete trash. Not even worth a rent.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

"Gunnin', hummin', comin' atcha, first I'm gonna getcha once I gotcha I gatcha"

Lvl 7 - Gold

Garbage game lol. I wont buy it on steam even if its $5.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    So Crytek is back to testing PC limits, eh? Not bad, seeing how that's what made them successful at first.

That aside, how many exclusives does that leave for the Xbox One ?
    all the good ones (except DR3) are still XB1 only

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    So they're only left with Forza.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    So which ones are those? Titanfall is the big one they were promoting and that is pc as well. Then of course there is Forza5's amazing graphics

At work we counted a particular spot and the same person was used 7 different times and another 4 on the other side of the track

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

La Mano de Dios

Maybe that move from Crytek has something to do with this:

The Xbox One launch title Ryse: Son of Rome will be coming to the PC. This is following a year where Crytek has seen poor sales and been forced to lay off employees and sell its UK studio. The developer is currently not happy with sales of the Xbox One and is waiting for sales to pick up for the 8th generation consoles before announcing a sequel.
    "Ryse is our IP. We do what we want to do with the future of Ryse. This is important," said Crytek boss Cervat Yerli in an interview with Eurogamer. "We are not 100 percent happy with Xbox One sales right now. So we want to wait till the current gen and next gen catches up."

"For Ryse 2, we aren’t saying it’s cancelled. It’s our IP. It just has to wait for the right timing. And the right timing means higher installed base across next-gen," Yerli added.
    Source: Ryse Developer Crytek Not Happy with Xbox One Sales - VGChartz