Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Skyrim Dragonborn DLC Coming to PS3 Early Next Year

This is a discussion on Skyrim Dragonborn DLC Coming to PS3 Early Next Year within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Skyrim , the game that comes to you from developer Bethesda Softworks just had some good news announced for the ...

September MotM 2013

Skyrim Dragonborn DLC Coming to PS3 Early Next Year

Skyrim, the game that comes to you from developer Bethesda Softworks just had some good news announced for the PS3. The news that was announced is that the games latest DLC installment that was announced a month ago will be coming to the PS3. The new DLC that I am talking about here is the Dragonborn DLC. Skyrim puts players' in the shoes of the Dragonborn who's job is to take down the evil dragon Alduin. They will accomplish this by obtaining the Elder Scroll and learning a specific shout that will help them defeat Alduin. Skyrim was released for the PS3 on November 11, 2011.

As the title of the thread states, Bethesda has confirmed that the Dragonborn DLC will be coming to the PS3 in early 2013. The Dragonborn DLC takes players' to the location of Solstheim which is located to the North East of Skyrim. The new DLC is the first DLC for the PS3 since the last two have yet to come to it. Those two DLC's being Dawnguard and Hearthfire. The announcement of this comes from the Bethesda Blog. On the blog Bethesda said a couple of things about the announcement.

The following things were said by Bethesda:

"We’re also happy to announce Dragonborn will be available on PS3 and PC early next year."

"The support from Skyrim fans over the last year has been amazing, and it’s driven us to support Skyrim more than any game we’ve ever released – including free content updates, modding tools like the Creation Kit and the Skyrim Workshop, and our add-ons, Dawnguard and Hearthfire."

Bethesda also revealed that more DLC will be on the way next year, but no detail on what systems it will come to.

Here is what they said:

"We’re still not done," it reveals. "We look forward to sharing more Skyrim news next year!"

Source: IGN.
    Last edited by U.M.A._Mailman19; 12-03-2012 at 11:38 AM.

Bringing the PAIN

"The support from Skyrim fans over the last year has been amazing, and it’s driven us to support Skyrim more than any game we’ve ever released"

Because the lack of the last few DLC on PS3 at all and all the bugs still in 360 version are the most support they have ever given? Good work guys!

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Dragonborn's looking to be the best Skyrim dlc yet so at least we'll be getting that one.

Kid, not loser

Should be free, but whatever. I don't see how people would still want to buy it, especially since it has been over a year the games been out. I've lost all hope in Bethesda, and I still almost have my doubts about this announcement. This is a case where it's I will only believe it when I see it.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Where's Fallout 4 announcement Bethesda, We are all dying for Fallout news, Damn it! On topic, I think after all the problems Skyrim has got on the ps3 it has reduced the quantity of people expecting the DLC and are willing to pay for it.
    PS4: jGezze7
    ''War... War Never Changes...... Men do, through the roads they walk.''

PRO Member

This must mean Heartfire and Dawnguard also release

Lvl 6 - Silver

This is good news but I have all ready got my platinum and have lost interest in dlc for the ps3. I also have it for xbox 360 so I get my dlc on that. I hope that the other two dlc Dawnguard and Hearthfire will release on ps3 so that everyone can eventually enjoy it.
    Thanks to xEl_Cidx for my awesome Avy and Sig.

PRO Member

If there's more DLC to come after this I guess no Complete Edition in a while

PRO Member

Loved Skyrim despite all of it's bugs, but I'm not buying this. Maybe I'll get it when there is a GOTY edition.

Hero of Kvatch

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisthemp View Post
    This must mean Heartfire and Dawnguard also release
    I take it to mean that we won't ever be getting either of these DLCs. If they can get the game itself and Dragonborn to work on PS3, why not the other 2 DLC packages?

"War, war never changes."

> Restart Button <

I'm just waiting until this has been sorted out and they drop a GotY version.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

Angel of Death

Not free, not buying.

PRO Member

Tip: Play a PC game on a PC not a console that is well over 7 years old.

Bethesda should just stick with releasing games for the PC and letting the modding community sort out the bugs for them instead of ending up with a butchered half game that struggles to work on old console HW

Platinum Dohvakiin

The support from Skyrim fans over the last year has been amazing, and it’s driven us to support Skyrim more than any game we’ve ever released
    I LOL'd so hard when I read this, I was like really? Bethesda you've been giving the game so much 'support' because the damn thing just barely works. Although I really liked the game and platted it 9even with the horrific frps issues). It still shouldn't take a year after the game has released, in order to get the DLC for the PS version to work. I mean damn you are the ones who made the damn game engine to begin with!

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:
    Yakuza: Dead Souls & Dynasty Warriors 7

Death is Awaiting....

I'm just glad we're finally getting the DLC.

Sig by Achantion

Hero of Kvatch

Quote Originally Posted by NOFORPAIN View Post
    Because the lack of the last few DLC on PS3 at all and all the bugs still in 360 version are the most support they have ever given? Good work guys!
    I think they were referring to the PC modding community , and taking all the glory for themselves.

"War, war never changes."

Rangers F.C

I am a massive Skyrim fan but will not purchase this on PS3 unless the other two are ready to play on PS3 there is no way I will give them another penny till they sort there shit out .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 5 - Silver

While I was expecting thier first dlc announcement for the PS3 to be Dawnguard, this is still welcome news. Im sure this dlc will be ones that fans of Skyrim will love, the question is will it be too late with how unprofessional Bethesda has been to its PS3 fans, on its lack of communication involving Dawnguard/any PS3 dlc ? I hope not , but I have not had to wait,(played em on 360) like alot of PS3 fans still are, & I still expect & want all dlc on PS3 , but Dragonborn does look truely amazing for the first one, Morrowind atmosphere & all. If you havent looked at screenshots or seen the Solstheim land map, check it out, and a game tester has reported over 30 hours in on it & still not done.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I really enjoyed Skyrim, but it saddens me to know that we couldnt get the DLC on the ps3, makes me think that they dont deserve to get cash out of us.

Labels

Guess this means we'll never be getting Dawnguard or Hearthfire.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig

"I went from the slums of hell to paradise in heaven, from a sling shot to a wall of Mac 11's"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast