Sony Says That They Are Happy With PS All-Stars Sales

This is a discussion on Sony Says That They Are Happy With PS All-Stars Sales within the PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale forum, part of the P; News from the UK indicates that PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita is selling very poorly. ...

PRO Member

Sony Says That They Are Happy With PS All-Stars Sales

News from the UK indicates that PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita is selling very poorly. Sources such as Gamasutra note that the game placed 38th out of 40 games, in order of sales, in its opening week.

However, these numbers struck me as somewhat unfair for two reasons. For starters, All-Stars launched in the UK on November 23rd. Weekly sales ceased being counted on November 24th. But perhaps the bigger issue is that All-Stars was also available digitally day one for both PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita, and digital downloads are becoming a popular option for PlayStation gamers, especially on the latter platform.

Then again, maybe All-Stars really isn’t selling well. I wanted to get to the bottom of it, so I reached out to Sony to see if they’d comment. When I inquired about rumors of lagging sales for All-Stars, a representative told me that “Sales are right on target with expectations and we are happy with them.”

Of course, what those expectations are remain to be seen, but Sony being “happy” with All-Stars sales so far illustrates a different picture than what the limited data from the UK charts shows. The only other evidence we have to work with is anecdotal: the game is buzzing on PSN and, at least on IGN, it’s also hugely popular.

We’ll have to wait for November NPD numbers, as well as fuller numbers from Europe, before painting the full picture of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale’s success (or lack thereof).

So is Sony just bullshitting us or are they actually happy with the sales of All-Stars???? I guess we will find out.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/27/playstation-all-stars-sales-are-right-on-target

Sig by Bladia

Gargantua

Really want to see what their expectation was. Haven't bought the game though so my money is not included sadly. Hopefully have the chance to get this game in the near future.

Kid, not loser

Well, I'm happy about my purchase so I hope they are happy about the sales.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Lvl 8 - Gold

i haven't seen a single person on my friends list playing this,and i dont plan on buying it.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Games released on the week of Black Friday are going to have the scales heavily weighed against them. There are going to be a lot of gamers who hold off on purchasing a new $60 game that week, when for the same price they could likely score 2-3 fairly new (if not near brand spanking new) releases for the same price.

This was brought up in many places as being a potential harmful influence on the sales of the game when it got delayed originally. It would have been more prudent for the game to come out a week earlier, or maybe even a week later, if it was going to attempt to make a major splash on the "debut" sales charts.

People who read overly much into debut week sales are the same type who let reviews shape their thoughts - individuals who have trouble formulating individual opinions. This game is going to sell well enough and easily be one of Sony's stronger first party titles in the months to come, and with DLC characters, patches to fix balancing and stability issues, and the countless plethora of in-game epic matches that are going to be flooding social media sites in uploaded droves - the game will have buzz long after it's "poor debut week sales."

Recently, IGN has been pulling it's articles for not presenting an unbiased or fair stance on it's reviews. Sadly this article seems to have been missed out on by the editorial department and presents, an albeit true set of sales figures, a short sighted and somewhat uneducated take on why the sales are as they're being reported (albeit the 1 day in EU of release was a solid point, it's only one color in a colorful box of crayons that are needed to properly report the case).

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    Games released on the week of Black Friday are going to have the scales heavily weighed against them. There are going to be a lot of gamers who hold off on purchasing a new $60 game that week, when for the same price they could likely score 2-3 fairly new (if not near brand spanking new) releases for the same price.

This was brought up in many places as being a potential harmful influence on the sales of the game when it got delayed originally. It would have been more prudent for the game to come out a week earlier, or maybe even a week later, if it was going to attempt to make a major splash on the "debut" sales charts.

People who read overly much into debut week sales are the same type who let reviews shape their thoughts - individuals who have trouble formulating individual opinions. This game is going to sell well enough and easily be one of Sony's stronger first party titles in the months to come, and with DLC characters, patches to fix balancing and stability issues, and the countless plethora of in-game epic matches that are going to be flooding social media sites in uploaded droves - the game will have buzz long after it's "poor debut week sales."

Recently, IGN has been pulling it's articles for not presenting an unbiased or fair stance on it's reviews. Sadly this article seems to have been missed out on by the editorial department and presents, an albeit true set of sales figures, a short sighted and somewhat uneducated take on why the sales are as they're being reported (albeit the 1 day in EU of release was a solid point, it's only one color in a colorful box of crayons that are needed to properly report the case).
    I really hope that it does end up being one of their stronger games. The sad thing is, nobody I know in real life has a copy. Granted I live in a fairly small town, but still. If I bring the game up around my friends they have no idea what I am talking about which is sad. I hope the game is picking up steam outside of where I live. I 'm going to pick it up soon too. I loved the beta.

Sig by Bladia

Angel of Death

I'm not sure how well this game will do, but I don't expect more than 2 million life time sales, and even that feels a bit generous.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I think they actually happy with the sales of All-Stars.

*insert Latin phrase*

The game seems to have had a lot of digital downloaders, so I'm guessing those make up the happy part.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel! Vote on my Playstation Grandmasterpiece HERE!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Well I got this game for free so I can not complain about it. free + plat = happiness

Sig by kid420247

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Austine View Post
    I think they actually happy with the sales of All-Stars.
    What the fuck? Spammers getting smarter by the day.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

It's a great game. I'm thrilled that buying it for PS3 gave me a digital copy for my Vita. Got them on sale for $29!

The One and Only

I might get this game, but I'm sure it's sales will continue to improve as the months go by if Sony continues to work on patches, DLC, and maybe even some sweet deals with it.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist back in contruction!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle and Bladia, currently taking requests!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by EatMoreCheese View Post
    It's a great game. I'm thrilled that buying it for PS3 gave me a digital copy for my Vita. Got them on sale for $29!
    I dont really want the game, but if I can find it cheap enough Ill get it since you get the Vita version with it...

Lvl 5 - Silver

I got it today for only $29.99 - Honestly I was wary about getting it for full retail price - and I'm happy I got it. I hope Sony isn't feeding us lies and that the game really is doing fine.
    "Those who do not show respect will receive none in kind."

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Im extremely proud of my purchase of playstation all-stars.