Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

More Grand Theft Auto V Details Revealed

This is a discussion on More Grand Theft Auto V Details Revealed within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; My bad for being late on this peepz. The first official details about Grand Theft Auto V have been announced. ...

Death is Awaiting....

More Grand Theft Auto V Details Revealed

My bad for being late on this peepz. The first official details about Grand Theft Auto V have been announced. In the newest digital issue of Game Informer, Rockstar revealed that the game will have three playable characters -- Michael, Trevor and Franklin. Michael is a retired bank robber in his early 40's who is now in the witness protection program, and whose wife has burned through his substantial fortune, causing him to get back into the game. His friend Trevor, the second character, is around the same age as Michael and described as a drugged out psychopath (lol), who's a career criminal and prone to violence.The final character, Franklin, works as a repo man and is younger, in his mid 20's. Franklin is described as the young and capable one of the bunch. All three will come together later on.

Here is the new Game-Informer cover.

Toggle Spoiler

Now that you've seen that, here are some more details. Rockstar says that Los Santos will be the biggest open world in Rockstar's history, "bigger than Read Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto IV and San Andreas combined." Players will also be able to explore underwater areas of the city. Awesome, right? Heists will be a key element in the game, but players will also experience situations similar to Red Dead Redemption’s dynamic encounters, including stopping to check on broken cars and picking up hitchhikers. Players will also be able to chase and catch muggers or rob cash vans. Can't wait for that!

Here's something else for you to look at!

Toggle Spoiler

Outside of missions, players will also be able to participate in multiple activities including yoga, triathalons, jet skiing, base jumping, tennis and golf. They can also cruise around the gigantic map in vehicles, with a confirmed list so far that includes several bikes, cars and trucks as well as helicopters, planes, ATVs and jet skis. Planes.. dude, planes. I can't be the only one excited for planes. We will also be seeing appearances from characters from Grand Theft Auto IV and Episodes from Liberty City -- just not major characters like Niko Belic, or CJ. Grand Theft Auto V will be dropping in sometime 2013. It's only been confirmed for 360 and PS3, but PC will hopefully get it sometime.

Before I post this though, I'll post the trailer for it.

Source: GTA V

PRO Member

Three playable characters. Hopefully that mean when the stories converge you can do some main story co-op. I think I can actually get my friends in on this, instead of having to rely on randoms, if that's even the case. Single player has always been awesome on these games anyway. Can't wait for it.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Better late than never, either way, really looking forward to this!
    The game engine looks pretty smooth and the fact that the 3 characters end up coming together makes its interesting.
    In all honesty, I think I'd pick the middle aged drugged up psycho... Just to see what kind of remarks he'll make when I'm randomly fly kicking everyone on the street in the face

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"

Gods Reign

The info and pics given yesterday was sweet. Now I'm just looking forward for the 2nd trailer.

Hero of Kvatch

Planes, and a huge map Everything else is just gravy

"War, war never changes."

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by MTL_TKO View Post
    Planes, and a huge map Everything else is just gravy
    Exactly my thought on this. But GTA is of course a pre-order for me. I just hope it really will come out this spring. It cannot be delayed...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Anyone else here who didn't really like GTA IV compared to the earlier games? I'm actually looking forward to this, I think they'll be adding some of the MP aspects from Max Payne 3 into this game also.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I know this is the official site news. But since I spent a long time making this I thought I'd post it for a nice bullet point list of many features.

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/gr...v-details.html

And to comment on this thread. I'm SO excited. Especially the map size being bigger than GTA IV, San andreas and RDR combined. Some people think smaller maps are better because their more filled but I prefer large maps because it opens room to just fly around in planes and see the sights below you. And anyway judging by the screenshots the map looks very detailed. I'm surprised they have nearly finished it so soon.

And about this multiple protagonists. This explains more from IGN which seems interesting way to use it. Still a little concerned that I won't connect with the characters like before.

Players will experience missions as different combinations of the three characters, and each will have a different skillset. For example, in one heist mission, Michael rappels down the side of a building while Franklin uses a sniper rifle from afar and Trevor flies in a helicopter above. Players can switch back and forth between Michael grabbing a target inside the building or Franklin trying to snipe enemies inside. Once you escape, the player can choose to fly the getaway helicopter as Trevor, snipe other pilots as Franklin or fire a gun from the back of the vehicle as Michael.

Lvl 4 - Silver

A w e s o m e

PRO Member

free margeritas for rockstar!

Inactive

When I heard that this game was the size of GTA San Andreas, GTA IV & RDR combined, it was already a must buy! Only 5 days till the next trailer, can't wait!

| YouTube Channel | GDT Comp Banner by djunglist |

Lvl 6 - Silver

I really hope they go back to the old driving controls.

Playin some Deadpool :/

For the record, Lucy Diamond is a movie reference and I'm a guy.

What are you doing right now? thread

Ice Cream Firefighter

Rockstar says that Los Santos will be the biggest open world in Rockstar's history, "bigger than Read Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto IV and San Andreas combined."
    I have never been wowed by anything I had heard about this game until this news. I have been on the fence looking down at the no side but I just fell backwards reading this info. Day 1 buy

GDT RIP Biggest
    Competition of 2013
    Will be drawn very soon

GDT RIP Competitions
    On holidays and will resume on February 1st 2014

Now Playing
    Final Fantasy XIV:
    A Realm Reborn

Lvl 2 - Bronze

So no Tommy Vercetti huh....interesting. Still sounds like a day 1 buy easy

It smells like Smoke cuz I've been through FIRE

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by lucy diamond View Post
    I really hope they go back to the old driving controls.
    you had the ability to change to the old style controls in the options menu.

Lvl 6 - Silver

it looks it is going to be nice, so maybe afterall it will be a first day buy

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Qurb View Post
    When I heard that this game was the size of GTA San Andreas, GTA IV & RDR combined, it was already a must buy! Only 5 days till the next trailer, can't wait!
    Damn thats big. So this game will be none stop! At the moment I'm not in Mcdonald's, but I sure am lovin it!
    Sync Unison: Element of Spirits

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Already pre-ordered, this is some great news. The size of the map alone makes me want to lose all touch of my social life for the first three weeks it releases. In all seriousness here.

Angel of Death

Biggest map?! Damn, if that's true, then it'll be over 25 square miles, because that's what Red Dead's map size was.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

This and Bioshock will be my favorite parts of 2013.

Plats: BFBC2, BF3, MW2, MW3, UC, UC2, UC3, Bioshock, Bioshock 2, LBP, AC II, ACB, ACR, AC III, Burnout

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast