Next Up For “Balancing” in PlayStation All-Stars? Drake, Raiden, and Kratos

This is a discussion on Next Up For “Balancing” in PlayStation All-Stars? Drake, Raiden, and Kratos within the PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale forum, part of the P; If you’ve played any amount of PlayStation All-Star’s ranked FFA mode then you’ve probably noticed a trend – it’s hard ...

Prayer Warrior

Next Up For “Balancing” in PlayStation All-Stars? Drake, Raiden, and Kratos

If you’ve played any amount of PlayStation All-Star’s ranked FFA mode then you’ve probably noticed a trend – it’s hard to find a single match without a Kratos or a Raiden – despite the game’s 20 character roster. Kratos and Raiden are nearly universally considered “overpowered” so many will be happy to hear that Battle Royale‘s lead game designer Omar Kendall has confirmed in a live chat with DualShockers that SuperBot Entertainment’s current “focus on balance” seems to be: Nathan Drake, Raiden, and Kratos.

Other interesting details emerged as well:

• Fat Princess is “by far” the least used character (Kratos is most commonly chosen.)
    • Sackboy’s nerf “isn’t sent in stone” and was being developed before PlayStation All-Stars even released.
    • SuperBot is looking into ranked 1v1 matches along with a timer option for the stock and kill limit modes.
    How does everyone feel about all of this? I’m thrilled about Raiden, and Kratos potentially being nerfed, and ranked 1v1 matches would be a real nice break from the chaotic action that is FFA, but I’m weary of Nathan Drake being tampered with. What do you feel SuperBot needs to change in order to properly balance PlayStation All-Stars?

Next Up For "Balancing" in PlayStation All-Stars? Drake, Raiden, and Kratos

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Trophies soon.

Kratos definitely needs a nerfed, with Raiden most Raiden's online suck just though I feel his level 2 should get a little nerfed as it seems to be better than his level 3. Nathan Drake seems fine but I admit they are annoying to fight as all they do is jump and throw that barrel.

Resident PHD

Poor Fat Princess. I will need to use her more to get her stats up

I actually think she is a much better character than Sir Daniel. I was so excited they put him in the game, and he turned out to be the worst character (in my opinion anyways)

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Fighting games that focus on "nerfs" as opposed to "buffs", in my opinion go about it the completely wrong way. I would rather that instead of attempting to weaken characters, that they find ways to change the ones that aren't being used so that they get bumped up.

The main reason I enjoy playing as Kratos, Raiden, and Dante is because they feel like fighting game characters. Their combos are fluid, their move set flows together, and despite having some lackluster supers, have the ability to make up for it in their AP gain.

Of course the developers aren't going to get good feedback for people like Sir Dan, Fat Princess, or other lower tier characters. They're not fun to play as. My friend who convinced me to buy this game (who is a self-proclaimed SSB junky) was dead set on having Sir Daniel be his number one go to guy. He got him to about 350, and is pretty damn decent with him. Despite his skill, he still loses a disparaging amount of his games. After a few days, he lost his desire to play the game because of horrible balancing issues and close to half the roster being clunky or close to useless.

I find that whenever you go down the path of nerfing everything, eventually you are left with a game that is unfun for everybody, and instead of people enjoying playing as the characters they like, and find new ones, you have your play style changed in a detrimental way and your left with more crappy players than you started with. I expected better of Superbot at this point, but they seem to be making the same mistakes that hurt games of this ilk.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I was kind of suprised that this game doesnt have any ranked 1 on 1 matches. Hopefully that changes. Kratos has some sick range, but I actually don't do to bad against him online. I think because every kratos i've played does the exact same thing.