Syndicate Announcement Trailer and Release Date

This is a discussion on Syndicate Announcement Trailer and Release Date within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Starbreeze have recently announced a new Syndicate game, from the previous title which released in 1996, and have given it ...

Scotch and Pain Killers

Syndicate Announcement Trailer and Release Date

Starbreeze have recently announced a new Syndicate game, from the previous title which released in 1996, and have given it a firm release date, with an Announcement trailer to match. Starbreeze have developed some stellar titles in the past, such as The Darkness, and The Chronicles of Riddick, so they have some good experience under their belt.

In Syndicate, you take on the role of Miles Kilo, the latest prototype agent from Eurocorp. The game follows him, as he embarks on a brutal action adventure of corruption and revenge. Syndicate has a little twist compared to the usual run and gun FPS style of other games, as players aren’t limited to the weapons in their hands. Through the DART 6 bio-chip technology implanted in their head, players can slow down time and 'breach the digital world around them' to take down their foes using a variety of upgradable hacking mechanics.

2069 - No longer governed by politicians, the developed world is divided up into regions controlled by mega-corporations known as syndicates. These syndicates have revolutionized how the consumer interacts with the digital world. Since the consumer requires a device to access the world's data and control technology, they can do this in the blink of an eye via neural chip implant.

Civilians flocked to be "Chip'd" and enjoy all that their selected syndicate has been selected has to offer: housing, medical, banking, insurance, education, entertainment and jobs. One complete package. One complete lifestyle. In return, the syndicates gained unprecedented insights, and control, over the individual and their behavior. With little government oversight, business has become war. The syndicates will stop at nothing for ultimate market dominance.

At the first line of this war are the agents, the syndicate's bio-engineered and chip-augmented enforcers. They can breach anything in the wired dataverse, including their enemies, their weapons and the environment that surrounds them, making them the most efficient and deadly technological weapons in the world.

Syndicate is set to release on the 21st of February, 2012. A four-player co-op mode has also been confirmed.

Source: Unitlost
    Last edited by BountyHunterInc; 09-29-2011 at 11:52 AM.

Inactive

Look's pretty cool.. look's kinda like Deus Ex but better.

| YouTube Channel | GDT Comp Banner by djunglist |

Kiwi Defender

It looks interesting, but I'll approach it with caution, based on how much I didn't like the Riddick game.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

looks really cool but hate the dubstep. kinda ruining it for me

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Qurb View Post
    Look's pretty cool.. look's kinda like Deus Ex but better.
    lol yeah.. looks a lot like Deus Ex

Lvl 2 - Bronze

cool

Lvl 3 - Bronze

yeah looks pretty cool have to look into it.

'You're a soldier! Finish your mission! Show your loyalty! Face me.'

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Looking pretty good actually.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Bleh. The ONLY UNIQUE PART OF THE ORIGINAL SYNDICATE GAME was the isometric four man squad management dynamic. They've completely ejected the sole, solitary defining characteristic in a storied and revered franchise and replaced it so they can make what...IWishIWereDeusExicate?
    I'm sure it'll be a fine game, but I wish they'd keep their filthy paws off my favorite childhood franchises if they aren't going to give them the respect they deserve.

Lvl 6 - Silver

first person again

Perfecting since 1996

Wow that actually looks really neat.

La Mano de Dios

When I first saw the character's intro, it kinda reminded me of Cristian Bale in "Equilibrium". The game looks pretty cool so far. Let's hope it lives to its hype.