PS All Stars __/10 Rating and Why?

This is a discussion on PS All Stars __/10 Rating and Why? within the PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale forum, part of the P; If you could give PS All Stars a rating out of 10 and tell us why would be grateful. Thought ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

PS All Stars __/10 Rating and Why?

If you could give PS All Stars a rating out of 10 and tell us why would be grateful.

Thought stuff it and pre-ordered on the PS Store, tell us what you think

NCBE

I would give it a 10/10 because it has a very similar style to SSB, which was a very great game. If you or anyone else liked the SSB series, that's why you should be grateful for this.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Thanks for your input

Any other opinions?

Change is good

_/10 because I have yet to play it.

I would give the beta a good 6.5/10 though.

*insert Latin phrase*

A good 9/10. It's awesome, but the Arcade still screens with VOs feel cliche and lazy and the menus are kind of dull. Still, I'm loving it.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel! Vote on my Playstation Grandmasterpiece HERE!

I'm back...kinda

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalman123 View Post
    A good 9/10. It's awesome, but the Arcade still screens with VOs feel cliche and lazy and the menus are kind of dull. Still, I'm loving it.
    Pretty much my same complaints with SP. Online is smooth which is rare for a fighting game lol but occasionally I have encountered bugs like getting a different character than the one I picked. Also everyone picks Kratos, Raiden and Dante online but that's fighting games for you.
    Overall I give this one a 9/10 as it's so much fun.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

9/10 I'm loving it so far but the Kratos/Sackboy players piss me off...

Drake player btw
    Lanza Del Relampago

Lvl 1 - Bronze

8.5 for me. The Arcade mode is disappointing with the weird cut scenes. The menus are dull but that's no big deal. I wish there were more modes. All this has is online and arcade. Smash Bros (I hate comparing it to smash but...) has the story, classic, boss rush, that neat survival mode. All-Stars feels like it's missing something to me. Still its an extremely fun game and the online will keep me playing for months, maybe years to come.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Hopeful of it becoming a 10, hopeful of more characters, Majority is PS B Stars

Resident PHD

For me it is 9/10. It surpasses Smash Bros as I feel all the characters have a unique playing style so you are getting a true 19 different characters (evil and good cole are the same character ).

Smash might have more characters, but more doesn't mean better.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

INTJ

6/10

The Game is a decent build, it doesn't hide the fact it takes "inspiration" from Smash bros, but instead of having a unique gameplay feel, they just took gameplay from digimon to subsitute for brawls Stock/Flying-off-the-map gameplay. This result is very boring gameplay where someone can just camp a area to build up powerups then wipe off the map when they reach level 2/3.

There is 20 characters, 10% of it is one character x2. except for a few different moves every now and then and their Level 3 Ultimate abilities every character is virtually the same moveset. They all share the same animation at some points (The best example is the falling to their knees and to the ground animation), All have the same Jump speed and heights, and more. This also leads to boring matches, whats the point when all the characters almost feel exactly the same?

The Levels range from Cool to fucking boring. It felt like they built most of them for a generic fighter then tried to put a party game on it. I like the Uncharted level simply due to it expanding from a small level to a gigantic level almost instantly but after that the gameplay just leads it back to boring land. I don't see what they were thinking going "Hey lets throw two random games at each other to see what happens!" Why the fuck would i want to see master onion grow a enormous size and decide to fight something that breaks the art style of the level? Why didn't they just make each game a level instead of combining two games together? You could of made something cool like The uncharted plane crashing into the desert and having to fight there, You could of had a Level where the patapons fights you on the sidelines with randomized units every time the levels load. LBP level that can be randomly built from premade objects instead of the same thing over and over again. You could of done alot of awesome things. Don't bring in the "But that would make the maps unbalanced!" shit, You can turn off map hazards in the options.

The Singleplayer is fucking retarded. They could of done something cool like the Subspace emissiary or even a simple batshit arcade story mode like SSB did. Nope, a cutscene at the beginning, fighting a few generic battles that you could just play in multiplayer, then You play "Beat the Fighting Wireframes clones then play Smack the Polygon man pinata"

I tried to play this with friends and we were bored in 20 minutes. The only thing we liked was parappa's Level 3 (unfortunately, we couldn't believe).

This game is essentially feeding off Playstation fan nostalgia while forcefeeding marketing down your throat (HEY WE THREW RAIDEN, NEW DANTE, AND BIG DADDY IN THE GAME. MAKE SURE YOU BUY MGR, DMC, AND INFINITE!) Without doing anything unique. This game is essentially D.O.A and i would be surprised if there's a big following of any kind involving it unless they fix alot of gameplay issues (then again, sony has a way of building up tiny ass niche fanbases that blindly defend it). Too bad they hired Seth Killian and ruined any hopes of making it fun.

i haven't seen a single site ever talk about it besides 4chan, and all they do is rip it apart even more.

