Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Battlefield 3 Expansion Packs to Be Released!

This is a discussion on Battlefield 3 Expansion Packs to Be Released! within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; EA have announced that they will be releasing three expansion pack add-ons. The first pack will be released June 2012 ...

It's All Spandex!

Battlefield 3 Expansion Packs to Be Released!

EA have announced that they will be releasing three expansion pack add-ons. The first pack will be released June 2012 and the remaining two packs will be released this autumn and winter.

• Battlefield 3: Close Quarters – This will be the first pack to be released this June. In Battlefield 3: Close Quarters, players are dropped into a frantic, infantry-only theatre of war. Frostbite 2 high definition destruction makes the environment come alive as everything from furniture to plaster gets shot to pieces. Players will feel the intensity of the world exploding around them as rubble and broken pieces pile up on the floor, while tight level design and vertical gameplay create a highly competitive environment. Battlefield 3: Close Quarters also introduces new weapons, assignments and unique dog tags to bring back to the base game.

• Battlefield 3: Armored Kill – This will be the second pack and is due to be released in autumn. Following the tight infantry gameplay of Battlefield 3: Close Quarters, DICE will release Battlefield 3: Armored Kill that ups the ante for vehicular mayhem as only Battlefield can do. Featuring new driveable tanks, ATVs, mobile artillery and more, Battlefield 3: Armored Kill also delivers huge battlefields for an all-out vehicle assault, including the biggest map in Battlefield history.

• Battlefield 3: End Game – The third expansion pack will ship in the winter but details remain tightly guarded and is due to be released this winter.
    Last edited by Marccap; 03-07-2012 at 07:27 PM.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

This = AWESOME!!!!

cake or death

Isn't Close Quarters just BF3 TDM?

Big thanks to Bladia for awesome sig
    "Unfortunately the Nazi's don't play cricket - if they did, we wouldn't be on opposite sides now."

Go Blue Jackets!!

I wonder if after the "end game" DLC will be the last and move there attention over to MoH2

Lvl 1 - Bronze

yay! can't wait!

Lvl 4 - Silver

The close quarter one is only 16 player, so obv 8 vs 8 instead of 12 vs 12

Sig By Apokolypz

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I hope close quarters doesn't mean it will be all usas. That will get very annoying very quickly.
    God of War 1, 2, 3, Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta | Dante's Inferno | Uncharted 1 and 2 | Darksiders | Infamous 1 and 2 | Unreal Tournament 3 | Dead Space | Killzone 3 | Assassin's Creed 2 | Prototype 2

Lvl 5 - Silver

Awesome! I cant wait for these to come out. Maybe after End Game they will start on Bad Company 3. If they havent already.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadMardigan_88 View Post
    Awesome! I cant wait for these to come out. Maybe after End Game they will start on Bad Company 3. If they havent already.
    I'd put my house on them already having started on a new BF, whether it's BF4 or Bad Company 3

This is awesome though, little bit disappointed that there's no 2143, but hopefully that's what endwar is

Lvl 3 - Bronze

wonder if there's gonna be trophies for this? hmmmmm

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by BSpatula View Post
    I hope close quarters doesn't mean it will be all usas. That will get very annoying very quickly.
    By the time this is released, the USAS will have already been nerfed thanks to the upcoming patch.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbunt83 View Post
    I'd assume so seeing as it says there will be new assignments.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

INTJ

UGGGGGGHHHHHH

Lvl 6 - Silver

Can't wait to find out more information about this stuff. Might be a little reluctant to buy the infantry-only one due to the shotgun + frag round spam but the all out vehicle warfare one is a definite buy for me
    MyAnimeList: Killermachine252 | Sword Art Online <3
    Expand Platcard to see my entire Sword Art Online signature below it

Administrator

I may try them all, not big on the TDM Close Quarter aspect as much. But we will see. Maybe I will camp

cake or death

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

UGGGGGGHHHHHH

What is that?

"Unfortunately the Nazi's don't play cricket - if they did, we wouldn't be on opposite sides now."

Regional Manager of War

I wish Close Quarter was 6 vs 6, would make the combat alot more intense and personal, but 8 vs 8 isn't that bad. Now I am interested in this game now, I prefer smaller maps maybe because I played alot of CoD, Uncharted and KZ3.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    What is that?
    The smallest map in BF history its supposed to be like 3 storeys high though... so idk well have to see how it plays out just annoying that theyre making super small maps, the BIGGEST MAPS EVER IN BATTLEFIELD! with armoured DLC will probably be really poor on ps3 as well, the current big vehicle maps are just dead zones with bad vehicle/player count so everyone's just flying around (2 jets 1 heli + 1 transport helicopter = at least 4 maybe 6-7 in the air).. so there's not enough people left to go on the ground, not to mention any tanks and that.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by mrbunt83 View Post
    I would assume there is going to be seeing as they have always added them when DLC has been released

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect

Working on: Portal 2 (62%)

cake or death

Quote Originally Posted by Waystedyou View Post
    The smallest map in BF history its supposed to be like 3 storeys high though... so idk well have to see how it plays out just annoying that theyre making super small maps, the BIGGEST MAPS EVER IN BATTLEFIELD! with armoured DLC will probably be really poor on ps3 as well, the current big vehicle maps are just dead zones with bad vehicle/player count so everyone's just flying around (2 jets 1 heli + 1 transport helicopter = at least 4 maybe 6-7 in the air).. so there's not enough people left to go on the ground, not to mention any tanks and that.

So, if that's a small indoor map we should expect shotgun abuse like never before? Can't wait.....

Lvl 3 - Bronze

This is cool to hear, I don't have any complaint about this.
    <3 Girls Generation/SNSD!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast