Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Skyrim: Dawnguard DLC Official Trailer

This is a discussion on Skyrim: Dawnguard DLC Official Trailer within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; After the announcement for the upcoming DLC for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim last month, Bethesda have now released the ...

Nope, nothing

Skyrim: Dawnguard DLC Official Trailer

After the announcement for the upcoming DLC for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim last month, Bethesda have now released the first official trailer for 'Dawnguard', and it reveals it's dark theme...

The Dawnguard DLC looks to put a major choice on the shoulders of the player; will you become a Creature of the Night and feast on human blood? Or will you join the Dawnguard and face evil with your trusty Crossbow?

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dawnguard DLC is said to be released sometime this summer for around $20, and we will find out more information at this years E3.

Now do you think this will be the first of Bethesda's "quality over quantity" DLC?

дурак

$20!?

Bethesda, if this is not worth the money, I swear to god, I will take a wrecking ball to your studio.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    $20!?

Bethesda, if this is not worth the money, I swear to god, I will take a wrecking ball to your studio.
    Yup, that's based on the fact it's 1600 Microsoft Points, which is $19.99...or around that anyway.

дурак

Oh

I don't much about how Microsoft Points work, so yeah xD. Kind of a stupid way to sell things, but anyhow, back on topic

Where The Wind Blows

Looks great - sure to be exactly $10 worth of great gameplay.

Yeah, I'll be waiting for a sale. Either that or selling my copy of Skyrim post-platinum and just buying the eventual GOTY / Complete edition.

Click for some context for this signature. It rotates the lyric every time it's reloaded!

Platinum Dohvakiin

$20!!! Are they serious! How big is this download going to be anyway? Second question is. If this is just the first DLC. Than I just might wait until it's all on 1 disk. To pick it up. Because at $20 a pop. It'll be cheaper just to rebuy Skyrim in it's GOTY Edition.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:
    Yakuza: Dead Souls & Dynasty Warriors 7

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    $20!!! Are they serious! How big is this download going to be anyway? Second question is. If this is just the first DLC. Than I just might wait until it's all on 1 disk. To pick it up. Because at $20 a pop. It'll be cheaper just to rebuy Skyrim in it's GOTY Edition.
    You know what? Screw it, I'll wait till the GOTY edition. You're right if this is how much all the DLC will cost, than it would be more expensive. I learned that the hard way with Fallout New Vegas.

All That Jazz

Well "Shivering Isles" for Oblivion was $30. If this is 2/3rds of what that was it will be worth it. It's got to be more content than the Fallout DLCs though otherwise they are seriously doing a money grab. I'm cautiously optimistic.
    = 35 - Assassin's Creed II, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Bioshock 2, Borderlands, DC Universe Online, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Far Cry 3, InFamous, InFamous 2, InFamous: Second Son, Just Cause 2, KOA: Reckoning, L.A. Noire, Lego Batman 2, Lego Pirates, Mirror's Edge, Motorstorm: Apocalypse, Okami HD, PGA Tour 10, PGA Tour 12, R&C Collection ( x3), R&C: ACIT, Skyrim, Sleeping Dogs, Sly Collection ( x3), Smart As..., The Saboteur, Tomb Raider: Underworld, Trine, Trine 2

PSN Downloads at 100% - 32

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Meh. I sold my copy once I got my plat back on Christmas Day. I don't think I'll even get this. Maybe GOTY edition eventually. Hopefully my 166 hour save will work with that version.

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    You know what? Screw it, I'll wait till the GOTY edition. You're right if this is how much all the DLC will cost, than it would be more expensive. I learned that the hard way with Fallout New Vegas.
    Il earned my DLC leasson. Back when I was still playing Dragon Age: Origins on the PC. I think with buying the game at release and the DLC when they came out. I ended up spending over $120 on that game. My best friend ended up giving me DA: O The Complete Edition for the PS3, as a gift. And it netted her $40 total.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:
    Yakuza: Dead Souls & Dynasty Warriors 7

Mr. X

Bethesda said ages ago that they were going to focus on making less DLC but making it bigger. So the price probably reflects the content that will be in the DLC.

That said for more Skyrim just take my money now.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

Aes Dana

Hmm.. i am in no rush to play this. Looks really good however.

PRO Member

I would wait for the GOTY edition, but my concern is that if it took this long for the first DLC and they plan on maybe one or two more... the GOTY may not be out for another year. I don't think I would want to wait that long.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

seems like a very good dlc. I just need to figure out how to fix my game though since it keeps freezing at random

Platinum Procrastinator

I'm assuming the $20 price tag is a reflection of the amount of content associated with the DLC. For that much money, it has to be longer than the Fallout DLC.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Hmmm.... more DLC trophies to get . Like I have the time of the world...

Lvl 8 - Gold

My copy of Skyrim has been loaned out to a co-worker for several months now. Guess I'll need to get it back soon so I can play this. As long as there are trophies, I'll pick this up as soon as it releases, just to keep my 100%. Also, I'll definitely be joining the Dawnguard. Didn't want to be a vamp in the game proper, won't change my mind for the DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by terabyter9000 View Post
    Meh. I sold my copy once I got my plat back on Christmas Day. I don't think I'll even get this. Maybe GOTY edition eventually. Hopefully my 166 hour save will work with that version.
    Your save file should work fine, but if it's anything like Fallout 3, you'll want to delete the standard game's install data before playing a GOTY version. I had no end of strange game freezing and system lockups until I noticed I had two game installs that were conflicting with each other.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I just bought a $20 psn card to get Harley Quinn's Revenge and then I was planning on saving the remaining $10 for Dawnguard... That idea certainly isn't going to work now...

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave people wondering how the hell you did it.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by D-Square23 View Post
    seems like a very good dlc. I just need to figure out how to fix my game though since it keeps freezing at random
    Delete Skyrim Update Data from the Game Data section of the XMB, then redownload the whole update (v1.5). Worked for me!

Lvl 4 - Silver

Looks awesome, but the pricetag... Either way, I still have a lot of unfinished business as it is in Skyrim, so it's not really essential that I buy this in order to have something to do in the game.

Signature by Fox | Take a look at my Trophy Checklist | Latest plat: The Walking Dead

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast