Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Assassin's Creed III Boxart Revealed

This is a discussion on Assassin's Creed III Boxart Revealed within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Originally Posted by vettes_4-ever The American Revolution was basically a rag-tag militia defeating the greatest military and navy of the ...

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by vettes_4-ever View Post
    The American Revolution was basically a rag-tag militia defeating the greatest military and navy of the day. That's a pretty inspiring story there. That time period may not have the architecture of Renaissance Italy, but it was a (mostly) unblemished landscape thick with wildlife. The beauty of that possible setting is enough.
    It's not interesting for an Ass Creed story, though. The idea of having a hidden-bladewielding dude running around killing armed guys who can blow his head with a single shot makes less sense than all the other 3 games put together (including Desmond using one in his time), and the wildlife setting isn't like Ass Creed at all, so most likely, they won't even introduce it, for it doesn't offer the free-roam landscape known in Ass Creed (which consists of a bucnh of buildings you can climb).

And while you are right about them fighting the greatest Navy in the world and one of the strongest armies, that surely won't even be part of the game.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'm curious if the character is a native american. I can't tell from the leaked image.

Good News, Everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    It's not interesting for an Ass Creed story, though. The idea of having a hidden-bladewielding dude running around killing armed guys who can blow his head with a single shot makes less sense than all the other 3 games put together (including Desmond using one in his time), and the wildlife setting isn't like Ass Creed at all, so most likely, they won't even introduce it, for it doesn't offer the free-roam landscape known in Ass Creed (which consists of a bucnh of buildings you can climb).

And while you are right about them fighting the greatest Navy in the world and one of the strongest armies, that surely won't even be part of the game.
    That is a good point about the structures, as there weren't many tall buildings like in Italy in the earlier games. This could have some drawbacks (viewpoints at low elevation... yawn). Maybe your character can finally climb trees

Suspended

That is a good point about the structures, as there weren't many tall buildings like in Italy in the earlier games. This could have some drawbacks (viewpoints at low elevation... yawn). Maybe your character can finally climb trees
    While a nice idea, I doubt that'd happen. I can see too many issues creating a dependable and working tree-climbing environment lol.

Resident PHD

The American Revolution was basically a rag-tag militia defeating the greatest military and navy of the day. That's a pretty inspiring story there. That time period may not have the architecture of Renaissance Italy, but it was a (mostly) unblemished landscape thick with wildlife. The beauty of that possible setting is enough.
    Um you are forgetting a lot of history there. The Americans had no chance of winning if France hadn't stepped in and save them.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Good News, Everyone!

I guess we'll just have to hope for something along those lines. After all, there was some guerrilla warfare going on back then... Imaging the stealth kills.

And yes Mayus, we did have a ton of help. France benefited from the alliance with what would become the U.S. as well.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Um you are forgetting a lot of history there. The Americans had no chance of winning if France hadn't stepped in and save them.
    If I recall correctly, the Spanish fleet also helped a little.

*insert Latin phrase*

George Washington an assassin? That'd be cool. Course he and the Apple of Eden...

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel! Vote on my Playstation Grandmasterpiece HERE!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Enough bickering about the setting! Honestly, If Ubisoft were smart enough to pull off this amazing series in the ways they have, and introduce us to history in this captivating way, what makes you think that just because some of you are displeased with the setting, it will be any short of amazing as the previous titles?

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Recon_1331 View Post
    what makes you think that just because some of you are displeased with the setting, it will be any short of amazing as the previous titles?
    *Nagflar looks at Prince of Persia games, Ass Creed: Bro and Ass Creed: Rev.

Experience.

PRO Member

as we know Desmond is in america......... so of course if 3 is gonna set foot in america - im hoping they could show how or when Assassin's Started(migrated) to america........

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Experience.
    At then end of the day then it just comes down to your own personal opinion and what you want out of the game. I personally enjoyed Brotherhood, and will eventually get to Revelations.

Prince of Persia from '08 wasn't in any way good in my opinion, besides being a very beautiful looking game, but that doesn't mean that if they make a new one, I'm going to assume it just sucks because I didn't like the '08 one.

I have faith in Ubisoft, as they have been seperately working on AC3 for the past 3 years. Yes, it will be a tough time to work with, but they pretty much bent around some history when creating the franchise in the first place, so it wouldn't be hard to just add a few minor things, to keep the original formula of the game.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Oh yeah. Assassinate someone by throwing a tomahawk at their head. That's gonna be AWESOME!

Originally Posted by Recon_1331

what makes you think that just because some of you are displeased with the setting, it will be any short of amazing as the previous titles?