Bringing the PAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    6/10

The Game is a decent build, it doesn't hide the fact it takes "inspiration" from Smash bros, but instead of having a unique gameplay feel, they just took gameplay from digimon to subsitute for brawls Stock/Flying-off-the-map gameplay. This result is very boring gameplay where someone can just camp a area to build up powerups then wipe off the map when they reach level 2/3.

There is 20 characters, 10% of it is one character x2. except for a few different moves every now and then and their Level 3 Ultimate abilities every character is virtually the same moveset. They all share the same animation at some points (The best example is the falling to their knees and to the ground animation), All have the same Jump speed and heights, and more. This also leads to boring matches, whats the point when all the characters almost feel exactly the same?

The Levels range from Cool to fucking boring. It felt like they built most of them for a generic fighter then tried to put a party game on it. I like the Uncharted level simply due to it expanding from a small level to a gigantic level almost instantly but after that the gameplay just leads it back to boring land. I don't see what they were thinking going "Hey lets throw two random games at each other to see what happens!" Why the fuck would i want to see master onion grow a enormous size and decide to fight something that breaks the art style of the level? Why didn't they just make each game a level instead of combining two games together? You could of made something cool like The uncharted plane crashing into the desert and having to fight there, You could of had a Level where the patapons fights you on the sidelines with randomized units every time the levels load. LBP level that can be randomly built from premade objects instead of the same thing over and over again. You could of done alot of awesome things. Don't bring in the "But that would make the maps unbalanced!" shit, You can turn off map hazards in the options.

The Singleplayer is fucking retarded. They could of done something cool like the Subspace emissiary or even a simple batshit arcade story mode like SSB did. Nope, a cutscene at the beginning, fighting a few generic battles that you could just play in multiplayer, then You play "Beat the Fighting Wireframes clones then play Smack the Polygon man pinata"

I tried to play this with friends and we were bored in 20 minutes. The only thing we liked was parappa's Level 3 (unfortunately, we couldn't believe).

This game is essentially feeding off Playstation fan nostalgia while forcefeeding marketing down your throat (HEY WE THREW RAIDEN, NEW DANTE, AND BIG DADDY IN THE GAME. MAKE SURE YOU BUY MGR, DMC, AND INFINITE!) Without doing anything unique. This game is essentially D.O.A and i would be surprised if there's a big following of any kind involving it unless they fix alot of gameplay issues (then again, sony has a way of building up tiny ass niche fanbases that blindly defend it). Too bad they hired Seth Killian and ruined any hopes of making it fun.

i haven't seen a single site ever talk about it besides 4chan, and all they do is rip it apart even more.
    4chan talks about the game? What is this? Smash Brothers?

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'd have to give it a 7/10.

The story mode is weak as well as the final boss. However, the online play is great with not much lag in my experience, which is more than what can be said about SSBB. There's just not much to do in single player. Playing against the computer is boring, as the AI offers not much of a challenge. At first I found myself wishing this game played like super smash bros melee, but it's kind of grown on me.

CMN
    PS4 - Christmas 2014

*said from nintendo fanboy

Based on what I have seen from trailers, I will give it a Super Smash Brothers out of 10.

Really, really great smash brothers.

Sig and Avatar from one of the Elite, Dare
    WWE Favorite TEN (Active Performers, Updated Every Week) - Bad News Barrett, Bray Wyatt, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Bo Dallas, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Sami Zayn, Luke Harper, Cesaro

Currently Playing/Working On: Call of Duty Ghosts (Xbox One/360), NBA 2K14 (Xbox One), Killzone 2 (PS3), Remember Me (PS3), WWE 2K14 (PS3)

Prayer Warrior

i'll give it a 8/10

there's enough there to make it a good stand alone fighter. of course you can pick certain characters and button mash till your hearts content but there are characters you can pick that you can really take the time to learn their moves and become a force to be reckoned with. online is stellar. a very solid experience online and i'm happy with that. i would like a little more variety for the SP modes. a tourney mode would be a nice addition. but i would highly recommend this title to ANYONE!!!! i'm still pumping many hours into this title post plat and i'm loving it.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 9 - Gold

7.5/10

Pros: Lots of fun
    Isn't just button mashing
    Great online and offline
    Stages are well designed

Cons: Needs more characters
    Lack of modes
    | Signature and avatar by dsluckay| Platbar by Wadefan1 |

Lvl 3 - Bronze

7/10 Havent played it but it looks good

The Bushiest Pig

I would give it an 8.5/10. The online is VERY fun but you can have trouble getting into a match. Also, there could be a few other game modes ..... maybe something like a "Boss Battle" mode where one of the characters is overly large and takes a lot of damage. Other than that, they need to add some more characters and take out Fat Princess she sucks.
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection