Patch 1.02 adds Medusa's head, fixes bugs and nerfs Sackboy

This is a discussion on Patch 1.02 adds Medusa's head, fixes bugs and nerfs Sackboy within the PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale forum, part of the P; Superbot has announced that the first patch for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is coming early next week. According to Superbot’s ...

Retired

Patch 1.02 adds Medusa's head, fixes bugs and nerfs Sackboy

Superbot has announced that the first patch for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is coming early next week. According to Superbot’s official Tumblr, the patch will add a new item called Medusa’s Gaze (presumably from God of War) as well as a number of bug fixes.
    The following bug fixes will be applied:

• View Invites has been added to the Party Bar Menu
    • Voice chat icon added to loading screens
    • AI logic enhancements
    Superbot also detailed the following network performance improvements:

• Issue where players were stuck with a different character than the one picked has been addressed
    • Issue with matchmaking in regards to player skill has been addressed
    • Overall improvements to network connectivity

Superbot will also make major changes to Sackboy, including increasing the cost of each of his Super attacks (level 1 will increase from 100 to 150 AP, level 2 will increase from 325 to 400 AP and level 3 will increase from 600 to 750 AP). Sackboy’s Jam Session (neutral Triangle) will also have its AP generation reduced from 25 to 10, while Cakeinator (neutral Circle) will be reduced from 25 to 20.
    Superbot concluded the post by thanking fans for their feedback. “We’ll continue to closely monitor the data coming in as players online continue to kick-punch-chop their way through the leaderboards,” wrote community manager Daniel ‘Clockw0rk’ Maniago. “We ask that you keep tweeting, posting, and discussing ways that your experience with the game can be improved.”
    First PlayStation All-Stars Patch Next Week - IGN

Personally, I love that they've added a patch that fixes things (and adds a new item) just a week after the game gets released.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

I'm kind of shocked to see Sackboy be the first to get the nerf bat beating. Don't get me wrong, he's definitely a top tier character and one that was extremely overpowered (his lvl 3 is pretty much guaranteed win), but he also has a fairly high learning curve and is one of the more difficult characters to master. For the general gaming public, this just really hurts the people who have no clue how to play as him by hiding in a corner and spamming projectiles and his AP generation move - and those people were easy to deal with if you knew what you were doing.

I think that the next to get the nerf bat is likely Sly - since he is not hard to be spammy with, and is another one of the characters that you really dread going up against.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Prayer Warrior

i hope this is a sign of things to come and the post launch love they plan on showing this title. i'm hoping for tons of dlc. extra fighters and stages galore.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Resident PHD

Whew good thing I got the plat already and didn't have to use a nerfed Sackboy to do it.

I am glad they are fixing the Character Changing bug. That was annoying when you picked someone, only to play as someone else.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

I'm back...kinda

I like all these changes, Sackboy really needed to be nerfed as now that lame tatic won't work as well.

Retired

IMO from what I've played in the Beta, Kratos should be nerfed.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Honestly I never had that much problem against people playing as Sackboy but even the changes didn't hurt him too much.

Happy to see the random online character switching get addressed THAT was annoying.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I just finished playing, and I had the random character switching bug happen to me. Is it patched for Vita yet? Because that's how I'm playing the game. And I tried Sackboy for the first time, and he seems super powerful to me right now... so I can't imagine how strong he was before the nerf.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by anthonybrothers View Post
    I just finished playing, and I had the random character switching bug happen to me. Is it patched for Vita yet? Because that's how I'm playing the game. And I tried Sackboy for the first time, and he seems super powerful to me right now... so I can't imagine how strong he was before the nerf.
    The patch is coming this week, it's not out yet.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Thank the lord they're nerfing Sacksh*t...
    Lanza Del Relampago