Experience.
    This was a LMFAO moment
    Avy created by Beam and kid420247

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Recon_1331 View Post
    At then end of the day then it just comes down to your own personal opinion and what you want out of the game. I personally enjoyed Brotherhood, and will eventually get to Revelations.

Prince of Persia from '08 wasn't in any way good in my opinion, besides being a very beautiful looking game, but that doesn't mean that if they make a new one, I'm going to assume it just sucks because I didn't like the '08 one.

I have faith in Ubisoft, as they have been seperately working on AC3 for the past 3 years. Yes, it will be a tough time to work with, but they pretty much bent around some history when creating the franchise in the first place, so it wouldn't be hard to just add a few minor things, to keep the original formula of the game.
    I enjoyed Brotherhood, but the gameplay was repetitive and the setting was Renaissance setting was starting to lose it's brightness. Then I played revelations for a couple of hours (if not less) and found the new city to be less eye-catching, albeit very well done, specially since the buildins were still very similar to those found in the other Ass Creed games. Sadly, the buildings and the overall feel of this new setting doesn't sound like Ass Creed and I doubt it'll look like Ass Creed. Add the repetitive gameplay that you had in Ass Creed: Rev and Brotherhood, and you've got yourself a less interesting game.

Spending a lot of time producing something doesn't mean it'll be good or work well, though. Just look at Duke Nukem: Forever.

I also have little to no faith in Ubisoft, specially due to the Prince of Persia series.

Resident PHD

I enjoyed Brotherhood, but the gameplay was repetitive and the setting was Renaissance setting was starting to lose it's brightness. Then I played revelations for a couple of hours (if not less) and found the new city to be less eye-catching, albeit very well done, specially since the buildins were still very similar to those found in the other Ass Creed games. Sadly, the buildings and the overall feel of this new setting doesn't sound like Ass Creed and I doubt it'll look like Ass Creed. Add the repetitive gameplay that you had in Ass Creed: Rev and Brotherhood, and you've got yourself a less interesting game.

Spending a lot of time producing something doesn't mean it'll be good or work well, though. Just look at Duke Nukem: Forever.

I also have little to no faith in Ubisoft, specially due to the Prince of Persia series.
    I agree with Nag on this one. People praise the AC games so much but the game is extremely repetitive and it scares me that people think the story is good. The story is complete drivel (well at least AC 1 and 2 are I have not played the rest). The problem is that in Videogames there are so few good stories that anything that isn't brain dead passes for brilliant.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    I agree with Nag on this one. People praise the AC games so much but the game is extremely repetitive and it scares me that people think the story is good. The story is complete drivel (well at least AC 1 and 2 are I have not played the rest). The problem is that in Videogames there are so few good stories that anything that isn't brain dead passes for brilliant.
    You want to know whats even worst, they compare the AC story to MGS epic story . Btw the box art looks awesome, this is a AC game I will pay $60 for, still waiting until Revelations goes down to $20.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Awesome91 View Post
    You want to know whats even worst, they compare the AC story to MGS epic story . Btw the box art looks awesome, this is a AC game I will pay $60 for, still waiting until Revelations goes down to $20.
    They are compared because both contain far-fetched stories. MGS is great, but it's not flawless (specially story-wise, just look at MGS2), and while Ass Creed isn't on-par with MGS, it still has more than enough to offer an enjoyable and well-done storyline (albeit a far-fetched one).

Regional Manager of War

They are compared because both contain far-fetched stories. MGS is great, but it's not flawless (specially story-wise, just look at MGS2), and while Ass Creed isn't on-par with MGS, it still has more than enough to offer an enjoyable and well-done storyline (albeit a far-fetched one).
    Now that makes alot of sense . As for AC gameplay it is fun to play but like any other open world title can get a bit repetitive in terms of gameplay, most of them offer a solid 20-40 hours of enjoyability. I'm just glad they are using a new setting this time.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by AWC2009 View Post
    I have a feeling that Benjamin Franklin designed the hidden blade.
    did ben franklin also invent the time machine

Lvl 2 - Bronze

canīt really see a assassins creed game without a hidden blade. it is THE weapon of an assassin even if we are in 2011 with desmond miles. all the other assassins though time used it. and how does the story came from altaïr too ezio to this new assassin. to desmond. how did it happen. and if there is not like some big things to climb. then it is not assassins creed. an assassin not using a hiddenblade. not having a hiddengun under his arm. but in his hand. in sharpe of an handgun.

i got these ideas of the boxart
    we play on the ps3 too collect trophies nothing is true everything is permitted We are trophy hunters
    working on getting in: Saints Row the third.

platbar "out of date"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast