Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Resistance Collection Release Date Announced

This is a discussion on Resistance Collection Release Date Announced within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Insomniac Games the company behind the Resistance series has announced the release date for the Resistance Collection . The collection ...

September MotM 2013

Resistance Collection Release Date Announced

Insomniac Games the company behind the Resistance series has announced the release date for the Resistance Collection. The collection contains all three games from the Resistance series which is a first-person shooter game. The series follows Joe Capelli and Nathan Hale as the fight to defeat the Chimera and rid Earth of them. They will do whatever they can to stop the Chimeran invasion and get them off Earth. The games also feature multiplayer and co-op, so you also have that to do other than the MP.

Today Insomniac Games has announced the release date for the Resistance Collection. The collection which contains all three games in the series will be releasing on the PS3 on December 5, 2012. Insomniac also revealed the DLC that will be included in the collection when the game comes out for PS3. What still hasn't been revealed is whether Resistance: Fall of Man will get trophies. Below is some screen shots and details on the DLC.

The DLC:

• Resistance 2 Aftermath Multiplayer Map Pack
    • Resistance 2 Skin Bundle
    • Resistance 2 Wraith Skin multiplayer weapon
    • Resistance 3 Brutality Pack
    • Resistance 3 Survival Pack

Screenshots

Source: US PS Blog.

PRO Member

Nice, played 1 & 2, haven't played 3 yet...I'll probably be picking this collection up. Please, oh please, let there be trophies for Fall of Man

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

Prayer Warrior

yeah i'm buying this for sure. i had all three on separate disc but sold them and have regretted it ever since. so this along with the dlc.....must buy. thanks for the heads up.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 8 - Gold

Excellent news. I only played the first game so this will be a great buy for me.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I haven't played any of these yet. seems like a good time to jump on board.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Somebody asked on the PlayStation Blog if Resistance: Fall of Man would be getting trophies. Here's the answer from James Stevenson of Insomniac games.

No. This is a re-release of the games, with no changes.
    So there won't be trophies. It's still a good value for three games, but I'll take a pass on this one.

quick edit here.

As for the reason why there will not be trophies to Resistance: Fall of Man, this response was presented. When they were told they were "dropping the ball" by not adding trophies:

Not sure why itís us dropping the ball. For years we have said we will not ever add trophies to RFOM. We are completely focused on new games, and to try to re-open our 6+ year old code base to add trophies and then retest the entire game on an engine and environment that we havenít worked in for years, is not possible.
    But why should that inability on our part to add trophies prevent Sony from repackaging the three games together for folks that might not have picked them up yet?

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

This is so cool, Resistance is a great game, I love the fact that instead of nazis, aliens attack the planet, really cool idea,I played only the first one, but I bet others are good too, must buy for me

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Oh I bet Fall of men will get trophies, releasing it without trophies would be bad move, since there's a lot of trophy hunters out there

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    Somebody asked on the PlayStation Blog if Resistance: Fall of Man would be getting trophies. Here's the answer from James Stevenson of Insomniac games.

So there won't be trophies. It's still a good value for three games, but I'll take a pass on this one.
    Trophies or not, I'm still picking up this collection

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Never played the series, so this is great for me.

Inactive

I played Resistance 3 and it was freaking amazing! I'm definitely getting this collection, I'm missing out!

| YouTube Channel | GDT Comp Banner by djunglist |

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingThumbs_ View Post
    Oh I bet Fall of men will get trophies, releasing it without trophies would be bad move, since there's a lot of trophy hunters out there
    See the post 2 above yours. - not happenin'

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

An old-fashioned cowboy

Never played any of the Resistance games but I always been interested in playing them although I probably won't get the collection right away.

Only The Greatest

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post

quick edit here.

As for the reason why there will not be trophies to Resistance: Fall of Man, this response was presented. When they were told they were "dropping the ball" by not adding trophies:
    Although this does make sense,I can see them changing their mind on such a decision. Hey, they added trophies to Metal Gear 4 and isn't that game just as old?
    Not to mention all the other games that they added to a collection they added trophies to (such as killzone 1 as well as the shadow ico collection)

Just my 2 cents

Toggle Spoiler

Latest Platinum: Splinter Cell Blacklist
    Working On:COD Ghosts, Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed, Sniper Elite V2, & Hunted: The Demon's Forge

Lvl 3 - Bronze

great just great no trophies for this just means no trophy for assassin's creed 1

Avy and Sig By Pixie of Darkness

Kid, not loser

A lot of people are acting all pissed on the blog for it not having trophies while Insomniac is trying to defend themselves. I can see their frustration but I mean whining about it just makes the community look bad, and that's all. I really feel like Insomniac has been taking a lot of heat lately, especially with the change to Fuse. They just aren't the most respected devs out there anymore(not that they ever were).

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Great collection...the best FPS franchise after Killzone...I would pick this collection...but I already got Resistance Dual Pack and Resistance 3...as always these recently released collections aren't for me.But for those who didn't played is a bless.I'm surprised with the amount of people who never played the series and moreover R3.You guys are missing a fantastic experience.If you ever get addicted to the incredible MP of R3 add me.Shame that great FPS's like Resistance dont get the attention that it deserves.

Toggle Spoiler

Hero of Kvatch

Trophies or no trophies, Resistance is still a must play game. It's about enjoying playing it, not adding to a number on the far right of your XMB

"War, war never changes."

Chaos will follow

I'll just pick up the first on PSN, but definitely buy the collection if you haven't played any before.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by DETfaninATL View Post
    See the post 2 above yours. - not happenin'
    I choose not to see it lol, cause if I will be heartbroken

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast