Harmonix, the people that brought us some of the last decades most popular franchises, Guitar Hero and Rock Band, are back with an exciting new revamp on the rhythm series, Rock Band Blitz.
Harmonix is going back to their roots with Rock Band Blitz. Instead of using the standard music peripherals to play the game, you use only a regular controller, switching back and forth through 'lanes' - each on covering a different instrument - similar to Frequency, or Amplitude. To spice up the gameplay there is also 10 unique power-ups you can catch while playing, like the Bottle Rocket, that shoots off into the distance to explode gems, or you can try to nab the Flame Notes for more points.
Previously, only a handful of songs have been announced, but today Harmonix has pulled back the curtains and revealed the full 25 song setlist:
- The All-American Rejects – Kids in the Street
- Avenged Sevenfold – So Far Away
- Barenaked Ladies – One Week
- Blink-182 – Always
- Collective Soul – Shine
- Elton John – I’m Still Standing
- Fall Out Boy – A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More ‘Touch Me’
- Foo Fighters – These Days
- Foster the People – Pumped Up Kicks
- Fun. ft. Janelle MonŠe – We Are Young
- Great White – Once Bitten Twice Shy
- Kelly Clarkson – Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You)
- Kool & The Gang – Jungle Boogie
- Iron Maiden – The Wicker Man
- Living Colour – The Cult of Personality
- Maroon 5 – Moves Like Jagger
- My Chemical Romance – Sing
- P!nk – Raise Your Glass
- Queen – Death on Two Legs
- Quiet Riot – Metal Health (Bang Your Head)
- Red Hot Chili Peppers – Give It Away
- Shinedown – Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom)
- Soundgarden – Spoonman
- Rick Springfield – Jessie’s Girl
- Tears for Fears – Shout
Here's what Harmonix’s Vice President of Music and Strategy, Chris Rigopulos had to say about the setlist: “We spent a lot of time making sure the Rock Band Blitz soundtrack was just right. There are a handful of artists that are new to the Rock Band catalog, as well as solid tracks from fan favorites and classic artists. These are handpicked tracks that we made sure are not only fun to play in Rock Band Blitz, but make an awesome addition to your Rock Band 3 music library at a great value.”
On top of the fact that all of your previously downloaded Rock Band tracks will be compatible with Blitz, all 25 songs from Rock Band Blitz will be playable on Rock Band 3.
You can see the announcement trailer here, showing off gameplay, including some of the awesome new power-ups.
Rock Band Blitz will be releasing in the PlayStation Store on August 28, 2012 for the price of $14.99.